Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 105 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The main aim of this research work is to investigate the relationship of the two types of rewards namely financial rewards and non-financial rewards towards employees motivation. The research work was restricted towards manufacturing company that is, West African Portland Cement. Based on the past literature, it is found that financial rewards or money has become the main motivator for employees performance in an organization. Traditionally, little thought has been given to the impact of non-financial rewards as it does not hold any immediate monetary value to the employees. However, in the context of heightened awareness among employers and employees, there has been greater emphasis on non-financial rewards, such as praise and recognition as it holds a deep and greater impact to the employees especially in the long run. This work defines the nature of financial and non financial rewards on employees motivation. By undertaking a comparison between the financial and non-financial rewards, the outcome of this paper provides vital information for organizations to structure a better rewards plan for their employees.
1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION
It is obvious that financial and non financial motivation of employees in an organization is very essential because it aids the performance evaluation of employees in various department section etc and also assist managers to know why worker behave in certain ways and really motivate them to perform well at work place.
Motivating the personnel of an organization to make minimum effort towards the attainment of its objectives has along occupied the mind of managers from the managing directors to the invest ranking supervisors. Managers should be aware of the fact that people of the same organization work for different reasons for example, if a manger looks at a group of workers performing the same job for some time he cannot observe that some workers perform better than others. In explaining this two variables come to mind immediately, one is the difference in degree of skill and ability displayed by individual works, the other variables can be describe as motivation therefore, to guide workers activities in the described direction, it is important for managers to know why workers behave in certain ways and what really motivate them to perform well at work place.
In an industrial organization, the importance of incentives cannot be over emphasized. Incentives are intended to stimulate the desire to work, they are eternal factors or condition brought to bear on individual to induce him to the right attitude to work. The order of an extra reward can be used in other to achieve minimum efficiency among workers. An adequate financial fair wages and salaries is further emphasized by the fact that they are reckoned in monetary terms. Financial uncreative is inform of increase in pay or bonus and also special holiday pay. Management must also give consideration to the environment in which the worker performs their works. They should be an atmosphere of co-operation and trust between the various works at all level. The proper display of equipment and proper lightening will ensure a smooth performance of the job. In addition the leader can be a motivator for his group, this depends on the quality of the relationship between him and group members. All groups as they begin to work together are highly dependent on the authority of the leader. A leader needs to be sensitive to the rule of group standard and their far reaching influence on efficiency and productivity for leadership to affects motivation, it must conform and identify group standard. The value of an incentive is the extent to which the workers responds by contributing to the best of his ability to the company’s success.
Finally, recognition of the effort of the workers is also important. All employees like to feel that their efforts are appreciated, particularly if some improvement is achieved. When the work become monotonous in nature, it militate against a positive attitudes by workers to the job. Job satisfaction can be improved by simple expedient of making the work more interesting and requiring a greater application of thought skill. This can be done by increasing the job content. The other method will be extend to the range of tax that has to be performed by individual workers.
1.1 Background of the Study
West African Portland Cement Plc was created in 1833 presently Lafarge cement Nigeria plc (WAPCO) was established in 1960 with its first factory in Ewekoro, Ogun state. The second factory in Sagamu, also in Ogun state was established in 1978. The company commenced production with an initial capacity of 200,000 tons per annum, but later grew with demand to about 1.5million tones per annum. This has led to an increase in the company capacity by over 1 million tons per annum.
The company has consistently won the Nigerian industrial standard (NIS) certificate for a quality product. The company was listed on the Nigeria stock exchange on February 16, 1979. In February 2008, the name West African Portland Cement plc was changed to Lafarge Cement WAPCO Nigeria plc, to reflect the rebirth of the company as part of an international organization, strategically positioned for greater heights.
WAPCO is the leader in building materials and hole top-ranking positions in all of its businesses such as cement, aggregates, concrete and gypsum, with more than 84,000 employees in 70 countries. WAPCO businesses are truely fundamental; it extracts mineral resources from the earth and transformed them into major construction materials. Their principal activities are the manufacturing and marketing of cement products, they designs and produces building materials to meet the requirements of people throughout the world for housing, transport, healthcare education, and essential infrastructural for economic growth and social progress.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
In an organization, management uses motivation in order to reach their stated objectives, because motivation is one of the important role which management play to accomplish the organizational goals. Any attempt made by the management which is not taking the financial and non financial motivation of employees performance into consideration, the following difficulties will be confronting the management in attaining their stated objectives.
• Lack of suitable environment to work for the employee.
• Losing a lot of skill and well trained employees
• Attitude of workers in searching for another better job.
• The level of productivity of goods and services.
• Reducing the total turnover of the business.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of the study, include the following
• To determine the impact of financial incentives such as increase in wages and salaries, cash bonus and holiday pay on employee’s performance.
• To examine the effect of non financial motivation that is (job security, job satisfaction, status at work etc) on employee’s performances.
• To determine what makes an employee to do his/her best or perform well on a given job.
• To compare the various effect of financial incentives and non financial motivation
• To be able to determine whether promotion and job security will improve the level of productivity.
• To determine whether employees pay is commensurate to their labour or efforts.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The importance or significance of the study is to determine the influence of increasing wages and salaries in worker performance and also the non financial motivation that really makes workers to ensure that objective of the organization can be achieved. The significance of the study will also be a valuable contribution to the following groups.
The organization: it will give the managers reasonable insight into achieving the organizational goals and improving working condition to maximize productivity. It will enable the mangers to know how to reduce and adopt scientific method of management. It is particularly useful to the organization in question. West Africa Portland Cement Industries.
The government: With this study, the state government will appreciate the benefit of giving workers fringe benefits and incentives in the management or organization. The financial and non-financial motivation will also encourage workers in order to promote the level of productivity.
The research work will also be useful for academic purpose in the sense that it is an improvement on past academic work of other researcher. It also serves as a reference point for subsequent researchers.
1.5 Research Question
The researcher will attempt to answer the following questions
• What are the impacts of financial incentives on employee’s performance?
• What are the effects of non financial motivation on employee’s performance?
• How can employee’s performance be increase at his work place?
• What are the various effects of financial incentive and non financial motivation?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS OF MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC)» ...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE PLC ASABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate social responsibility is one vital aspect of any business. However, this is one area w...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Basically, communication touch every sphere of human activity, it informs or better still dissemi...Continue Reading »
4. A Survey Of The Efficient And Effective Personnel Management In Small And Medium Scale Industries» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page………………………………………………… Certification………………………………………… Ded...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study is aimed at examining the effects of flooding on residential properties in Calabar South Local government Area of Cross River State...Continue Reading »
6. THE BANK TECHNOLGICAL ENVIRONMENT AND ITS EFFECT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDUIM ENTERPRISEES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY From the definition of business dictionary; A bank is An establishment authorized by a government to accepted depo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Liquidity management in financial context means ways with which assets can easily be converti...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECTIVE MATERIAL MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL TOWARD ORGANIZATIONAL PROFITABILITY IN MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATION» ABSTRACT Material management is a strategy for achieving organizational productivity. The researcher started this research work by introducing the sub...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In a competitive marketplace, to achieve a satisfactory level of profitability must be learned by...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE A STUDY OF AFRIBANK NIGERIAN PLC, ENUGU REGIONAL OFFICE» ABSTRACT This research work examined how the environment affects the structure of an organization. It focused on the types of environment in which the...Continue Reading »