Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 61 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
According to Adekunle (2005), the importance of the Small Scale Enterprises to Economic development of any country whether developing or developed cannot be overemphasized. Small Scale Enterprises considered to be one of the driving forces in economic development. They stimulate private ownership and Entrepreneurship skill, they are feasible and can adapt quickly to changing market, demand and supply situations they also generate employment, help diversity economic activities and make significant contribution to expert and trade. According to the guidelines for accessing credit facilities for Small Scale Enterprises in Nigeria by R.K. Moruku (2002), “There is potential in Small Scale Enterprises to create employment, reduce underemployment and poverty, and utilize local raw materials output expansion and transformation of indigenous technology. Others are those to reduce intermediate goods, promote even development and reduce income inequalities. Thus, they constitute a strategic choice in industrialization and economic development, even served as a new development aid model. In view of growing unemployment and poverty including the working poor in Nigeria, the indignity poverty inflicts on and threat to the survival of human kind, no efforts should be spared in nurturing, supporting and sustaining Small Scale Enterprises in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The economy at present needs diversification and expansion. Despite the fact that government goals of encouraging economic growth along with decreasing employment and providing a well-trainedlabour force have been activity pursued since the re-construction period of the civil war and the oil boom era. The nation however is still losing grounds in the area of unemployment, inflation, economic stagnation and over/under supply of skilled labour force. In Nigeria expects to solve HS social economic problem in efficiency; it must take a critical look at the development of the Small-Scale business because of this development sector can be synonymous with national economic growth. The emphasis on the small business sector, was not encouraged until recently and this changing emphasis was caused by some setbacks presented by other sectors of the economy. It has been discovered that the public sector alone failed to significantly encourage economic growth. This recognition informed the need of desire to examine critically the impact of Small–Scale Enterprises financing in improving the socio- economic wellbeing of the Nigerian people.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this research is to investigate the impact of Small Scale Enterprises financing in improving the socio economic wellbeing of the Delta State. The objective of this study can be clearly set below:
i) To show the role of Small Scale Enterprises financing.
ii) To show the problems encountered in financing small scale enterprises.
iii) To the prospects of small scale enterprises financing.
iv) v) To identify the feature as well as the source of capital for small scale enterprises.
vi) To show the activities of these enterprises in terms of revenue generation. vii) To make valuable recommendation useful to policy makers based on the findings of this study.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The hypothesis that are to be tested in this study are now stated as follows: H0: The government do not contribute to the socio economic well-being of the Nigeria people
H1: That government contributes to the socio economic well-being of the Nigeria people
H0: The educational level does not affects diversification of business interest. H2: The educational level affects diversification of business interest.
H0: The establishment do not source for credit facilities from financial institutions.
H3: The establishment source for credit facilities from financial institutions.
1.5 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
This research has great importance for all enterprises such that:
• It will enable Small-Scale Enterprises operator to know their impact on the socio-economic well-being of the Nigerian people.
• This study will also guide the operation of most large and Small – Scale Enterprises (publicly and privately owned) and since most public companies are now being, privatized, this paper will be of immense help in their dealing with Small Scale Enterprises.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATIONOF THE STUDY
This study will cover number of Small – Scale enterprises from 2000 – 2004 owned and operated by Nigerians who are single owners. Directory of small – scale enterprises in Delta State in 2000 by the state ministry of commerce and industry, Asaba outlined some enterprises in Delta State. Thus this research is restricted to selected Small – Scale enterprises in Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State such as Pazuka Enterprises Nigeria involves in a soap making, Pakan Universal Agencies Nigeria, involved in poultry rearing, Vicmiliorganization involved in bakery, Lucky group of designers involved in garri processing, Iweka wood workers involved in furniture making etc. This research will also deal with the impact of small – scale enterprises financing in improving the socio-economic well-being of the Nigerian people.
This work will also look at how banks help to finance small – scale enterprises activities of those business in terms of revenue generation and employment and income accruing to the owners. There were certain limitation that the search encountered in the course of carrying out his study. They include;
• Financial constraints which limited the scope of this study on the ministry of commerce and industry, Asaba and Banks.
• Another problem is time constraints, a research of this nature which is expected to reduce for researching result would certainly have required a lot of time to make an in-debt look at personal observation possible. However since the work has to be submitted within a specific time, I had to combine lectures, semester course work and examination with research work.
• Another limitation borders on poor response from small-scale enterprises business owner and large earners (employees)
• This is because of the non- challant attitude of small-scale industry owners to disclose relevant information about their business for fear of tax collectors. Despite the limitations mentioned above, great efforts have been made by researchers to collect comprehensive information from few Small – Scale enterprises necessary for the study. The study should therefore be assessed in the light of the said scope and limitations.
1.7 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
Impact: To have strong impression or effect on something. Impression could be positive or negative and effect could be positive or negative.
Small – Scale enterprises: Small – Scale enterprises comprises those enterprises with total cost inclusive of land of above one million (N1, 000 000.00) and having manpower strength (labour size) of 14 and 35 workers according to E. E. Ohibundu (2002) on Industrial trends and opportunities on page 34.
Financing: Financing is the efficient and effective allocation of resources with a view of maximizing the shareholder’s wealth.
Improving: Advancing to a higher level. Socio Economic: Control and management of a community, society or household. Economic/Psychological: To have a sense of well-being or a state of being healthy and happy.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), statement of problem, objectives of the study, research question, significance or the study, research methodology, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlight the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This work examined inflation targeting in emerging economies: evidence from Nigeria. This was motivated by the need to understand the adoptio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Alvin Tofler, one of the most successful of contemporary popularizes has proclaimed the arrival of an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The subject of transparency and accountability in modern day corporate organizations has continu...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study impact of monetary policy on the performance of deposit money banks in Nigeria. The total population for the study is 200 staff of...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTIONRatio has been most important tools for the effective development of manufacturing companies and industries, the major uses of ratio is to...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLES OF UNIVERSAL BANKS IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE FINANCING IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF OCEANIC BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT The research work was carried out to examine the importance of import and exports in International Trade Finance, various risks, methods of p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background information In any profit oriented organization, employment relationship is seen as an exchange process where ...Continue Reading »
» PROPOSAL The project topic " Effect of financial leverage on company performance", has to do with the use of external finds (dept and equity) in gener...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS ON EFFICIENT CUSTOMER SERVICE IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research is a study aimed at finding the main causes of customers of commercial banks to be prompt wherever they are in their current or...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work is on the impact of information technology in the banking industry. And Sky Bank will be chosen as a case study. In doing t...Continue Reading »