Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The United bank for African plc has it’s antecedents rooted in that of its processor. British and French bank limited. The British and French bank Limited itself, metamorphosed from Banque National Pource commerce et al industries of paris (establish in 1952) Massrs E.G. Humgerbulher and C.H. Baker arrived in Nigeria in the early 1949 from BNCL, Paris.
But men made the British and French bank, Mr. Hungenblulen left shortly after the bank was established while Mr. Baker stayed back for few years as aim officer. Another big influences are the establishment of the bank was Mr. Herte Wroche. He was the head of the international division at BNCI and contributed immensely to the rapid growth of the new bank. In May, 1949, the British and French Bank began, operation in Nigeria, at 117, broad Lagos, which today house apart of the kin’s way stocks complete. The bank occupied a floor of the building at the function of Danies and Broad street, the Bank official opened to business in December 1949 with a staff strength of about 12.
The bank when public under French man who was seconded from BNCI Paris in 1960 in accordance with the policy and intention of the French owns of the bank to sell of some of its shares to Nigerians. On February 23 196, the United Bank for Africa Plc was incorporated to takeover the asset and liabilities of the British and French bank. The official opening of the bank for business under the new name was on October 3rd 1961. Its registered office was at 129129 broad street, Lagos with it establishment UBA became the first Bank among the international banks operating in Nigeria at the to be registered under the Nigerian law.
Its paid up capital was over four million the following banking were.
- British and French bank
- Bank Nazi onaledell laurro of Italy
- Moute Dei Paschi desiena of Italy
- Banks Trust of New York, USA
- Amsterdam Rottedam Bank of Holland
By 1961 the bank had grown from the its one office structure to 10 Branches located in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna and Porthacourt from that time the bank starts to grow strength to strength. Today UBA Plc has over two hundred and fifty branches spread across the country with experience staff posted to every branch. It has a string capital base and rated as third strength. Bank in the country interms of capital base and asset
1.2 PROBLEM STATEMENT
Findings and research about this research project problem is critical and serious in banks because of the increase of employment of unqualified staff and poor service render to customers in banking industries over the years (1998-2002) appears to indicate unambiguously the lack of computerization of customers services in the banking industry is the main cause of those defects
Low productivity among the commercial banks are also cause by lack of computerization of customer service of bank and are hardly solved without the use of computers in the banking industries.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVESOF THE STUDY
Generally, before any research is carried out there most be an aim to that exercise this are the aims:
- Analyzing the role of computer in the activities of the bank as its effect on customer services.
- To relate the role to its practical application in united bank for Africa UBA Plc
- To demonstrate the need for computerized customer services in UBA Plc
- To appraise the future and or bankers of computer as it affects customer service in banks (if any)
- To offer suggestion where possible to some problem faced and to recommend to users certain producer that will enhance the achievement of effective and efficient computerized customers services in UBA Plc.
- To contribute to knowledge generally.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study is that the customers and staff of UBA Plc in particular and the public in general will be able to know the importance attached to the use of computer in the banking industries with special reference to UBA Plc Kaduna main branch.
They will also be able to know how efficiency affects the customers of the bank.
At the end of this research work, the researcher’s knowledge will also increase as to the use computer in UBA Plc and the advantage attached to it.
1.5 HYPOTHESIS OF THE STUDY
Hypothesis is a guess of specific expectation about the nature of things derived from problem, it is a tentative and testable explanation usually in declaration from the relationship between variable either general or specific.
Alternative: The computerization of customers services is UBA Plc Kaduna main Branch has no effect to customers.
Null: the presence of computer in UBA Plc Kaduna Branch has greatly enhance the reliability and attentiveness of services rendered to customers”
These are assumptions that this research work is to confirm true or otherwise.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The focus of the research work covers computerized customers services in UBA Plc, Kaduna Branch as a case study. The study is therefore limited to the Kaduna main branch of UBA Plc only. It will not extend to other branch within Kaduna State and it is also from 2003 to 2007.
In view with the significance of the introduction of computer to banking sector, the customers and staff of United sector, the customers and staff of United bank for African Plc in particular and the public in general will be able to know the importance attached to the introduction of computer.
And also the researcher of this project work will also increase in knowledge about computer and advantage attached to it.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In any nation, there arem basically four objectives or goal of micro economics policies. i. H...Continue Reading »
2. SOURCES OF FUNDS FOR SMALL SCALE BUSINESS. (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA AGRICULTURAL CO-OPERATIVE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Financing is always very important issue in investment decision. A ready question that always pro...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is motivated by a desire to examine corporate governance indicators and performance of Nigerian banking sector. In light of the em...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The new millennium brought with it new possibilities interms of information access and availabili...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY With the existence of so many banks and establishment of new ones into the banking industry, the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In recent years, the issues of mass unemployment particularly graduates unemployed has drawn the attention of ...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLES OF UNIVERSAL BANKS IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE FINANCING IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF OCEANIC BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT The research work was carried out to examine the importance of import and exports in International Trade Finance, various risks, methods of p...Continue Reading »
8. AN EMPIRICAL STUDY OF THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN SMALL SCALE ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT IN ENUGU STATE (CASE STUDY OF UBA AND UNION BANK OF NIG...» ABSTRACT The subject matter of this research work is to evaluate the extent to which Small Scale entrepreneurs in Enugu have been able to obtain loans...Continue Reading »
9. FACTORS AFFECTING COMPETITION IN THE COMMERCIAL BANKING INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UBA)» ABSTRACT The main objective of this study is to determine the factors that affect competition in commercial banks. Competition as a market situation w...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Banks play an important role in financial system and the economy of a country. Banks among other ...Continue Reading »