Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 72 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Foreign exchange risk management is complex and requires a thorough understanding of the MFI’s business needs, its internal and external environment and exposures to the financial markets. Although there is a growing literature linking foreign exchange risk management to company performance there is, equally, a growing diversity of results. The study thus sought to assess the effect of foreign exchange risk management on financial performance of MFIs in Kenya.
A descriptive study design was utilized to examine and explore descriptive characteristics of several variables of interest. The target population for this study constituted the 44 MFI’s registered by the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Kenya. The primary data was collected from the MFI’s by use of self-administered questionnaires to; loans officers/credit officers, accountants and treasury/risk managers. Secondary data was on the other hand requested for from individual MFI’s records & publications. Multiple linear regression analysis was used to examine the magnitude of influence of the independent variable on the respective dependent variables.
It was found out that a strong positive relationship exists between financial performance in terms of ROA and use of forward contracts and options as foreign exchange risk management techniques. A positive relationship is further observed between ROA and all the other independent variables. It was also noted from the descriptive statistics that: CFOs define the foreign exchange management policies in most MFIs; the CEOs are in charge of the implementation of the foreign exchange risk management policies; and a relatively close frequency is observed in the measurements suggesting the possibility of foreign exchange risks and the degree of alertness towards countering the risks among the institutions.
The study recommends that MFIs should explore avenues to enhance capacities within them for managing foreign exchange risk. They should explore the route of continued education for those in workplaces through short term training that should be very practical oriented. The study also recommends that firms should look at instituting a sound risk management system and also needs to formulate their hedging strategy that suits their specific firm characteristics and exposures.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF CUSTOMER ORIENTATION AS A STRATEGY FOR ACHIEVING COMPETITIVE EDGE IN THE BANKING SECTOR» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Customer’s orientation is the philosophy of business that believes markets must connect wit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The term organization has been defined in several ways. Leavitt (1962:55 70) defines it as a spec...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYThe growing need to maintain a competitive edge and customer loyalty in the industry segment predetermine the si...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE A STUDY OF AFRIBANK NIGERIAN PLC, ENUGU REGIONAL OFFICE» ABSTRACT This research work examined how the environment affects the structure of an organization. It focused on the types of environment in which the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Since Nigeria attained independence in 1960, considerable efforts have been directed towards the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Product quality and price constitute vital factors that consumers consider in the choice of produ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY It is usually impossible for a particular organisation to have a comprehensive knowledge of all t...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECT OF LEADERSHIP STYLES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN KADUNA STATE» Abstract The factors which lead to the failures of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises could be tied to their decision making process, hence their lead...Continue Reading »
9. PUBLIC RELATIONS STRATEGIES FOR ENCHANCING THE IMAGE OF INSURANCE COMPANIES: A STUDY OF ENUGU URBAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study. A study of insurance history reveals that insurance practice arose from the need to protect aga...Continue Reading »
10. Influence of service quality on customers’ satisfaction and loyalty: The case of Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, Shashemene District» Abstract The main objective of the study was to investigate the influence of quality service on customers’ satisfaction and loyalty in five sele...Continue Reading »