Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 49 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
An exhibition item in the most general sense, is an organized presentation and display of a selection of items. Exhibition may be permanent display or temporary; but in common it is usually scheduled to open and close on specific dates. Many exhibitions are shown in multiple locations and are called travelling exhibition and some are online exhibition.
Soroka (2002) defines packaging as the science, art and technology of enclosing or protecting product for distribution, storage, sale and use. It also refers to the process of design evaluation and production of package.
Package is that material or container that houses a product. This process of making or creating protection for the production is referred to as packaging.
According to Frank (1998) packaging is a coordinated system of preparing foods for transportation, distribution, storage, retailing to end user.
Package is the container or box for the products, while packaging is the process of making or creating container or box for the products to enhance easy transportation, storage and conveyance of necessary information about the product to enhance it future. According to bell (2011) packaging is the science art and technology which comprise a team with creative mind who share the same enthusiasm and determine in developing distinctive package to protect products for distribution, storage and use. An ideal packaging is kind of package that is competent of basic elements or materials needed to produce factors that cannot district the package and as well affect the products.
From the above, it can be been that packaged serve three basic production:
i. Protection of core product,
ii. Enhancing or beautifying the appearance of the product therefore helping to promote the sides
iii. Giving information about the sides
The researcher observed that most products for exhibition in the Department of Printing Technology are not package by the producers and therefore are exposed to climatic and biological hazard which reduce the product quality and life span before such product institution, should be seen to do the right thing at the times in show casing print products for exhibition.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The Department of Printing Technology, Kaduna Polytechnic exhibition items/products are not usually packaged, and therefore they are exposed to climate and biological effects. This reduces the quality and the life span of the product as well as the their values. Losing the quality and life span of exhibition items can create problem in attaining the set goals the exhibition was initially set to achieve. A quality item/product well printed for exhibition can turn out poorly at exhibition ground, simply because it has lost its quality due to lack of package. Therefore this research work is aimed at looking at the proper ways of packaging that would help to maintain the quality of exhibition items in the Department of Printing Technology.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The general purpose of this study evaluating the essence of packaging in safeguarding exhibition item in the Department of Printing Technology, Kaduna Polytechnic, Specifically, the study was set:
i. To identify the factors that can down grade exhibition items in the Department of Printing Technology.
ii. To determine the types of safeguards exhibition items require in the Department of Printing Technology.
iii. To explore the important roles packaging plays in safeguarding exhibition items in the Department of Printing Technology.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The study brings to light the importance of packaging in safeguarding exhibition items in the Department of Printing Technology. The Department of Printing Technology, the students and the prospective readers will benefit from the study. To the Department of Printing Technology, the study will highlight how proper packaging of exhibition items will help in maintaining the long life of the exhibited products. To the students in the department, it will be a source if literature and will help in throwing more light into the importance of packaging. The study will as well highlight the necessary skills needed to the acquired in producing error free product. To the general publisher, the product will be able to fulfill its intended purpose and gain general acceptance in the sight of the print buyer/window shoppers. Satisfying the public will result in promoting market or sales of the product to the general public.
1.5 Research Question
This study provide answer to the following questions
i. What are the factors that can down grade exhibition items in the Department Printing Technology?
ii. What types of safeguards exhibition items require in the Department of Printing Technology?
iii. What are the important roles packaging plays in safeguarding exhibition items in the Department of Printing Technology?
1.6 Delimitation of the Study
This research work will look at exhibition items in the Department of Printing Technology, find ways of safe guarding them from loosing form or shape. Items like brown, writing materials and other will be specifically packaged in the study to serve as the federal safeguards needed for exhibition items.
1.7 Definition of Term
1. Post Press: A production unit of the printing industry emperies that does work on printed sheet to bring the printed job to final form for the consumer
2. Packaging:- A outer sheet of a product for the purpose of selling
3. Presensitized Plate:- This is a plastic or aluminum surface that is use as image career in offset lithography press.
4. Die- Culting: This is metal working process which cut steel or printing material into various shape.
5. Preparation: This simply means a process whereby a printed materials is giving a cut at some edge for easy opening
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study examined the effect of wages and salary administration employee’s attitude in organizations using First bank PLC as case stu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Plant maintenance is the comprehensive management of machineries and fool in a factory. This coul...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In an era of limited resources, governments at all levels are pressured to produce maximum output with the least input. A...Continue Reading »
4. AN EVALUATION OF THE ROLE OF INDUSTRIAL UNION IN MANAGING EMPLOYEE GRIEVANCES IN THE ORGANISATION. A CASE STUDY OF ABIA STATE CIVIL SERVICE» ABSTRACT The research profers an evaluation of the role of industrial union in managing Employee grievances in the organization. It elucidates on the ...Continue Reading »
5. REWARDS AND EMPLOYEES’ JOB SATISFACTION OF SELECTED OUTSOURCED SERVICE PROVIDERS IN JOS, PLATEAU STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The human resources of every organization have been identified as the most important assets of tha...Continue Reading »
6. THE MEDIATING EFFECT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL OWNERSHIP ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SERVANT LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATIONAL CITIZENSHIP BEHAVIORS IN KANO, NIGER...» ABSTRACT This study examines the determinants of employee organizational citizenship behaviors (OCBs) among low and middle level employees of utility ...Continue Reading »
7. LEADERSHIP AND MOTIVATION AS ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR ORGANISATIONAL GROWTH AND EXPANSION ( A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK PLC, ABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The most important human activity is leadership questions and motivation, ever since people began...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to examine banks, on investments and performance appraisal. It was also to ascertain the problems of using fina...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research proffer an evaluation of group behavior for organizational and effectiveness and efficiency. It elucidates on the nature of grou...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE RISK MANAGEMENT ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF MICROFINANCE INSTITUTIONS IN KENYA» ABSTRACT Foreign exchange risk management is complex and requires a thorough understanding of the MFI’s business needs, its internal and externa...Continue Reading »