Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 72 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Foreign exchange risk management is complex and requires a thorough understanding of the MFI’s business needs, its internal and external environment and exposures to the financial markets. Although there is a growing literature linking foreign exchange risk management to company performance there is, equally, a growing diversity of results. The study thus sought to assess the effect of foreign exchange risk management on financial performance of MFIs in Kenya.
A descriptive study design was utilized to examine and explore descriptive characteristics of several variables of interest. The target population for this study constituted the 44 MFI’s registered by the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Kenya. The primary data was collected from the MFI’s by use of self-administered questionnaires to; loans officers/credit officers, accountants and treasury/risk managers. Secondary data was on the other hand requested for from individual MFI’s records & publications. Multiple linear regression analysis was used to examine the magnitude of influence of the independent variable on the respective dependent variables.
It was found out that a strong positive relationship exists between financial performance in terms of ROA and use of forward contracts and options as foreign exchange risk management techniques. A positive relationship is further observed between ROA and all the other independent variables. It was also noted from the descriptive statistics that: CFOs define the foreign exchange management policies in most MFIs; the CEOs are in charge of the implementation of the foreign exchange risk management policies; and a relatively close frequency is observed in the measurements suggesting the possibility of foreign exchange risks and the degree of alertness towards countering the risks among the institutions.
The study recommends that MFIs should explore avenues to enhance capacities within them for managing foreign exchange risk. They should explore the route of continued education for those in workplaces through short term training that should be very practical oriented. The study also recommends that firms should look at instituting a sound risk management system and also needs to formulate their hedging strategy that suits their specific firm characteristics and exposures.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The intensity of competition among players in the Flour Milling industry in Nigeria necessitated the development of a business strategy to ou...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Public Relations, is a major element of the promotional mix which comprises other components like ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In all economic activities human effort is the key. It is the human knowledge transferred into act...Continue Reading »
5. ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF THE ROLE OF YOUTH IN NATION DEVELOPMENT IN KATAGUM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BAUCHI STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Johnson (1998) viewed that role is the dynamic or behavioural aspect of status or a role is the manner in which an indivi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The issue of fair valuation of residential real estate properties has been a major challenge in N...Continue Reading »
7. MANPOWER PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT AS A TOOL HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY. A CASE STUDY OF LIFE FLOUR MILL, SAPELE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In a modern organization that emphasis division of labour, the function of the personnel officer ...Continue Reading »
8. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF BRITISH-CURRICULUM ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The deplorable state of public schools in Nigeria has given rise to the preference for private ed...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study This study intends to shed more light on the impact of public procurement act on the accountabilit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The current difficulties and uncertainties in business underline the importance of profes...Continue Reading »