Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Treasury function emerged as a result of the sophistication of banks. After the recapitalization of banks capital to N25 billion in 31 December, 2005 due to increasing competition, Banks have initiated lots of product to enhance their treasury function, knowing that treasury product which is an important aspect of banking activities especially as Banks operate at the short end of the financial market known as money market. Indeed treasury function is a critical tool for controlling liquidity. Interest rate and off balance-sheet risks, loans deposits, borrowed fund pricing and the execution of assets and liability management policies.
Management of bank treasury comprises fund acquisition, investment in marketable securities, hedging and the management of the bank’s reserve account at the central bank. for a bank to be remain profitable and also be able to manage their liquidity position, such bank should develop treasury management strategies needed to compete with other banks in the industries, they should also develop and market new treasury product which will enhance their liquidity and profitability position.
Banks when trying to manage its treasure products faced many challenges which may come from customer when deciding on going to the other bank that they can understand their treasury product or collect prime interest rate. Other challenges may be from the regulatory authorities (CBN) by trying to regulate the liquidity position of commercial bank initial new policy guidelines which all banks must comply with.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
The treasury management and inadequate liquidity has recorded some initial failure on Banks.
The evolution of Union Bank Plc to make phenomenal profit, by making them to be careless or resources utilization and particularly their treasure management.
The inadequacy for the management strategies holding by banks.
The inability of the Union Bank Plc and UBA Bank Plc to fulfil both its short and long term obligation, it is based on the management of liquidity.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The under-listed point generally make up the objectives of the study, they are as follows:
1. To investigate the various techniques to treasury management in UBA Plc and Union Bank Plc and also identify peculiar problems in the management of treasury products.
2. To find out, it the banks have initiated new strategies in marketing and management of their treasury products.
3. To find out the challenges encountered by banks in managing their treasury.
4. To find out how the banks are monitored and supervised on CBN general policy guidelines.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research question for this work is stated below:
1. Can management of bank treasury be a critical tool for controlling it’s liquidity?
2. Does management of the bank’s reserve account at CBN means managing the bank’s balances in required reserve account?
3. Can marketing of bank treasury product be an important aspect of banking activities?
4. Is new products developments the basic funding strategies in banking?
5. Can management of bank treasury help in economic development?
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
Ho: There is no relationship between the commercial bank total assist and her level of profitability.
HA: There is relationship between the commercial bank total asset and her level of profitability.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between a treasury management and bank investment.
HA: There is significant relationship between a treasury management and bank investment.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Treasury function which is the critical tools used by Banks to manage their liquidity position, will help the banks to be able to know the new strategies used by their competitors to manage their treasure products.
It will also help the regulatory authority (CBN) to regulate the monetary policy thereby enhancing economic development.
Academically, it will be one of the sources through which student and or researcher would understand the difference forms of treasury, products, the strategies used by banks to manage their treasury effectively and efficiently, and also help them to do more research work on management of bank treasury.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The researcher intends to know how the banking industry management their treasury function because treasury management which is known as the critical tool used by banks to management their liquidity position. By knowing when to invest short, medium or long – term and also the amount of cash to reserve in their vault.
In carrying out this research work, the researcher will specialize in two Banks i.e. Union Plc and UBA Plc as areas covered in this research work, which the finding, conclusion and recommendation will cover the entire system.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
One of the major limitation is time constraint since the project is expected to be completed within a short period of month.
Another limitation is lack of statistical data and literature to review for the project work financially constraints is also one of the limitations.
Furthermore, because of oath of secrecy sworn by the bank officials and fear of divulging vital information to their competitors, some staff members of Union bank and UBA Plc found it difficult to release necessary information for this work. This did not , in any way affect the validity and reliability of this project because the researcher painstakingly ensure that all relevant fact on ground were investigated.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Analysis: To study in detail by breaking it down into various parts, to submit s to certain test order to identify its constituents to break up into its simplest element.
Bank: This is a financial institutions that provides banking service.
Control: A credit policy package should have in build monitoring device for comparing the actual result with the policy guidelines. This can be achieved by specifying a number of commercial returns to be rendered periodically.
Comparative: Having to do with comparison or comparing what is similar and different in two or more branches of knowledge measured or judged by company.
Hypothesis: This is an assumption, which the person carrying out an investigation on a particular to made ahead of time, before embarking on the investigation. The hypothesis could be negative or alternative (positive) hypothesis.
Management: This simply means getting things done through other people.
Policy Guideline: This is the totality of the rules, procedures and processes, which the management and bank adopts to guide them in their duties.
Target Market: This refers to care customers of the bank.
9. Loan: A loan is a credit facility extended by one party (Lender) to another party (borrower), subjected to specific terms and condition agreed to both partie
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» This study examined the Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility on Nigeria Economic Growth over the period of 29 years (1987 2015). Secondary data source w...Continue Reading »
2. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF MICROFINANCE ON TECHNICAL EFFICIENCY OF SOME COMMERCIAL CROPS IN NIGER STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study was designed to carry out an assessment of the impact of microfinance on technical efficiency of some commercial crops in Niger Sta...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The banking system plays a fundamental role in the growth and development of any economy. In fact...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A bank could be described as a major financial institution which include finance houses, insuranc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY. In Nigeria Commercial Banking date back to 1894 when the Bank of British West Africa (BBWA) was ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OFF THE STUDY Information is a critical resource in the operation and management of organization. The informat...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research was carried out to find out the Impact of Industrial Training on Banking and Finance Students of I.M.T. Enugu. The project was ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Bank service delivery is concerned with the provision of quality services to customers. Obviously...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF INTERNAL CONTROLS ON REVENUE GENERATION: A CASE STUDY OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI ENTERPRISE AND SERVICES LIMITED» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the StudyThe rapidly changing economic and competitive environments, shifting customer demands and priorities...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The name Bank is derived from the Italian word banco “desk/bench” used during the Rena...Continue Reading »