Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
2.1. REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Taxation is one of the major fiscal policies the government of any nation such as Nigeria can use to achieve economic stability and in the financing of capital expenditure. Various taxes are levied upon the income, wealth or gain of an individual, family and business firm by the government for the purpose or benefits of the general public.
Tax by a simple definition is a financial charge or other levy imposted upon a tax payer which could be an individual or a legal entity from the point of view of the student researcher by a state such that failure to pay is punishable by law. Thus, taxation cannot be regarded as a voluntary payment or donation but an enforced contribution exacted pursuant to legislative authority. In modern taxation system such as Nigeria, taxes are levied, in money which could be use for myriads of functions or purpose such ay a expenditure on public order, protection of lives and property, economic infrastructure cures such as roads, public works, social engineering and the operation of government itself (Carrol, et al 2000).
The taxes collected by the government no doubt emanate from varying sources ranging from personal income tax, company income tax, capital gain tax, property tax, education, tax, task but to list a few.
The Nigerian government in attempt to raise revenue and enhance the economic development of Nigeria has subjected many firms to multiple taxations which they are mandated or made compulsory to pay irrespective of the sector the business firms operate or else take the wrath of the law A survey carried out by the Manufacturers Association of Nigerian (MAN1) and (Centre for International Private Enterprise ICIPE) identified multiple taxation as the bane of private sector business growth in Nigeria (Anyamvu, 2012). The survey established the relationship between multiple taxations in the pilot state across the three tiers of government and re-affirmed its negative effects to private sector growth and businesses in Nigeria.
According to the survey, it was established that multiple taxation could lead to divestment as well as jeopardize foreign direct investment coming into Nigeria, while adversely affecting the Competitions of
existing businesses and their survival, Moreover it was also established that currently most businesses in Nigeria consider the tax environment as unfriendly and disincentive to business, stressing that it engenders loss of man hour to both the government and private businesses.
According to Osagie (2012) tax environment inNigeria especially the policy on multiple taxation increases the cost of doing business in the country. As a matter of fact, some business including manufacturing companies have shut down production while in some cases, have relocated their factories to other West African countries which are considered to be more investment friendly. Against this back drop, this project examines the effects of multiple taxation on business survival in Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN APPRAISAL OF MATERIAL MANAGEMENT CONCEPT AS A STRATEGY FOR ACHIEVING HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY IN NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Need for Appraisal of Material Management Concepts as a strategy for achieving higher product...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Strategic management planning has been found to be necessary if organizations are to succeed and perform. This study set out to investigate s...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES ON THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF HARDIS AND DROMEDAS IN EMENE, ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Experience has show that development countries in the world like USA, Canada, Germany, Spain and ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research examined entrepreneurship education as a veritable tool for youth empowerment in Nigeria. As the nation is presently experienci...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Small scale industries play a vital role in the Material welfare of many nations today’s es...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Policy is defined in the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary as a definite course or method of acti...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF BANK RECAPITALIZATION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) play a vital role in the development of national economy. Due...Continue Reading »
8. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU EAST SENATORIAL ZONE» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study is to identify the problems and prospects of small and medium enterprise in Enugu East Senatorial Zone. To do ...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN FINANCING SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO PROBLEM The successive development plans of Nigeria have laid emphasis on the attainment of self reliance. ...Continue Reading »
10. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE IMPORTANCE OF ETHICS AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF A BUSINESS ORGANISATION ( A CASE STUDY OF NICON INSURANCE CORPORATION EN...» ABSTRACT This study found out the importance of Ethics and social responsibility in a business organization, to be precise the NICON Insurance co oper...Continue Reading »