Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the study
Performance of a corporation whether profit or non-profit making is of great importance as it
serves as an indicator of a healthy economy of a nation (Almajali, Alamro & Al-Soub, 2012).
According to Iswatia and Anshoria (2007), performance is the function of the ability of an
organisation to gain and manage its resources in several ways to develop competitive
advantage. The performance of Primary Mortgage Banks (PMBs) in the economy is usually
of major concern to most governments, because PMBs play a significant role in the mortgage
sector by serving as the primary lenders in the sector. The sector’s contribution to Gross
Domestic Product (GDP) stood at 0.5 percent (Kumo, 2014). Furthermore, stakeholders in the
housing finance sector are of the view that the sector can contribute up to 10 percent of GDP
if more attention is given to mortgage market (Azuh, 2013).
Primary Mortgage Banks (PMBs) are licensed by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and
Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN) to operate as a mortgage outfit that will
collect deposit and support individuals and corporations in meeting their housing needs
(CBN, 2007). In addition, it serves as financial intermediaries in housing finance sector.
These banks operate under the coffers of the National Housing Fund (NHF). NHF (now
National Housing Trust Fund) was promulgated by Decree No.3 of 1992, and conferred
with the responsibility of facilitating the constant flow of low cost funds for long term
investment on housing, to nurture and maintain a stable base for affordable housing
finance and to provide incentives for the capital market to invest in property development
(Latinwo, 2002 and Sanusi, 2003). According to Adedokun, Akinradewo, Adegoke and
Abiola-Falemu (2011), it is in recognition of finance in housing delivery that warrants the
setting of PMBs to facilitate the delivery, being the sole intermediary between the FMBN
(apex lending institution in housing matters) and the mortgagors in disbursing the
proceeds of NHTF.
Housing plays a pivotal role in growth and national development as it directly affects not
only the well-being of the citizenry, but also the performance of other sectors of the economy
(Adedeji, 2005). Housing has been universally accepted as the second most important
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In every organization irrespective of its size, ownership, structure, impact of ration analysis o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Recruitment and Selection is a vital process for every successful organization because having the...Continue Reading »
3. PROMOTION OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF OKEHI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT This study “Promotion of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the development of Okehi LGA, Kogi State was undertaken to find out the...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECTS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE STRATEGIES ON CORPORATE PERFORMANCE IN GHANAIAN BANKS: A CASE STUDY OF BARCLAYS BANK GHANA LIMITED (ASAFO BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Globalised competition has stressed the strategic importance of satisfaction, quality and consequ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the Study The secretary’s work is based on human relations to a very large extent. Almost every task ...Continue Reading »
» ORGANIZATION CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Decision making is defined as the process of selecting among alternatives. Decision ...Continue Reading »
7. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT PRACTICE AND PERFORMANCE OF SMEs IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SMEs IN EKET LGA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Small firms play vital roles in the process of industrialization, sustainable economic growth (Ar...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Goals indicate what an organization wants to achieve, strategic planning is a game plan for getti...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL LITERACY ON THE PROFITABILITY OF SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY, CROSS RIVER STATE» ABSTRACT The focus of this research is on the impact of financial literacy on the profitability of some small scale enterprises in Calabar Municipalit...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF TEAM WORK ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF DIAMOND BANK PLC. UDO UDOMA BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Participation of employees in decision making is a process of management by objective (MBO) that ...Continue Reading »