Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 69 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project has to discourse extensively on how to open and operate a standard restaurant both in country and outside the country. It is also make us to understand and know more about what the project is talking about and the meaning of restaurant, it has various important to the society in general. In second chapter of this project is talking about literature review i.e how to open and operate a restaurant and how to manage and advertising your business.
Also in third chapter of this project discourse on research methodology, it help most student to know how to do research methodology.
In chapter four is all about how the data has been collected and how to present result on the particular topic. It make student to generate the idea that make us to know the benefit that can be derived from opening it and also know the necessary step to be taking in order to make the business proceed.
In chapter five is all about how to discuss on implication in the business, things to be take into consideration so, that the business would not collapse and the last chapter which is chapter six, discourse on how to improve the hygienic standard of food preparation. It is also to enlighten us on the problem encountered when opening it as well as ways of solving this problem.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Business is absolutely a complex activity. This is because it involves a lot of technicalities ranging from the task of planning to control of such plans in order to achieve the desire objectives of profit maximization. It is in view of this, that this study is mainly centered on the floating of a restaurant to a stage where it finds it difficult to keep its head above water.
In the late 70s business was in its period of boom, the economy was doing well at that point in time and the exchange rate was appreciable within this period. International trade was easy as a result of lesser trade restrictions and foreign exchange control.
Restaurant is referred to as a building or a house licensed to provide usually meals, entertainment and various personal services for the public on commercial basis and no accommodation is available. The word Restaurant is derived from the French verb "restaurant" which mean to restore or refresh and thus by usage mean an establishment that food and drink for sale. Restaurant may be freestanding or as part of facilities in hotels, guest houses or other sectors of the industry. Whichever way goes, a restaurant will choose at them, menu style and sometimes price band to suit the customers they wish to attract and at the same time to exhibit the particular expertise of their cook and chefs.
In this industry, guest are been given the maximum attention they may require within their period of stay. Therefore, good quality food and well-presented beverages are part of those necessities which the guest cannot but be treated with. The provision of good quality food and beverages often act as a good advertisement directly influencing the result of making other operations and management by objective making guest to feel more at home.
As the owner/operator of a restaurant you are constantly interacting with customer and employees. They have to like people enough, to cater for their likes and dislikes also to be able to feel genuine satisfaction when they see customers enjoying a meal. They have to like people enough to pay attention to the little things that make a customer feel welcome, well treated and anxious to return. Employees have to be carefully trained and their needs as well as those of the customers have to be considered.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Business entrepreneurs today are making a lot of efforts in order to make their investment a perpetual going concern. Every means available at their disposal are being made available terms of capital base sophisticated equipment etc. so as to meet-business demands and sustain the completive market environment.
However, in spite of these tremendous effort businesses are still failing and these are owing to various factors that pose myriads of problems.
The vital impact of opening and operating a restaurant in the society generally has not been given any keen observation and consideration that is, the reason why people fail in operation. This is because most people refuse to keep accurate financial record since the average profit per meal is between 10 percent per every sale, counts and haphazard record keeping may mean disaster.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main aim of the study is examine how to successfully open and operate a restaurant business with Mr. Biggs Akure as the center of focus. Specific objectives of the study are:
i. To identify necessary resources needed to successfully open a restaurant.
ii. To find out how a restaurant should operate to avoid failure.
iii. To examine the implications of government economic policies on the survival or failure of a restaurant.
iv. To find out and how to avoid business collapse with reference to Mr. Biggs Akure
v. To examine the use and control of resources in Mr. Biggs Akure
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
In-order to guide the study and achieve the objectives stated above, the following research questions were formulated:
i. What are the necessary resources needed to successfully open a restaurant?
ii. How should a restaurant operate to avoid failure?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The banking sector of any economy is one of the most important sectors. The sector represents the...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF MANAGEMENT INCENTIVE POLICIES ON WORKER’S PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE CEMENT FACTORY, OBAJANA, KOGI STATE.)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An incentive is a form of financial encouragement recognizing a particular contribution made by the work force, in other ...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF MERGER AND ACQUISITION ON ORGANIZATIONAL SURVIVAL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OANDO NIG. PLC AND AGIP NIG. PLC, KADUNA ZONAL OFFICES)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The increase in oil boom in the 70’s was an era of huge and expensive prospect of doubtful ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The last two decades have witnessed an enormous and explosive growth in the use of internet techn...Continue Reading »
5. A CRITICAL STUDY ON WORK-LIFE BALANCE AND ITS EFFECTS ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF MERCHANT BANK- KORIDUA BRANCH)» ABSTRACT Work Life Balance is increasing interest in academic literature, legislation and public sector. It is meaningful daily achievement and enjoym...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS AND MANAGERIAL EFFICIENCY ON SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SMEs IN OWERRI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A business organization is an individual or group of people that collaborate to achieve certain c...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research titled “The Impact of Management Style on the Efficiency of Selected Government Owned Companies In Enugu State” started with...Continue Reading »
8. THE PROBLEM MILITATING AGAINST EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IGBO-EZE NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU ...» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The term science has to do with nature; it is derived from the latin word scientia which means knowledge. It is a ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF PROBLEM Every organisation whether profit oriented or not, has a set objectives which all the employees and...Continue Reading »
10. PROMOTION OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF OKEHI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT This study “Promotion of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the development of Okehi LGA, Kogi State was undertaken to find out the...Continue Reading »