Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 47 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Financing is always very important issue in investment decision. A ready question that always proceeds project concernment is “How do we finance the project” even an impressive viable and feasible project can only achieve the business virility expected of if after the issues of financing haws been firmly and adequately resolved.
The need tom make finance available to small-scale industrialist cannot be over emphasized to reduce the problems faced by this sector: it has become imperative to link item to all known sources of funds. Finance is very vital to any organization and small-scale entrepreneurs are not left out.
This type of study has become necessary now that renewed interest is being shown in the development of small scale industries in the development of small scale industries in economic development, particularly in a developing economic like Nigeria where efforts are being made4 at indigenization of the Economy. This vital role of the small-scale industries, which include the creation of employment opportunities, the mobilization of local resources, mitigation or rural urban migration and the achievement of a more even distribution of industries enterprises in different parts of the country. This makes it important to make finance available to small-scale industries.
Among these available sources of funds are government agencies of which NACRDS (Nigeria Agricultural co-operation and Rural Development Bank) is one.
It would be interesting to find out the extend to which NACRDB has gone to achieve its objective.
NACRDB was set up by the federal government of Nigeria in 1989, legalized by decree No. 2 of 1989. The fund was to provide both local and foregn currencies, inform of loans to entrepreneurs through participating banks. The fund came into being to address some problems of financing faced by the small and medium scale enterprise in sourcing for funds through banks such as difficulty in passing through stringent selection process of banks since the banks are only willing to commit a small amount to medium, long term loans
To correct these observed inadequacies in medium and long term financing and sourcing of foreign currencies. NACRDB according to its bulletin is set up to mobilize financial resources that would enable small and medium scale enterprise eligible industrial and Allied enterprises have better access to medium and long term loan facilities to help them acquire their fixed assets such as machinery and equipment.
These objectives of NACRDB are laudable if really implemented as planned.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
As we all know, finance is a very vital resources and serious constraint to development in any establishment or organization. Capital is needed to improve the position of any firm since it is used to purchase the needed raw materials machines, to pay for qualified personnel and to carryout other necessary transformation.
Indeed studies here shown that most small scale enterprises start their line without any institution help. The entrepreneur usually obtains the small amount of money he needs from his own savings or from his family or friends.
1.3 purpose o the study
The purpose of this study is to this study is to critically examine the sources and management of funds available to various small-scale entrepreneur, if so that to find out if any is lacking behind in its duty to utilize the various sources o fund by way of comparing them.
The study will also examine the debts on revenue allocation as it affects small-scale enterprise.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
i. What kind of business are you engage in?
ii. How much loan did you ask for?
iii. What collateral did you provide for the loan?
iv. Did you attach a feasibility study to the application?
v. Was your application for loan approved?
vi. If it was not, what was the reason stated?
vii. What was your view of the application being corned down?
viii. Do you keep financial record?
x. If yes, how many financial records do you keep out of the following requested banks?
xi. How many professionals do you have, who are working in your organization?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study on financing of small-scale enterprises based on NACRDB as an alternative source is significant to the promoters of the industry generators (banks and to NACRDB is an institution, also the general public and government). At a time like this when the country is trying to fund the path to join the enviable. However small-scale enterprises find it difficult to grow with the opportunity to borrow from financial institution: especially in financing long-term projects.
An industrial project has a long-term maturity period and to finance such enterprises or fund firms require long-term source of funds instead of short-term funds often provided by commercial banks. The commercial banks by their nature have loan able short term basis create a deposit loan maturity gap a the owner of such deposit can call for their money at short notice.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Some technical works and terms here been inevitably used in this research work.
The need to explain them in order to enhance the understanding of the whole texts arose some of these terms are as follows.
1. SOURCES:- This mans a way through which information can be gotten or obtain from.
2. BUSINESS:- Business is any organized activity or scheme undertaken by a person or persons with a view to earn a living.
3. CAPITAL:- This is the money needed to set up a business
4. MANAGEMENT:- This means getting things done through with people management is the accomplishment of desired objectives by establishing an environment favourable for performance by people operating in organized group.
5. GOVERNMENT:- This means a group of people who govers a country or state it also means the set or process or governing.
6. INVESTMENT ADVICER:- Financial professional who specializes in making portfolio recommendations for clients.
7. NACRDB:- Nigeria Agricultural Co-operation and Rural development bank.
8. MANAGER:- A person who makes things happen with an organization through the effect of other people.
9. INDUSTRY:- Is the collection of various firms to form a unit.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In Nigeria, credit has been recognized as essential tools for promoting small and micro enterprises (SMEs). Ab...Continue Reading »
2. CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND ITS RELATIONSHIP WITH DIVIDEND POLICIES OF BANKS IN NIGERIAN CAPITAL MARKET» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The concept of corporate governance is one of the issues that have attracted the attention of res...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research work became necessary because of the huge sum experided as well as the incentive avarible to foreign investors and yet we have n...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study investigates the effects of ATM on the performance of Nigerian banks. Available studies have concentrated on the significant dimen...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF BANKS IN FINANCING SMALL SCALE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA_. (A CASE STUDY OF AGBARHO MICRO FINANCE BANK LTD)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND FOR THE STUDY Banks are in the Business of accepting deposit from the public and on lending those funds to...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In recent times, the banking sector has witnessed a major transformation in its environment due t...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study intends to examine the impact of credit risk on bank performance in Nigeria for the period 2004 2014. The pervasive incidence of n...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work was undertaken to assess the Loan granting and its recovery problems on Commercial Banks. The research was intended to ach...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In the content of the financial system, the term “Banking Regulation” appears relevan...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Automated Teller Machines (ATM) are devices used by bank customers to process account transaction...Continue Reading »