Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Higher education is the forefront in the production of capable human resources base of Nigeria’s economy. However, regardless of efforts to establish Colleges of Education, Polytechnics and Universities in Nigeria to prepare effective and competent students before they graduate, there has always been a fundamental shortages fund. As a result, this research was enthused by the yearning of academic staff unions on the adequacy and inadequacies of funds available for higher education in Nigeria.
1.1 Background of the study
A financial institution is an organized body concerned with the management of money. This is to say that the institution is responsible for the leading and borrowing of money in other words, it is an institution involved in financial intermediation where money is mobilized and channeled from the public sailing (those who have surplus funds want to save to those who want to invest in productive activities. Some of the institution in Nigeria are commercial banks, stock exchange market, merchant bank, CBN insurance companies, development banker.
Mismanagement is defined by land-man English dictionary as controlled or deal with private, public or business affairs badly, unskillfully etc. The mismanagement is also defined by Oxford English Dictionary, Version, it states that mismanagement –mismanage, bad improper administrations to manager-badly or wrongly. Then financial mismanagement according to the above definitions may be improper administration, bad or wrongly used of money, inadequate collateral security or granting loan. Misappropriation of money or management of finance unskillfully. They are good in selling of securities. They are sources of revenue to the government. They also provide a lot of advice to the government. They help the government extremely in international trade etc. To the public and private individual, bank provide drastic support to public and individual affairs. The bank grant loans advances, make payment locally or outside Nigeria. Infact, they perform variety functions to satisfy the financial needs of all types of customers from small personal account holder to the big incorporates and public organization. That is by accepting of deposits, safe custodying agency services etc. Furthermore, mismanagement in financial institutions make them unable to tackle their problem and obligations like paying of taxes to the government, cash-reserve, reserve rates, workers salaries going out loans etc. Education is as old as human existence, and higher education is one of the branches and the most important sector in the development of a nation. Higher education is important when research and development are highly encouraged. Every country’s higher education institutions are powerful instrument for socio-economic progress without which neither an individual nor a country can achieve professional and economic growth (Ololube, Onyekwere, & Agbor, 2016b). There is no doubt that the provision of adequate funds for higher education institutions is the best way to enhance excellent administration, effective planning, quality instruction and programs, which are strategic towards understanding the need for institutional management. The education of students is meant to help them grow and develop as individuals and provide them with the necessary professional competences, skills and abilities to assist them in acquiring the right types of understandings, concepts, values and attitudes to manage live after graduation and become productive members of the societies, because the world is a global village. To a large extent it is presumed globally that adequate funding of education at all levels determines the quality of the educational system that are functional in any nation. According to Okebukola (2002), Marinho (2002) and Ekankumo and Kemebaradikumo (2014), poor funding and the mismanagement of funds within the educational system has led to the dysfunctional and unethical practices that have generated limitations across Nigeria’s educational system, especially in higher education. They further assert that poor funding and inadequate implementation of budgetary allocations has led to incidences of backlog of results, late preparation of results, insufficient staffing, non-availability of most important instructional materials, etc . After the overthrown of the last civilian administration in the country, many financial institution made a lot of staggering discoveries to funds misappropriate through inflated contracts, bribery and kick backs etc. Since then Nigerian economy has become a sick body up till today. Infact financial analyst’s puts public fund misused and those smuggled outside the country at several millions of naira.
Finally, the various officers mostly the managers and cashiers of those institutions are accused of the abnormal of mismanagement in financial institutions.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In this aspect it is well known fact that adequate management in the financial institutions well enable them pay their roles as supposed and achieved their basic aim or objectives as well. They are unable to perform their roles in selling of securities paying at taxes sources or revenue to the government help in international trade etc. Thereby encountering some problems which may be stated.
i. They are finding themselves unable to meet customers withdrawals
ii. Customer withdraw much from them thereby reducing deposit liabilities much constitutes the main source of banks, loan able funds.
iii. Unable to abide by the relevant laws especially before the financial ordinance.
iv. That they are having loss of trust by their customers in as much as not investing on them anymore.
v. That they are having poor turn-over fear.
vi. That issue has accommodated distress in the banking system which has enraged deterioration and failure in banking of financial activities thereby revising of the gains made in the past.
