Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the study
Performance of a corporation whether profit or non-profit making is of great importance as it
serves as an indicator of a healthy economy of a nation (Almajali, Alamro & Al-Soub, 2012).
According to Iswatia and Anshoria (2007), performance is the function of the ability of an
organisation to gain and manage its resources in several ways to develop competitive
advantage. The performance of Primary Mortgage Banks (PMBs) in the economy is usually
of major concern to most governments, because PMBs play a significant role in the mortgage
sector by serving as the primary lenders in the sector. The sector’s contribution to Gross
Domestic Product (GDP) stood at 0.5 percent (Kumo, 2014). Furthermore, stakeholders in the
housing finance sector are of the view that the sector can contribute up to 10 percent of GDP
if more attention is given to mortgage market (Azuh, 2013).
Primary Mortgage Banks (PMBs) are licensed by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and
Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN) to operate as a mortgage outfit that will
collect deposit and support individuals and corporations in meeting their housing needs
(CBN, 2007). In addition, it serves as financial intermediaries in housing finance sector.
These banks operate under the coffers of the National Housing Fund (NHF). NHF (now
National Housing Trust Fund) was promulgated by Decree No.3 of 1992, and conferred
with the responsibility of facilitating the constant flow of low cost funds for long term
investment on housing, to nurture and maintain a stable base for affordable housing
finance and to provide incentives for the capital market to invest in property development
(Latinwo, 2002 and Sanusi, 2003). According to Adedokun, Akinradewo, Adegoke and
Abiola-Falemu (2011), it is in recognition of finance in housing delivery that warrants the
setting of PMBs to facilitate the delivery, being the sole intermediary between the FMBN
(apex lending institution in housing matters) and the mortgagors in disbursing the
proceeds of NHTF.
Housing plays a pivotal role in growth and national development as it directly affects not
only the well-being of the citizenry, but also the performance of other sectors of the economy
(Adedeji, 2005). Housing has been universally accepted as the second most important
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMPENSATION MANAGEMENT AND EMPLOYEE’S PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC SECTOR, NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF JOS)» Abstract Compensation is the reward workers receive for their service or contribution to the organisation. A literature reviewed showed that compensat...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 177 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» TABLE OF CONTENT Content Page Title page i Certification ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Abstract vii Table of content viii CHAPTER...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 218 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
3. THE INFLUENCE OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT EFFECTIVENESS ON ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF PRODUCTIVITY IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Conflict in an organization is a state of discord by the actual and opposing power which arise fr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT This study examined the effect of wages and salary administration employee’s attitude in organizations using First bank PLC as case stu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 6 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
5. THE IMPACT OF CASH MANAGEMENT ON THE PROFITABILITY OF MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN NIGERIA (A case study of Dangote cement Plc. Gboko)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Cash management is essential to every business that desires to meet up with its short term financ...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 433 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACTWhen the economic fortune of the organization of petroleum exporting countries (OPEC) nations suffered a tragic experience due to the sudden f...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 202 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 OVERVIEW Corporate performance management is the area of business intelligence involved with monitoring and managing an organizations ...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 286 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Internal control has played a major role in risk management especially in the banking industry in Nigeria. According to B...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 327 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF LOAN DEFAULTS AND ITS IMPACTS ON PROFITABILITY IN ECO BANK PLC LEVENTIS ROUNDABOUT BY AHMADU BELLO WAY, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Attempts to explain the operation of commercial banks began with the inception of banking institu...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 529 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION This chapter defined the meaning of financial institution, how they perform their function on the small scale industries ...Continue Reading »
37 pages | 393 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION