Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Neem (Azadirachta indica A. Juss) is one of the very few trees known in the Indian subcontinent (Puri, 1999). This tree belonged to Meliceae family, and grows rapidly in the tropic and semi-tropic climate. It is also observed that this tree could survive in very dry and arid conditions. (Puri, 1999). The Neem Tree is an incredible plant that has been declared the Tree of the 21st century by the United Nations (Puri, 1999). In India, it is variously known as ‘Divine Tree’, ‘Life giving tree’, ‘Nature’s Drugstore’, ‘Village Pharmacy’ and ‘Panacea for all diseases’. It is one of the major components in Ayurvedic medicine, which has been practiced in India since many centuries.
Extracts from the Neem tree (Azadirachta indica A Juss) also called ‘Dogonyaro’ in Nigeria are most consistently recommended in ancient medical texts for gastrointestinal upsets, diarrhoea and intestinal infections, skin ulcers and malaria (Schmutterer, 1995). All parts of Neem plant such as leaves, bark, flower, fruit, seed and root have advantages in medical treatment and industrial products. Its leaves can be used as drug for diabetes, eczema and reduce fever. Barks of Neem can be used to make toothbrush and the roots has an ability to heal diseases and against insects. (Puri, 1999). The seed of Neem tree has a high concentration of oil. Neem oil is widely used as insecticides, lubricant, drugs for variety of diseases such as diabetes and tuberculosis (Puri, 1999; Ragasa et al., 1996).
India encouraged scientific investigations on neem tree as part of his program to revitalise India tradition and also increase commercial interest on neem (Stix, 1992) and presently some authors believe that no other plant or tree in the world has been so extensively researched or used in all possible capacities so far. In Africa, extracts from neem leaves have provided various medicinal preparations (Ekanem, 1971; Udeinya, 1993). Neem plant (Azadirachta indica) has been of great benefit in human health due to its biochemical, pharmacological, and medicinal properties.
1.1 AIM OF PROJECT
Many researches have been carried out on neem plant (Azadirachta indica) and results have shown that it has both medicinal and pharmacological properties. However, there are no documented information relating the mineral properties inherent in the leaf of the plant. Consequently, this work was aimed at determining some minerals present in the water extract of neem leaf using the modern atomic absorption spectrophotometric analysis.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BIOCHEMISTRY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Seed and coat of Mucuna pruriens, known as velvet beans or cowitch has scientific classification as shown below; Kingdom ...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUATION OF NUTRITIVE AND NON-NUTRITIVE COMPONENTS AND ANTI-DIABETIC PROPERTIES OF EDIBLE PORTIONS OF Chrysophyllum albidum FRUIT IN STREPTOZOTOCIN-...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Dietary control is vital in the management of diabetes. Reports from FAO (1998); WHO and FAO (200...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTS OF ETHANOL LEAVES EXTRACT OF Jatropha tanjorensis ON RENAL FUNCTION OF MALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at investigating effects of ethanol leaves extract of Jatropha tanjorensis on renal function of male albino wistar rats. ...Continue Reading »
4. INVESTIGATION OF THE PANCREATIC EFFECT OF BUCCHOLZIA CORICACEA FORMULATED DIET IN SUCROSE FED PREGNANT RATS AND THEIR OFFSPRING» ABSTRACT Several plants have been used in the treatment of various disorders without scientific basis. The present study examine the pancreatic effect...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 General Overview Psychosis is a heterogeneous neuropsychiatric disorder characterized by distorted or non existent se...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of Contents v List of Tables vi List of Figures ix Abstract x ...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF ETHANOLIC EXTRACT OF GONGRONEMA LATIFOLIUM AND ALLIUM SATIVUM ON LIPID PROFILE OF RATS TREATED WITH SODIUM ARSENITE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Sodium arsenite is an inorganic compound with the formula with the formula NaASO2, it is also called ...Continue Reading »
8. AN ASSESSMENT OF TEENAGE AWARENESS ON DIABETES MELLITUS FOR BEHAVIOUR CHANGE IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN SABON GARI LGA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT In Nigeria, little attention has been paid to communicate and create awareness to teenagers about diabetes mellitus. Diabetes mellitus is a n...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF ETHANOL, METHANOL AND N-HEXANE LEAF AND FRUIT EXTRACTS OF Kigelia africana ON SOME OXIDATIVE AND BIOCHEMICAL PARAMETERS IN ALLOXAN-INDUCED ...» ABSTRACT Globally, the estimated incidence of diabetes and projection for the year 2030 as given by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is 350...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FOETAL HAEMOGLOBIN LEVELS, MARKERS OF TISSUE DESTRUCTION AND DISEASE SEVERITY IN INDIVIDUALS WITH SICKLE CELL ...» ABSTRACT Sickle cell Anaemia is a genetic disorder that leads to the production of Sickle haemoglobin, whichresults in abnormal functions of the red b...Continue Reading »