Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 63 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 INTRODUCTION: BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Information technology has already become the nervous system of banks the world wide. Banks all over the world realized that only those that overhaul the whole of their payment and services delivery systems and operations are likely to survive and prosper in this global world of technology. This is due to the pressure of globalization, consideration, deregulation and rapidly changing technology. In order to properly place themselves in favourably positions to be reckoned with in the new country, banks are making use of information technology (IT).
They realized that the banking industry requires more of electronic manipulation and shuffling of bits based money and other banking transaction instead of paper. In order words, paper-based transactions. Whether a bank would be successful or not, depends on the total to which it is investing in IT and using IT in an innovative manner. The reason for this is the fact that in the future, banking transactions would be conducted in a cyber space.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Generally, the banking industry in Nigeria has witnessed an unprecedented growth in the past decade. Banks have expanded their branch networks at a very rapid rate and there are now far more employees, larger customers and staff databases, more robust computer system and generally high level of automation and computerization. In view of the expansions, the followings are enumerate by the researcher as the problems associated to the banks: -
a. Lack of integrated computer data base in the Nigerian banks.
b. Failure of banks to share ideas about new break though in IT world, they rather use it as a competitive advantage.
c. Incessant downtimes experienced by most banks
d. Too much reliance on external consultants for the maintenance of the systems and operations
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
This work is aimed at analyzing THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN THE OPERATIONS OF BANKS IN NIGERIA to compete favorably with the counterparts across the world.
The research would serves as frontier of knowledge to the bank staff, customers, investors and management about future of banks in relations to the new information techniques which facilitates the applications of banks products and services.
1.4 THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work focuses on the problems and prospects of IT in the banking sub-sector of the economy. With particular reference to First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The banking industry as an industry that touches the life of everybody, if not as an employee, then as one that benefits from its services. On the other hands, IT refers to the new technology of gathering, storing, manipulating and transferring information.
This study will be of use to the followings: -
It shall enable banks management to know the variants of IT available that would increase the efficiency of online real time banking operations.
Similarly, the research shall be of importance to bank staff, is it will add to their knowledge and experience about the prospect of applying new IT for to increase their productivity.
It shall also be of importance to the existing and prospective shareholders by enabling them to know how well the bank is doing before investing their wealth in it.
Lastly, the research shall provide frontier for further research on the re-engineering of the industry with the and of IT.
1.6 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
H1: Application of IT is responsible for increase in productivity of FBN Plc.
Ho: Application of IT is not responsible for increase in productivity of FBN Plc
H1: Application of IT affects the profitability of the Bank
Ho: Application of IT does not affects the profitability of the Bank
H1: Information Technology application improve customers satisfaction of the Bank.
Ho: Information Technology application does not improve customers satisfaction of the Bank.
1.7 PLAN OF THE STUDY
This project work is divided into five chapters.
Chapter one deals with background to the study, statement of the problems, objective of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study and definition of terms.
Chapter two is dedicated to literature review. It covers the legislations of banks, origin of bank in Nigeria, problem of IT in Nigerian bank and prospects of IT in the future of banks in Nigeria.
Chapter three deals with the research methodology, it discusses sources of data, method of data collections research methods, techniques of data analysis and justification of the method use.
Chapter four looks into the history of first bank of Nigeria Plc. the chapter further presents, analyses and interprets data collected for the study.
Chapter five covers summary, conclusion, recommendation, limitation of the study and areas for further study.
1.8 DEFINITIONS OF TERMS
- Information technology: Is the study or use of electronic process for storing information and making it available.
- Information: it consists of data that have been retrieved, processed, interpreted and understood by the end user.
- Internet: Is a computer system that allows millions of computer users around the world to exchange information.
- Automated teller machines (ATM: These are electronic terminals that allow banking almost anytime, to withdraw cash, make deposits or transfer cash/funds between accounts, of payment of utility bill and purchase of recharge cards.
- Smart of Cards: small sized pieces of plastic devices (measuring 85.6m x 53.98 x 0.76mm) with embedded integrated circuit and used as payment instruments for numerous financial schemes.
- E-Banking: Refers to trading electronically over electronic network through the network.
- Networking: A communication between individual computer systems which otherwise maintain a degree of autonomy.
- Online banking: This allows the access of the bank’s web, it gives room for transfers from one account to another and access the states of customers accounts from their door step.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF REGULATION AND SUPERVISION ON THE ACTIVITIES OF BANKS IN NIGERIA (AN ASSESSMENT OF THE ROLE OF THE CBN AND NDIC)» ABSTRACTThe study is an empirical analysis of the impact of regulation and supervision on the activities of Nigerian banks with emphasis on the role o...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF RECAPITALIZATION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF BANKS IN NIGERIA (a case study of Nigerian banks)» 1.0 CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Banking reforms have been an ongoing phenomenon around the world right from the 1980s till date, but it is mor...Continue Reading »
3. Assessment of new media content and development among Nigerian undergraduate. A study of selected higher institutions in kwara state» Abstract This study assessed the new media content among undergraduate students in kwara state. It is a survey research employing descriptive research...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Today, the advancement of mobile technologies has provided an opportunity for financial service providers in introducing new financial innova...Continue Reading »
» This study examined the Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility on Nigeria Economic Growth over the period of 29 years (1987 2015). Secondary data source w...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Mobile banking is an innovation that has progressively rendered itself in pervasive ways cutting...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the prerequisites for the development of national economy according to Ajayi et al, 2006 i...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to ascertain the impact of Information Technology on Banks. E –payment system in Nigeria banks. And the help t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The title of the project work is “the impact of money deposit banks on the economic development if Nigeria. The aims and objectives of ...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF INTEREST RATE ON LOAN RECOVERY OF DEPOSIT MONEY BANK (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Greater prominence have been said to be associated with banking industry in Nigeria because of th...Continue Reading »