Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 72 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Foreign exchange risk management is complex and requires a thorough understanding of the MFI’s business needs, its internal and external environment and exposures to the financial markets. Although there is a growing literature linking foreign exchange risk management to company performance there is, equally, a growing diversity of results. The study thus sought to assess the effect of foreign exchange risk management on financial performance of MFIs in Kenya.
A descriptive study design was utilized to examine and explore descriptive characteristics of several variables of interest. The target population for this study constituted the 44 MFI’s registered by the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Kenya. The primary data was collected from the MFI’s by use of self-administered questionnaires to; loans officers/credit officers, accountants and treasury/risk managers. Secondary data was on the other hand requested for from individual MFI’s records & publications. Multiple linear regression analysis was used to examine the magnitude of influence of the independent variable on the respective dependent variables.
It was found out that a strong positive relationship exists between financial performance in terms of ROA and use of forward contracts and options as foreign exchange risk management techniques. A positive relationship is further observed between ROA and all the other independent variables. It was also noted from the descriptive statistics that: CFOs define the foreign exchange management policies in most MFIs; the CEOs are in charge of the implementation of the foreign exchange risk management policies; and a relatively close frequency is observed in the measurements suggesting the possibility of foreign exchange risks and the degree of alertness towards countering the risks among the institutions.
The study recommends that MFIs should explore avenues to enhance capacities within them for managing foreign exchange risk. They should explore the route of continued education for those in workplaces through short term training that should be very practical oriented. The study also recommends that firms should look at instituting a sound risk management system and also needs to formulate their hedging strategy that suits their specific firm characteristics and exposures.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The contribution of the manufacturing sector to the growth of an economy cannot be overemphasized...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The banking industry has been known for its intermediary role in proving financial assistance (cr...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACTS OF MANGO BUSINESS IN OFF-SEASON HOUSEHOLD INCOME OF FARMERS IN KAURA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE.» ABSTRACT The research work was on an investigation into the utilization and maintenance of building workshop and workshop facilities in technical coll...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 THE PROBLEM AND ITS SETTING Every industry operates within two sets of constraints. Internal constraints are those proble...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The banking industry is under going a period of transformation and this requires new orientation ...Continue Reading »
6. IMPACT OF COST CONTROL AND COST REDUCTION ON PROFITABILITY OF MANUFACTURING COMPANY (CASE STUDY OF BLACKWORTH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, KWARA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY A business objective is the starting point for any business organization to thrive and it provid...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 Background Of Study Recruitment and Selection is a vital process for every successful organization because having the right staff improves and sus...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research was carried out to assessed the impact of corporate social responsibility on firm performance of MTN Nigeria a case study of Sok...Continue Reading »
9. AN ANALYSIS OF THE OPERATION OF THE NIGERIAN CAPITAL MARKET (A CASE STUDY OF THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE KADUNA BRANCH» ABSTRACT The stock market is a common feature of a modern economy and it is perceived to perform some necessary functions which promote the growth and...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM IN AN ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF PZ CUSSONS NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study One of the important aspects of the production of goods and services is the proper distri...Continue Reading »