Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 87 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study is focused on the impact of employee motivation on organizational productivity.(A Case Study of PHCN Okpara Avenue). The population of the study was 96, the sample used is 83. The primary data were collected through the instrument of questionnaire, interviews and observation. The secondary data were collected from textbooks, journals, magazines, newspapers and libraries. The researcher find out that employee can improve their performance if they are motivated in the workplace. Also identify how productivity can be improved through effective and efficient motivation. The researcher recommended that there is relationship between motivation and performance in the organization. Money is a motivator and also influences the worker in the organization. Management style also has effect on the employee’s performance. In conclusion organization that intend to grow must attain and maintain a high level of employee motivation in the organization
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
There is probably no concept more important than motivation, in the study of employee’s behavior in many organization. A manager may consider motivation as an inducement (financial or otherwise) given to the employees to ginger them to work more. By this measure, organization goals and objectives are achieved. On the other hand, employees usually associate motivation with some monetary values.
Motivation is a pervasive function that cuts across all aspect of employee’s development. It is often discussed by people in any organization. Management cannot operate in isolation of their employees because they are human beings and not machines or tools which are utilize recklessly or in a rough manner.
In today’s economy, employers have gone beyond being just employers because of their interest in the management of employee’s productivity. Most business personnel have realize more than ever before that their
organizational set goals and objectivities cannot be achieved if their employee do not perform as much as expected. This is the reason for much concentration of effort on the concept of motivation which is concerned with encouraging workers or employees to attain to the best of their ability.
Human resources, both in private or public sector are the most assets essential in any given organization, hence must be handled with care. Motivation of the employee is the areas management should concern in other to ensure the realization of the planned goals and objective of their organization.
People go to work in organization not for the sake of work itself but with the aim of achieving their individual objective. It then follows that the key of motivation is the satisfaction of needs. A worker will be motivated if he feels his organization is helping him to satisfy needs to a reasonable extent. In view of the fact that needs are sophisticated in nature, there has been a growing importance to understand these needs by some behavioral scientists. Thus, we have a lot of motivational theories like those
propounded by Abraham Maslow, Vroom, Fredrick Herzberg to mention but a few.
The needs of people are in a continuum; sometimes it could be intrinsic or extrinsic. An individual’s need, at any particular times depends on the value he places on it at that time and most times it goes hand in hand with societal values. So, different people would want and need different things in different situation and at different times. (Drucker 1974:120)
In Nigerian, a critical analysis of many enterprises would reveal that both the intrinsic and extrinsic reward for work is neglected. This problem rears its ugly head mostly in public institution like in Power Holding Company of Nigerian Enugu state.
In this age and time when every nation is striving to be on top of others technologically, politically and economically, the problem of motivation cannot be over emphasized and should not be trampled under the fact , as the will to do” is an essential ingredient of a labor force.
Management is best understood from a resource base perspective. All organization use four base kinds of inputs or resources from their environment, human, finance, materials and information resources. Management is responsible for cobbling and coordinating resources to achieve the organizational functions or activities, planning and decision making, organizing, leading and controlling.
There is a range of motivational techniques that can be used to improve productivity, reduce workforce stress and increase self confidence. Some managers believe that they can achieve result from teams by using coercing methods.
However these factors can indeed produce result, the effect will probably be much more short term and will mean that staffs are forces on achieving business objectives but rather on simply keeping their jobs.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The growth and development of any economy cannot be meaningful and complete if the power sector is not well footed in terms of productivity, growth and profitability.
Over the years, the poor performance of the power sector in Nigeria has been a matter of concern and debate among academics, writers, government officials and members of the public. The reason for this trend as well as the apportionment of the blame has formed the basis for a controversy. it is increasingly being realized by workers, economists and government as well as customers that the problems plaguing the country’s power sector lies in the negative attitude to work, lack of dedication and indolence among employees. it has been observed that the Nigerian employee lacks a feeling of responsibility to his job and pride in doing his work well.
The work situation in the power sector like Power Holding Company Of Nigeria is characterized by low productivity and lack of dedication. This has adversely affected the power sector in the country, the results of such
negative orientations are the indiscriminate loss of vital records that could have been stored, and poor decision made due to lack of accurate information which goes a long way to affect negatively to the workers.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1) To examine and know the impact of motivation on employee productivity
2) To investigate how motivation as a management skill help in enhancing productivity
3) To ascertain the various motivational benefits available in Power Holding Company of Nigeria Enugu and their relationship with the productivity of the employees
4) To find out whether any of the benefits formally enjoyed by the employees in Power Holding Company of Nigeria Enugu has been
withdrawn. If s` o, what is the effect on the dedication and loyalty of the employees?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF OFFICE ENVIRONMENT ON THE MORAL AND PRODUCTIVITY OF SECRETARIES IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In this part of the world a careful observer would agree that it is not uncommon new that that wh...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Today, work life balance has become an increasingly pervasive concern to both employers and employees of most organisati...Continue Reading »
3. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF BRITISH-CURRICULUM ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The deplorable state of public schools in Nigeria has given rise to the preference for private ed...Continue Reading »
4. ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS REQUIRED BY AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION STUDENTS FOR ENTRY INTO OIL PALM PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE IN EBONYI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Oil palm production has various enterprises that require activities of an entrepreneur. An entreprene...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The introduction of universal banking law has brought changes over the years, with it stiff competition in the banking industry. Commercial b...Continue Reading »
6. INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM: A necessity to the survival and growth of public organization (A case study of power holding company of Nigeria, Enugu)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY According to Oxford Learners Dictionary, Organization can be said to be a group of people who for...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research provides an appraisal of the role of the auditor in the achievement of organization objective.It analyses the auditing function ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The goal or desire of any nation is to achieve its economic growth and development. For the Niger...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSING WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT ON THE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCES (A CASE STUDY OF SUNGLASS KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study No matter the amount of money spent on equipment, plant and machinery, building etc. if the ingre...Continue Reading »
10. ANALYSIS OF CORPORATE LEADERSHIP AND EMPLOYEE EMPOWERMENT IN SELECTED NIGERIAN BANKS. (A STUDY OF DIAMOND BANK PLC, ECOBANK PLC, UNION BANK PLC, IN E...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Leadership is a subject that has long excited interest among scholars and managers of men and res...Continue Reading »