Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 79 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This research thesis is about the impact of leadership style and employees performance in the organization. The objective of this research work is to create knowledge about the relationship that exists between leadership styles and employees performance in the organization. Descriptive research method is adopted and data were collected through questionnaire. The major activity of this thesis were directed by the hypothesis formulated in chapter one. The findings of this study pointed out that a serious relationship exists between leadership style and employees performance in the organization. Also that most of the employees in APACO Foam are satisfied with the leadership style that exists in their organization because they were paid promptly and incentives are always given to them as bonuses. The conclusion of this study, from the findings shows that leadership style is one of the several factors that affect employees’ performance in the organization. The following recommendations are made by the researcher. There should be training for manager and employees on some principles that are very important for effective productivity. And also those employees should be effectively motivated. Management should also create enabling environment and rules for both leaders and subordinates to carry out activities together as this will give all employee sense of belonging.
1.1 CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK
The conceptual framework for this study is done from management and organizational behaviour theory.
The focus of this study is on leadership styles and their impact on employees’ performance. Leadership is a function of management leadership styles has their effect on group within an organization. Leadership is the process of initiating group activities toward goal setting and goal attainment.
1.2 BACKGROUND OF RESEARCH STUDY
This research study is on leadership style and employees’ performance. Leadership style is important in an organization, and leading a group is not easy because they can resist leadership.
During the last few decades hundred of laboratory and field studies were conducted to investigate the nature of leadership styles that exists in organizations. Example Ohia state university, Michigan University, managerial grid, etc.
Leadership style indicates the pattern and behaviours adopted by the leader during the process of directing and influencing the group member. The choice of a good leadership
style can be said to be determined by many variables amongst which are the leaders motivational structure, good interpersonal relationship or location of decision making function, whether simple or complex effects the systoles to be used.
1.3 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The statement of problem in this study is to investigate leadership style and employees’ performance; the knowledge gain from this study, recommendation shall be made on how to improve leadership ability in the organization.
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The following are the objective of the study;
(a) To describe pattern of leadership styles in organization
(b) To find out the perception of employee on leadership style
(c) To investigate if leadership styles have any relationship with employee performance
(d) To find out if leadership style improve organizational performance
(e) To make recommendation on how to improve leadership ability in the organization.
1.5 HYPOTHESES FOR THE STUDY
There is no relationship between Democratic or Supportive leadership style and the employee performance.
There is no relationship between autocratic or task related leadership style and employees performance.
There is no relationship between great man leadership style and employees performance.
There is no relationship between leadership style and organizational performance.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this research work are as follows:
(a) It will provide guideline to improve relationship between leaders and subordinates.
(b) It will put an end to the misconception that organization’s success has no bearing or relationship with leadership styles.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING AND ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY: A STUDY OF NATIONAL WATER RESOURCES INSTITUTE KADUNA, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study The concept of Human Resource Planning in any organization is an issue which deserves attention b...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION IN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREA IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study is a modest attempt at a lucid explication of the role of local government in Nigeria....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of Study Inequalities in the standard of living between geographical areas and the incidence of poverty are co...Continue Reading »
4. AN EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF SUPERVISION AND CONTROL OF THE CENTRAL BANK ON THE PERFORMANCE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS» ABSTRACT This research project tends to evaluate the impact of supervision and control of the Central Bank on the performance of commercial banks. Acc...Continue Reading »
5. THE RELEVANCE OF EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF WORK STRESS ON EMPLOYEES JOB PERFORMANCE USING UNITY BANK PLC» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Stress is a part of life. We cannot banish it entirely form our lives on this earth. It comes upo...Continue Reading »
» Background to the Study An organization may be profit oriented or non profit oriented. The fact remains that every organization is made up of four bas...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED COMPANIES IN U...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The government of any independent country has the constitutional power to formulate policies and make laws for the good o...Continue Reading »
8. EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP AND JOB SATISFACTION IN SELECTED PUBLIC SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS IN OYO STATE.» ABSTRACTThe aim of this study was to examine the impact of tax revenue collected by federal government on the economic growth of Nigeria, while lookin...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY In any developing economy, the government is the main initiator and promoter economic development, especially in N...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0. INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND It is clear that motivation is one of the factors which urges workers to work efficiently and effectivel...Continue Reading »