Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The issue of low productivity of Nigeria workers has in recent years been a matter of great concern to the nation. The rate at which productivity grows is influenced by two things: -
(i) The rate of society’s demand and the rate of inflation.
Increased productivity is very vital for the health of the country because it will help to improve the conditions of the environment, enhance security and improve the standard and quality of life of the citizens. This is why David Ricardo in his study of population said that food needs to grow at a geometrical rate in order to meet the demand of the growing population. This emphasizes the need for increased productivity.
YusufT.M. (1962:50) was of the view that productivity can be defined as the ratio between output and all the resources used in production i.e. capital, labour, raw materials etc. the most efficient use of all available resources. With these definitions; One may ask why is the Nigeria worker inherently characterized by low-productivity in spite of all government’s efforts to improve the economy and the ever increasing need for improved productivity? The answer to this disturbing question is vital and will be answered and discussed in this study.
Increasing productivity is a way of increasing the ability of people to do what they want, to do as well as achieving a higher standard of living for all suffering from low income and in boosting the prosperity of the overall Nigeria economy.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Research has been carried out in Nigeria; regrettably not much has been done in the way of solving the problem facing the Nigeria workers.
This has been detrimental to the increase of productivity which will contribute to the development of nation like Nigeria. In order to increase productivity among the workers in Nigeria with the help of PHCN as a guide the following bottle neck were observed. The fear of Job security among workers.
The workers should be assumed of their jobs.
The motivational tool and incentives were not properly provided to the workers that will make them to put in their best.
The job evaluation system has been carried out in an unfair manner Lack of programmes provision for developing staff made many junior
staff undertake personal training at the detriment of the employers.
1.3 THE OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective or purpose of the stud is to discover the
1. To closely look at those factors responsible for low productivity.
2. To review the current operating standard that will be of great help in the task of increasing productivity.
3. To verify what should be done to increase the overall interest of the workers to enhance productivity.
4. To find out the ways to ensure commitment to work in order to increase productivity.
To investigate how effective the motivational method already applied has promoted productivity.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
To carry out the research effectively, a number of related Questions covering the productivity of workers in PHCN have been raised.
The following questions were used to acquire the necessary information on the study.
What factors were responsible for the low productivity of the workers?
What will encourage a worker to work diligently and put in his best at work?
What types of work environment will help to facilitates a worker in carrying his duties.
Does management style of leadership affects workers productivity level?
What additional incentives will the management apply to increase productivity?
The research gave much consideration to the problems
associated with low productivity among workers in the public and private organization where productivity level can be measured. The study intends to cover a public sector which is National Electricity power Authority.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The result of research will help to address those problems that militate against low productivity of workers in the public and private sector of the economy.
The research also will provide managementthe needed background in theory and practice for the implementation of the policies as well as coordinating, organising and controlling of the affairs of the public sector.
He will also help the PHCN management in dealing with the productivity problems.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED BUSINESS ENTERPRISES IN UGHE...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In every social formation or environment man finds it necessary to bring themselves together in o...Continue Reading »
2. STRATEGIES FOR MANAGING ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATION” WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO SIBA WATERS» ABSTRACT This research work aims at identifying strategies at managing environment factors in business organizations using Siba waters Ikot Ekpene as ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The primary function of the government or any modern societies includes offering protection to it...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF PERSONAL SELLING ON THE SALES VOLUME OF AN ORGANISATION. (A CASE STUDY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Personal selling consist of individual, personal communication i.e. face to face communication of information from the se...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM IN AN ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF PZ CUSSONS NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study One of the important aspects of the production of goods and services is the proper distri...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION IN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREA IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study is a modest attempt at a lucid explication of the role of local government in Nigeria....Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF MICROFINANCE INSTITUTIONS IN FINANCING SMALL SCALE BUSINESSES (A STUDY OF UYO METROPOLIS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Studies on industrial development countries have shown that small and medium enterprises constitu...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examines an appraisal of performance of small scale enterprises in community development; evidence from Anambra south senatorial z...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN RURAL AREAS USING ISOKO NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The Nigeria rural areas consist of diversity of people with distinct cultures sustained by diverse ec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the effect of wages and salary administration employee’s attitude in organizations using First bank PLC as case stu...Continue Reading »