Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the study
Performance of a corporation whether profit or non-profit making is of great importance as it
serves as an indicator of a healthy economy of a nation (Almajali, Alamro & Al-Soub, 2012).
According to Iswatia and Anshoria (2007), performance is the function of the ability of an
organisation to gain and manage its resources in several ways to develop competitive
advantage. The performance of Primary Mortgage Banks (PMBs) in the economy is usually
of major concern to most governments, because PMBs play a significant role in the mortgage
sector by serving as the primary lenders in the sector. The sector’s contribution to Gross
Domestic Product (GDP) stood at 0.5 percent (Kumo, 2014). Furthermore, stakeholders in the
housing finance sector are of the view that the sector can contribute up to 10 percent of GDP
if more attention is given to mortgage market (Azuh, 2013).
Primary Mortgage Banks (PMBs) are licensed by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and
Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN) to operate as a mortgage outfit that will
collect deposit and support individuals and corporations in meeting their housing needs
(CBN, 2007). In addition, it serves as financial intermediaries in housing finance sector.
These banks operate under the coffers of the National Housing Fund (NHF). NHF (now
National Housing Trust Fund) was promulgated by Decree No.3 of 1992, and conferred
with the responsibility of facilitating the constant flow of low cost funds for long term
investment on housing, to nurture and maintain a stable base for affordable housing
finance and to provide incentives for the capital market to invest in property development
(Latinwo, 2002 and Sanusi, 2003). According to Adedokun, Akinradewo, Adegoke and
Abiola-Falemu (2011), it is in recognition of finance in housing delivery that warrants the
setting of PMBs to facilitate the delivery, being the sole intermediary between the FMBN
(apex lending institution in housing matters) and the mortgagors in disbursing the
proceeds of NHTF.
Housing plays a pivotal role in growth and national development as it directly affects not
only the well-being of the citizenry, but also the performance of other sectors of the economy
(Adedeji, 2005). Housing has been universally accepted as the second most important
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This work is a study of organizational communication and job satisfaction in Akwa Ibom Newspaper Corporation (AKNC), Uyo. The work sets out t...Continue Reading »
2. THE PROCEDURES AND WAYS OF PAYMENT OF PENSION AND GRATITUITY TO RETIRE CIVIL SERVANT IN ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The administration of pension scheme is not a contemporary phenomenal or practice. Memorably, it ...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE PLC ASABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate social responsibility is one vital aspect of any business. However, this is one area w...Continue Reading »
4. AN APPRAISAL OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF CUSTOMER CARE SERVICES IN GOVERNMENT OWNED BROADCASTING STATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Customers are the reason why any business exist be it service or manufacturing business. This is ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The impact of financial reporting on the corporate performance of a business organization is beco...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF MANAGEMENT INCENTIVE POLICIES ON WORKER’S PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE CEMENT FACTORY, OBAJANA, KOGI STATE.)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An incentive is a form of financial encouragement recognizing a particular contribution made by the work force, in other ...Continue Reading »
7. PROMOTION OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF OKEHI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT This study “Promotion of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the development of Okehi LGA, Kogi State was undertaken to find out the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is the responsibility of managers to mange, and to achieve results through the efforts of othe...Continue Reading »
9. AN EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF SUPERVISION AND CONTROL OF THE CENTRAL BANK ON THE PERFORMANCE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS» ABSTRACT This research project tends to evaluate the impact of supervision and control of the Central Bank on the performance of commercial banks. Acc...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The focus of this study is on “Impacts of small business enterprises on employment creation in Lagos State. Small Business Enterprises are ...Continue Reading »