Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The lexicon Webster Dictionary define strategy as a method or plan to achieve some goals. Every business organization is set up with some goals (which is referred to as the organizational goals) in mind. These goals can not be achieved without the employees to carry out various duties towards the achievement of organizational goals.
Fro the employer to get the best from these employees he needs to embark off strategies that would be beneficial in achieving this aim. A very important staff among the work. force is the secretary. The secretary is the image –maker of the organization, in other work, the first impression about the organization is gotten from the secretary and as such she should be very efficient and effective in the discharge of her duties.
An efficient secretary is a pride to her organization, she can represent her boss and take vital decision within the scope of her assigned duties she does her job with less or no assistance from supervisor. Information and correspondence of the office are confidentially handled by the effective secretary.
In general, the effective and efficient secretarial services have a multiplier effect on the corporate performance of organization, Ayawu (1991). Thus it is necessary to identify ways of enhancing their effectiveness.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The continuous improved job performance of workers in general and secretaries in particular is a concern to any organization and NNPC is not exceptional. It is in view of this that this research work is carried out to find out strategies for enhancing secretarial office function in NNPC.
1.3 THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This research work aims at finding out the strategies for enhance effective secretarial office function in NNPC. The study will as well serve in addition the following specific purpose.
1. Finding out the role of management in eliciting the best performance from the secretaries .
2. Finding out the role of the secretaries enhancing her own effective.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The question that will guide this research are;
1. Are there roles of management towards enhancing effective secretarial office function in NNPC warri?
2. Do secretaries have roles to play towards enhancing their secretarial office function
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
1. Ho: Management have no role toward enhancing effective secretarial office functions.
Hi: management have role to play towards enhancing effective secretarial office function
2. Ho: secretaries have no role to play toward enhancing the secretarial office function.
Ho: secretaries have role to play toward enhancing the secretarial office function.
1.6 THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work will enlighten the management on those factors that will promote the effectives and efficient of secretarial office functions it will also be of help to management if the same principle is applied to other worker in order to achieve increased or maximum productivity.
Secretaries will also find this work useful as it highlights the role the secretary is to play to enhance her own secretarial office function.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this project work is limited to NNPC Warri, Delta State. This study is on the strategy for enhancing secretarial office function in NNPC Warri.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In the course of carrying out this project work we encountered some limitation which are.
i. Financial constraints
2. Time limitation
3. Uncooperative attitude of some of the employee
4. Logistic problem
5. Not enough professional to administer questionnaire
6. Restriction of some vital areas in the case study.
1.9 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
a. Strategies: This is define as a method or plan adopted to be applied in other to achieve group goal or objective in an organization.
b. Office: the oxford Advanced learner Dictionary define set of the rooms or building where people work usually sitting at desk and chair
c. Satisfaction: This is define as the good feeling some one have when you achieve a long desired goal or objective.
d. Employee: These are group of individual hired to accomplished tasks in an organization or firm. They from the work force of that particular organization which hired them.
e. Management: The definition of management cannot be over emphasized, although many author has define management according to their various field of discipline for the sake of this research wee would outline only the definition of authors that are relevant to the study.
1. According to C.E.O, Anuku, Management is define as the process of performing those function which are directed toward achieving stated goals and objective of an organization.
ii. According to P.A Omoile, Management is define as the process undertaken by one or more individual to co-ordinate the activities of others to achieve results not achievable by one individual acting alone.
f. Performance: This is define as the act or process of performing a task, an action or getting a job don
g. Function: The oxford Advanced learner Dictionary define it as a special activity or purpose of a person or thing to fulfill.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM IN REVENUE GENERATION IN ORGANIZATION (CASE STUDY OF SOME BANKS IN NIGERIA)» ABSTRACT The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State w...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPORTANCE OF MANAGEMENT IN TRANSPORT INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU TRANSPORT CO-OPERATION ENTRACO)» CHAPTER ONE NTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The nature of management is very familiar to all the of us, must individual use some management sk...Continue Reading »
3. ENTREPRENEURIAL STRATEGIES AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (SMEs) IN OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) have increasingly become a powerful engine for economic growt...Continue Reading »
4. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN NIGERIA’S TELECOMMUNICATION SECTOR A CASE STUDY OF GLOBACOM NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU ZONE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION: BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate Social Responsibility an essentially American phenomenon has over the years become a m...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSOCIATION OF BRAND EQUITY AND CORPORATE PERFROMMANCE OF SOME SELECTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS, IN NIGERIA» SECTION ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Globally, brand equity and corporate performance have in recent years become popular topical issue in both dev...Continue Reading »
6. AN EVALUATION OF THE NATURE AND IMPACT OF BUSINESS ETHICS ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT The research provides an evaluation of the nature and impact of business ethics on organizational performance. It proffers a structural study...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the relationship between information technology and service delivery in tertiary hospitals in Rivers stat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Leadership is a vital element in the social relationship of groups at work. Groups need leaders a...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF OFFICE ENVIRONMENT ON THE MORAL AND PRODUCTIVITY OF SECRETARIES IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In this part of the world a careful observer would agree that it is not uncommon new that that wh...Continue Reading »
10. AN EVALUATION OF PRIVATIZATION PROGRAMME AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOLS FOR ENHANCING PRODUCTIVITY PUBLIC ENTERPRISE IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Privatization of state owned enterprises (SOEs) has become a key component of the structural refo...Continue Reading »