Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The issue of low productivity of Nigeria workers has in recent years been a matter of great concern to the nation. The rate at which productivity grows is influenced by two things: -
(i) The rate of society’s demand and the rate of inflation.
Increased productivity is very vital for the health of the country because it will help to improve the conditions of the environment, enhance security and improve the standard and quality of life of the citizens. This is why David Ricardo in his study of population said that food needs to grow at a geometrical rate in order to meet the demand of the growing population. This emphasizes the need for increased productivity.
YusufT.M. (1962:50) was of the view that productivity can be defined as the ratio between output and all the resources used in production i.e. capital, labour, raw materials etc. the most efficient use of all available resources. With these definitions; One may ask why is the Nigeria worker inherently characterized by low-productivity in spite of all government’s efforts to improve the economy and the ever increasing need for improved productivity? The answer to this disturbing question is vital and will be answered and discussed in this study.
Increasing productivity is a way of increasing the ability of people to do what they want, to do as well as achieving a higher standard of living for all suffering from low income and in boosting the prosperity of the overall Nigeria economy.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Research has been carried out in Nigeria; regrettably not much has been done in the way of solving the problem facing the Nigeria workers.
This has been detrimental to the increase of productivity which will contribute to the development of nation like Nigeria. In order to increase productivity among the workers in Nigeria with the help of PHCN as a guide the following bottle neck were observed. The fear of Job security among workers.
The workers should be assumed of their jobs.
The motivational tool and incentives were not properly provided to the workers that will make them to put in their best.
The job evaluation system has been carried out in an unfair manner Lack of programmes provision for developing staff made many junior
staff undertake personal training at the detriment of the employers.
1.3 THE OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective or purpose of the stud is to discover the
1. To closely look at those factors responsible for low productivity.
2. To review the current operating standard that will be of great help in the task of increasing productivity.
3. To verify what should be done to increase the overall interest of the workers to enhance productivity.
4. To find out the ways to ensure commitment to work in order to increase productivity.
To investigate how effective the motivational method already applied has promoted productivity.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
To carry out the research effectively, a number of related Questions covering the productivity of workers in PHCN have been raised.
The following questions were used to acquire the necessary information on the study.
What factors were responsible for the low productivity of the workers?
What will encourage a worker to work diligently and put in his best at work?
What types of work environment will help to facilitates a worker in carrying his duties.
Does management style of leadership affects workers productivity level?
What additional incentives will the management apply to increase productivity?
The research gave much consideration to the problems
associated with low productivity among workers in the public and private organization where productivity level can be measured. The study intends to cover a public sector which is National Electricity power Authority.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The result of research will help to address those problems that militate against low productivity of workers in the public and private sector of the economy.
The research also will provide managementthe needed background in theory and practice for the implementation of the policies as well as coordinating, organising and controlling of the affairs of the public sector.
He will also help the PHCN management in dealing with the productivity problems.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL LITERACY ON THE PROFITABILITY OF SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY, CROSS RIVER STATE» ABSTRACT The focus of this research is on the impact of financial literacy on the profitability of some small scale enterprises in Calabar Municipalit...Continue Reading »
2. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING MANAGEMENT/STAFF RELATIONSHIP IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study ‘‘In view of the central nature of staff relationship, and the almost universal assumption that ins...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of the study was to establish the impact of performance appraisal on employee motivation at the Ministry of East Africa Community, La...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction A lot of works. Has no doubt been done on the concept of cooperative society due to the recognition of it relevant to any...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF OFFICE ENVIRONMENT ON THE MORAL AND PRODUCTIVITY OF SECRETARIES IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In this part of the world a careful observer would agree that it is not uncommon new that that wh...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF TAX INCENTIVES AND CONCESSION ON GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF SMEs IN NIGERIA CASE STUDY OF (SME TAXPAYERS IN IKEJA LAGOS STATE, IBADAN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Small businesses are seen as one key source of economic growth. For this reason, myriad economic...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The financial scandal that sunk once high profile companies such as Enron, Worldcom and Xerox in ...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 Background Of Study Recruitment and Selection is a vital process for every successful organization because having the right staff improves and sus...Continue Reading »
9. BENEFIT OF SALES PROMOTION AND ADVERTISEMENT IN PROMOTING ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS (A CASE STUDY OF GLOBACOM NETWORK)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nowadays, organization are undergoing fast growth and often disturbing transformation which are d...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION A multinational corporation is a company that has subsidiaries in several countries. Their decentralized structure, as we...Continue Reading »