Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The goal or desire of any nation is to achieve its economic growth and development. For the Nigeria government, employment provision for all and reasonable development of all localities are certainly not feasible within the limited government structures and establishment. The federal government therefore considers the active participation of the private sector especially at the grass root as the most viable means of achieving the development and job provisions. Hence, in its second and third national development plan, the federal government adopted the policy of giving active support to the promotion and development of small and medium enterprises on the country.
However, are would want to know what entrepreneurial development is all about. According to some writers, especially in the written work of H.O. Amaechina “entrepreneurship concept of small business management”, entrepreneur. So defined as the willingness and ability of an individual to seek out investment opportunities, establish and run the enterprise successfully. Thus entrepreneurship is associated with different kinds of activities that has to do with the establishment and operation of business enterprises. Such activities may include;
i) Identification of investment opportunities.
ii) Deciding what opportunities to exploit for profit.
iii) Promotion and establishment of the business enterprises.
iv) Pooling of the various scarce resources needed for production and distribution of good and services.
v) Organisation and management of the human and material resources for the attainment of the objectives of the enterprise, risk bearing and innovation.
On the other hand, entrepreneurial development can be described as the varied programme, and incentives provided by governments and non-governmental agencies aimed at training, promoting and encouraging entrepreneurs toward the attainment of maximum economic returns in any business ventures they embark on.
The importance of entrepreneurial development in the economy aids entrepreneurs to identify a profitability business and how to go about it. It makes the entrepreneur to be aware of how to locate a business. it creates awareness on the area of location and if it can affect their business. Infact, entrepreneurial development helps to avoid business failures.
The small business supports system such as National Directorate of Employment (NDE), Nigeria Bank for Commerce and Industry (NBCI), National Economic Reconstruction Fund (NERFUND), and Industrial Development Centre (IDC) are all set up to aid small scale business in the areas of finding development of managerial and technical skills.
Industrial Development Center as one of the small business support systems is set to provide technical services such as;
1 Technical advice and assistance regarding the selection of the right machinery, equipment and raw materials for the purpose of setting up the business.
2 Assistance in the installation and operation of the machinery.
3 On the job training of the artisans in handling of the machines.
4 Giving advice an assistance to small industrialists to improve the design and quality of their products.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
It is a general assumption that small – scale business is imperative for national growth and development. It has been emphasized that Nigeria is entrepreneurial under-developed.
There are other managerial services which include:
1 Training of proprietors and the supervisory staff of small and medium enterprises in modern management methods and practices.
2 Supply of economic information needed by prospective investors for making investment decisions.
3 Financial counseling
4 Organizing seminars and workshops.
5 Supply of industrial information
6 Feasibility studies and market surveys.
To what extent has this organisation (IDC) achieved these objectives in the support of small scale business is the focus of this research.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The nation is experiencing a lot of economic crises such as decline in business activities, unemployment inflation, and mostly the problem of retrenchment. The purpose of this study therefore is to asses the contribution of industrial development center towards the solving of the unemployment crises and the realization of self reliance on the economy.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Is the performance of small – scale industries dependent on their training?
2. What is your area of coverage?
3. Does industrial development centre (IDC) Enugu have adequate facilities to cover its areas of operations?
Ho: The performance of small – scale industrial is dependent on their training.
Hi: Industrial development center, Enugu is having adequate coverage in its areas of operations.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The importance of this study is to help small scale business entrepreneurs gain awareness into organisation and institution where they can gain aid in terms of finance, managerial and technical assistance in the attainment of successful business ventures.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The research project is to cover the Industrial Development Center (IDC) Enugu, which falls under the Owerri industrial development center zone.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research work has some literature as regards to time constraint, fiancé dearth of statistical information and secrecy/privacy.
Time Constraints: The researcher did not reach to all information and places necessary for this research work as a result of limited time available for this research work.
Finance: Due to the shortage of financial with the economic hardship, the money needed by the researcher to finance the project was limited.
Dearth of Statistical Tool: This research study was not sufficient due to improper record system of the board. There was also lack of research facilities from the libraries visited many of the textbooks in the library are absolute and current information needed for this research work are not enough.
Secrecy/Privacy: Some of the staff in industrial development center did not reveal of all information needed for this research because of far of losing their jobs.
1.9 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
Entrepreneurial development: is defined as the various programme and incentives provided by governments and non-governmental agencies aimed at training, promoting and encouraging entrepreneurs towards the attainment of maximum returns on any business ventures carried out.
Entrepreneurship: Defined as the willingness and ability of an individual to seek out investment opportunities, establish and run an enterprise successfully.
Entrepreneur: Defined as an individual who is willing and able to take business risks for gainful poses.
Support system: Is defined as organisation or institution designed to give financial, managerial and technical support to small scale business.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT PRACTICES AND OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED FLOUR MILLS COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In recent years, many firms in the world have faced several challenges particularly in inventory ...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF MANAGEMENT CHALLENGES ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF INTERGRATED BUILDING TECHNOLOGY AND SERVICES LTD» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACK GROUND OF THE STUDY Modern man’s aims and aspirations call for unprecedented co operative effort out capacity ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Modern organizations are becoming more complex and the demands for competent, qualified and trainable employees. Apart fr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION A multinational corporation is a company that has subsidiaries in several countries. Their decentralized structure, as we...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study There are evidence to suggest that in many countries there has been an increase in the rise of na...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The exponents of scientific management Taylor (1911), and his followers – maintained that t...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF MULTI-TAXATION ON SURVIVAL OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO SELECTED SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE...» Abstract Small and medium enterprises play a very important role in development of the Nigerian economy. The SMEs sector's importance in the economic ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Training is a key factor in enhancing the efficiency and expertise of the workforce. The Students...Continue Reading »
9. ENTREPRENEURIAL STRATEGIES AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (SMEs) IN OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) have increasingly become a powerful engine for economic growt...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE: A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED ORGANISATIONS IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY:» ABSTRACT This research investigated the impact of training and development on organizational performance mainly in the service industry. The investiga...Continue Reading »