Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 87 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study is focused on the impact of employee motivation on organizational productivity.(A Case Study of PHCN Okpara Avenue). The population of the study was 96, the sample used is 83. The primary data were collected through the instrument of questionnaire, interviews and observation. The secondary data were collected from textbooks, journals, magazines, newspapers and libraries. The researcher find out that employee can improve their performance if they are motivated in the workplace. Also identify how productivity can be improved through effective and efficient motivation. The researcher recommended that there is relationship between motivation and performance in the organization. Money is a motivator and also influences the worker in the organization. Management style also has effect on the employee’s performance. In conclusion organization that intend to grow must attain and maintain a high level of employee motivation in the organization
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
There is probably no concept more important than motivation, in the study of employee’s behavior in many organization. A manager may consider motivation as an inducement (financial or otherwise) given to the employees to ginger them to work more. By this measure, organization goals and objectives are achieved. On the other hand, employees usually associate motivation with some monetary values.
Motivation is a pervasive function that cuts across all aspect of employee’s development. It is often discussed by people in any organization. Management cannot operate in isolation of their employees because they are human beings and not machines or tools which are utilize recklessly or in a rough manner.
In today’s economy, employers have gone beyond being just employers because of their interest in the management of employee’s productivity. Most business personnel have realize more than ever before that their
organizational set goals and objectivities cannot be achieved if their employee do not perform as much as expected. This is the reason for much concentration of effort on the concept of motivation which is concerned with encouraging workers or employees to attain to the best of their ability.
Human resources, both in private or public sector are the most assets essential in any given organization, hence must be handled with care. Motivation of the employee is the areas management should concern in other to ensure the realization of the planned goals and objective of their organization.
People go to work in organization not for the sake of work itself but with the aim of achieving their individual objective. It then follows that the key of motivation is the satisfaction of needs. A worker will be motivated if he feels his organization is helping him to satisfy needs to a reasonable extent. In view of the fact that needs are sophisticated in nature, there has been a growing importance to understand these needs by some behavioral scientists. Thus, we have a lot of motivational theories like those
propounded by Abraham Maslow, Vroom, Fredrick Herzberg to mention but a few.
The needs of people are in a continuum; sometimes it could be intrinsic or extrinsic. An individual’s need, at any particular times depends on the value he places on it at that time and most times it goes hand in hand with societal values. So, different people would want and need different things in different situation and at different times. (Drucker 1974:120)
In Nigerian, a critical analysis of many enterprises would reveal that both the intrinsic and extrinsic reward for work is neglected. This problem rears its ugly head mostly in public institution like in Power Holding Company of Nigerian Enugu state.
In this age and time when every nation is striving to be on top of others technologically, politically and economically, the problem of motivation cannot be over emphasized and should not be trampled under the fact , as the will to do” is an essential ingredient of a labor force.
Management is best understood from a resource base perspective. All organization use four base kinds of inputs or resources from their environment, human, finance, materials and information resources. Management is responsible for cobbling and coordinating resources to achieve the organizational functions or activities, planning and decision making, organizing, leading and controlling.
There is a range of motivational techniques that can be used to improve productivity, reduce workforce stress and increase self confidence. Some managers believe that they can achieve result from teams by using coercing methods.
However these factors can indeed produce result, the effect will probably be much more short term and will mean that staffs are forces on achieving business objectives but rather on simply keeping their jobs.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The growth and development of any economy cannot be meaningful and complete if the power sector is not well footed in terms of productivity, growth and profitability.
Over the years, the poor performance of the power sector in Nigeria has been a matter of concern and debate among academics, writers, government officials and members of the public. The reason for this trend as well as the apportionment of the blame has formed the basis for a controversy. it is increasingly being realized by workers, economists and government as well as customers that the problems plaguing the country’s power sector lies in the negative attitude to work, lack of dedication and indolence among employees. it has been observed that the Nigerian employee lacks a feeling of responsibility to his job and pride in doing his work well.
The work situation in the power sector like Power Holding Company Of Nigeria is characterized by low productivity and lack of dedication. This has adversely affected the power sector in the country, the results of such
negative orientations are the indiscriminate loss of vital records that could have been stored, and poor decision made due to lack of accurate information which goes a long way to affect negatively to the workers.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1) To examine and know the impact of motivation on employee productivity
2) To investigate how motivation as a management skill help in enhancing productivity
3) To ascertain the various motivational benefits available in Power Holding Company of Nigeria Enugu and their relationship with the productivity of the employees
4) To find out whether any of the benefits formally enjoyed by the employees in Power Holding Company of Nigeria Enugu has been
withdrawn. If s` o, what is the effect on the dedication and loyalty of the employees?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY Entrepreneurship has to do with activities of individual persons. The concept of economic growth is relev...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In recent times, managers and management researchers have long believed that organizational goals...Continue Reading »
3. THE INFLUENCE OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT EFFECTIVENESS ON ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF PRODUCTIVITY IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Conflict in an organization is a state of discord by the actual and opposing power which arise fr...Continue Reading »
4. AN APPRAISAL OF SUCCESS CRITERIA FOR ENTREPRENUESHIP BUSINESS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF JULI SUPERMARKET LAGOS)» ABSTRACT The study proffers an appraisal of success criteria for entrepreneurship business in Nigeria.Entrepreneurship is The capacity and willingness...Continue Reading »
5. CHALLENGES FACED BY CREDIT OFFICERS ON CREDIT PROVISION IN VILLAGE BANKING IN TANZANIA: A CASE OF FINCA Microfinance Bank IN MWANZA CITY» ABSTRACT Challenges faced by credit officers on credit provision in village banking from FINCA Microfinance Bank was considered. FINCA Microfinance Ba...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Environmentalism has fast emerged as a worldwide phenomenon, leading business firms to be part of the phenomenon by practicing green marketin...Continue Reading »
7. CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION (NBC) IN CONTROLLING THE PERFORMANCE OF BROADCAST INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study tilted the critical appraisal of the role of NBC in controlling the performance of the broadcast station in Nigeria. Total questio...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE IN ENTERPRISE SUCCESS (A CASE STUDY OF ACCESS BANK PLC, AKA ROAD, UYO)» ABSTRACT Philosophically corporate governance is the mission, vision and objective of an organization. Organizational governance/culture has been stud...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Traditional budgeting has been criticized for a long time now for its inadequacy as a means of ma...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECT OF COMMUNICATION ON ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (A Study of Power Holding company of Nigeria [PHCN])» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Employee of whatever status needs to participate in the coordination of resource of the organizat...Continue Reading »