1.3 PURPOSE/OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
Financial institutions have been identified as the catalyst for or meaningful economic transformation of the country. This is no doubt that financial institutions are important sector in the economy of Nigeria financial institutions encountered a lot of financial mismanagement lending to incapacities. These area problem that associated with the interior operators i.e. the managers, accountants, cashiers etc.
I am strongly believe that if the cause of financial mismanagement in financial institutions and its effects and set of people it affect, is identified, it will give way for easy and smoothes eradication or control in these institutions, its effect such as banks, stock exchange market, capital market etc. So as to achieve its objectives and aims in life. It provides machinery for which medium and long term funds are mobilized and made available to business, government and individual. It is in video of this that I have taken up this course of study to examine thoroughly the cause of this financial mismanagement as well as its effects and the people it affected and how it affects them.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
H0: financial mismanagement does not have any effect on the deposition rate of the banks
H1: financial mismanagement does have any effect on the deposition rate of the banks.
H02: there is no significant relationship between financial mismanagement and efficiency in service in Nigeria
H2: there is a significant relationship between financial mismanagement and efficiency in service in Nigeria
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work is centered in causes and effect of mismanagement in financial institution. The significance of this research are:
1. It will enable the research ascertain the remote and immediate problems involved in the mismanagement on financial institution.
2. Another essence of the researcher, is that the mismanagement on financial institutions in the country and its environment and the people of Nigeria as a whole will know the problems that had been militating against the effective and efficient of mismanagement in financial institution in the respective states or country.
3. The result of this study will inevitably lead to a decrease in the mismanagement in financial institutions.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Management: This simple means the controlled or deal with private, public or business affairs badly, unskillfully that will make them inability to meet their obligations.
Financial: This deals with, or relating to money, services, institutions, advice, assistance, support etc.
Institution: This means a large, important organization or typical feature of a society or group that has a particular purpose. Examples like banking, university etc.
1.7 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A STUDY INTO THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM ON DETECTION AND PREVENTION OF FRAUD IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY» ABSTRACT The study into the impact of internal control system on detection and prevention of frud in the banking industry tends to investigate the pro...Continue Reading »
2. PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT AND ITS IMPACT ON PROFITABILITY LEVEL OF BANK IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The first bank as a commercial bank is a profit making organization it’s objective include prof...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATE THE IMPACTS OF CYBER CRIMES ON THE E-BANKING CHANNELS IN NIGERIA ( A CASE STUDY OF ECOBANK OF NIGERIA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of study Recognizable proof of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) as a fundamental device for reaso...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF ELECTRONIC BANKING IN NIGERIA BANKING SYSTEM (CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF DIAMOND BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study The new millennium brought with it new possibilities in terms of information access and availabi...Continue Reading »
5. LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING SECTOR (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC, ENUGU MAIN BRANCH AND ZENITH BANK PLC, OKPARA AVENUE ,...» ABSTRACTBanking business is a very risky business. The operation of banks include; the mobilization of deposit and the extension of credit. A bank can...Continue Reading »
6. THE CAPITAL MARKET AND THE CHALLENGES OF REAL SECTOR FINANCING IN NIGERIA. (A STUDY OF THE PERIOD 2000-2009)» A B S T R A C T This research work evaluates the effectiveness of the capital market in the mobilization and allocation of funds to productive sectors...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before the emergence of modern banking system, banking operation was manually done which lead to a slow down i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY With the existence of so many banks and establishment of new ones into the banking industry, the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The banking system plays a fundamental role in the growth and development of any economy. In fact...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In its broadest terms, fraud means obtaining of something of value through deception. If fraud we...Continue Reading »