Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 36 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project work is based on the rehabilitation paint and decorating of external side wall of the workshop including its toilet, its cleared and removal all the grasses and refuse that around the wall, we plastered all the surface of the wall, where it was defeated by the erosion of rainfall, again the toilet was cleared and removed all the dirty and unwanted maternal. The ceiling toilet those that were affected and damage were changed, it build one coarse of blocks by the side of the toilet, one piece of glass window was changed after all these the paint was applied over the surface of the wall.
Painting of paints thin coating applied to surface in a liquid form, paint dries and becomes flexible solid, they have many uses pattern of the sunlight, dampness, dust abrasion and weathering, they provides easily cleanable surface that help keep the substrate clean tidy, they can alter the interior by the use of colour light or darkness matt or reflective surface and not to forget with texture.
Paints is a coating material in liquid or solid when spread in a surface others and hardness forming a film that protect, decorated or held a specific features to the surface on which it is deposited mainly. The paint has four important uses.
Paint is used to protect all sorts of buildings and structures from the effects of water and sun involved building such a houses are usually painted because a coat of paint prevents water seeping into the wood and making it rot. The paints also helps to prevent the wood from raying out in the hot sun metal structure and objects of all sorts are painted to stop them from rusting.
A very large steel structure such as a bridge must have a team of painters who keep the paint in good condition all the time.
Paint is used to decorate all sorts of objects. Since pre-history times people have painted the inside walls of their houses to make them look attractive. Painting and decoration the exterior (outside) and interior (inside) of houses is an important industry in many countries there are many types of colours of paint to chose from. All sorts of other object are painted to make them attractive. This includes furniture, toys, tools and utensils and street fittings.
Sometimes things make of wood such as furniture are painted in decorative patterns. In some countries many people enjoy decorating furniture and other small things like trays and boxes. This is one form of what is often called fork Art. In other countries such as Japan, painting furniture every skilled profession and antique of decorated furniture is very valuable. Other people enjoy the hobby of painting small object such as model planes soldiers.
Paintings are picture that are done in paint. Many different of paint are used for paintings. They include tempera, oil paint gouathe, water colours and acrylic paints the painting are usually done on the walls and ceilings of building, such many artist are famous for their painted pictures. Old beautiful and famous paintings are very valuable and are sometimes sold for millions of dollars. Famous painters include Giotte, Leonardo da Vinci, Titan and Rembeandt.
Painting is a very good way to give important to people, using painted signs include line marking on the roads street signs of all sorts advertising signs and warning signs.
BASIC COMPONENT OF PAINTS
Paint is a very complex material consisting of many components. Modern paints can have ten to twenty components each responsible to give a specific qualify to the paint. However, basically all paints consist of the following five components.
1. BASE PIGMENT
White lead read, aluminum powder, etc. were the pigments that were used initially in oil paint. The materials form the back of the paint in a finely divided state. It gives the durability and protection to the painted surface as they have high resistance to the element. The base should suit the material to be protected. For example, white lead gives no protection to steel. It is used only for wood work. Red lead base is used for steel.
2. VEHICLE OR BINDER
Material like in steel oil when used as a binder facilitate the spread of the paint and also bind the paint and the surface. Binder can be oils resins and bitumen or cellular derivatives.
3. SOLVENT OR THINNER
It adjusts the viscosity of the paint to suit the method of application. Turpentine is generally used as a thinner in oil paints. In emulsion paints, water is used as thinner. Solvent is usually a volatile substances which provides properties such as smoothness, easy flow etc.
It accelerate the process of drying of the paint, substance like balk, lead manganese dissolved in volatile liquids are used as driers.
5. COLOURING PIGMENT OR EXTENDERS
They are added to give colouring and may also act as practically heap substitute for expensive base pigment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The aim of this study is to rehabilitate, paint and decorate the external wall including toil of the building workshop, college of environmental studies Kaduna polytechnic.
1. To understand to procedures involved in the painting
2. To be able to describe the equipment and tools used in painting
3. To be able to identify material and select the right material of related from text book, internet, magazine, television, computer handbook, news paper, internet and some project work.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT WORK
The aim of study is to rehabilitate the building of workshop paint and decorate the external wall.
1.5 DEFINITION OF TERM
1. Base pigment: While lead, read lead, aluminum power, etc. were the pigment that was used initially in oil paint. The material, from the back of the paint in a finely divided state. It gives the durability and protection to the painted surface as they have high resistance to the element. The base should suit the material to be protected for example; white lead gives no protection to steel. It is used only for woodwork. Red lead base is used for steel.
2. Vehicle or binder: Material like insect oil when used as a binder facilitates the spread of the paints and also binds the paint and the surface together. Binder can be oil, resins and bitumen or cellulose derivatives.
3. Solvent or Thinner: It adjusts the viscosity of the paint of suit the method of application turpentine is generally sued as thinner in oil paints. In emulsion paints, water is used as thinner- solvent make the paint workable and it evaporate during drying of the film. The solvent is usually a violate substance which provides such as smoothness, easy flow etc.
4. Drier: It accelerates the process of drying of the paint substances like cobalt, lead manganese dissolved in volatile liquid are used as dries.
5. Colouring Pigment/ Extenders: They are added to give colouring and may also act as partially cheap substitute for the expensive base pigment.
1.6 PLAN OF THE PROJECT
1. Site Observation: The first step of the project work
2. Site Clearance: All the refuse, grasses and dumping materials was removed a way from the site
3. Cleaning of the Wall Surface: All the surface of the wall was cleaned and scraped from all its defects.
4. Plastering: All the place that cracks and defects were plastered
5. Replacement of Broken Glass: One piece of glass window that broken has been replaced
6. Replacement of Bad Ceiling: All the toilet ceiling that was damaged as a result of water leakage has been changed by new one
7. Block Work: One cold of block was built by the side of the toilet to prevent water penetration.
8. Concrete Work: all first course of block was filled up with concrete.
9. Panting: All the wall and toilet including cantilever and window was painted
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study explores the potential of biogas generation as an alternative source of energy for the University of Uyo. The research examines the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The current economic crisis has widened the gap between resources requirements to meet planned goals and the projected availability of funds ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study The world and Africa in particular are facing serious challenges in the area of environmental deg...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background Traffic accidents have been recognized as one of the major causes for human and economic losses both in developed ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to business dictionary, an online dictionary, “the construction industry is that s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Outsourcing has become one of the most researched areas in management studies due to its rising p...Continue Reading »
7. IMPACT OF SAND AND GRAVEL DREDGING ON THE ENVIRONMENT: A CASE STUDY OF THE LAGOS BAR BEACH COASTAL AREA» Abstract For thousands of years, sand and gravel have been used in the construction of roads and buildings. Today, demand for sand and gravel continue...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The occurrence of building failure and collapse has become a major issue of concern in the development of this nation as the magnitudes of th...Continue Reading »
9. AN EVALUATION OF FACTORS AFFECTING MATERIALS MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION SITE, A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Material management can be defined as a process that coordinates planning, assessing the requirem...Continue Reading »
10. THE INFLUENCE OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT SYSTEM ON CONTRACT PERFORMANCE OF PUBLIC BUILDING PROJECTS DURING IMPLEMENTATION» ABSTRACT Public procurement system account for significant percentage of GDP and has a directimpact on Kenya economy. Indeed, the Nigerian government ...Continue Reading »