The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 61 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
According to Adekunle (2005), the importance of the Small Scale Enterprises to Economic development of any country whether developing or developed cannot be overemphasized. Small Scale Enterprises considered to be one of the driving forces in economic development. They stimulate private ownership and Entrepreneurship skill, they are feasible and can adapt quickly to changing market, demand and supply situations they also generate employment, help diversity economic activities and make significant contribution to expert and trade. According to the guidelines for accessing credit facilities for Small Scale Enterprises in Nigeria by R.K. Moruku (2002), “There is potential in Small Scale Enterprises to create employment, reduce underemployment and poverty, and utilize local raw materials output expansion and transformation of indigenous technology. Others are those to reduce intermediate goods, promote even development and reduce income inequalities. Thus, they constitute a strategic choice in industrialization and economic development, even served as a new development aid model. In view of growing unemployment and poverty including the working poor in Nigeria, the indignity poverty inflicts on and threat to the survival of human kind, no efforts should be spared in nurturing, supporting and sustaining Small Scale Enterprises in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The economy at present needs diversification and expansion. Despite the fact that government goals of encouraging economic growth along with decreasing employment and providing a well-trainedlabour force have been activity pursued since the re-construction period of the civil war and the oil boom era. The nation however is still losing grounds in the area of unemployment, inflation, economic stagnation and over/under supply of skilled labour force. In Nigeria expects to solve HS social economic problem in efficiency; it must take a critical look at the development of the Small-Scale business because of this development sector can be synonymous with national economic growth. The emphasis on the small business sector, was not encouraged until recently and this changing emphasis was caused by some setbacks presented by other sectors of the economy. It has been discovered that the public sector alone failed to significantly encourage economic growth. This recognition informed the need of desire to examine critically the impact of Small–Scale Enterprises financing in improving the socio- economic wellbeing of the Nigerian people.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this research is to investigate the impact of Small Scale Enterprises financing in improving the socio economic wellbeing of the Delta State. The objective of this study can be clearly set below:
i) To show the role of Small Scale Enterprises financing.
ii) To show the problems encountered in financing small scale enterprises.
iii) To the prospects of small scale enterprises financing.
iv) v) To identify the feature as well as the source of capital for small scale enterprises.
vi) To show the activities of these enterprises in terms of revenue generation. vii) To make valuable recommendation useful to policy makers based on the findings of this study.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The hypothesis that are to be tested in this study are now stated as follows: H0: The government do not contribute to the socio economic well-being of the Nigeria people
H1: That government contributes to the socio economic well-being of the Nigeria people
H0: The educational level does not affects diversification of business interest. H2: The educational level affects diversification of business interest.
H0: The establishment do not source for credit facilities from financial institutions.
H3: The establishment source for credit facilities from financial institutions.
1.5 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
This research has great importance for all enterprises such that:
• It will enable Small-Scale Enterprises operator to know their impact on the socio-economic well-being of the Nigerian people.
• This study will also guide the operation of most large and Small – Scale Enterprises (publicly and privately owned) and since most public companies are now being, privatized, this paper will be of immense help in their dealing with Small Scale Enterprises.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATIONOF THE STUDY
This study will cover number of Small – Scale enterprises from 2000 – 2004 owned and operated by Nigerians who are single owners. Directory of small – scale enterprises in Delta State in 2000 by the state ministry of commerce and industry, Asaba outlined some enterprises in Delta State. Thus this research is restricted to selected Small – Scale enterprises in Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State such as Pazuka Enterprises Nigeria involves in a soap making, Pakan Universal Agencies Nigeria, involved in poultry rearing, Vicmiliorganization involved in bakery, Lucky group of designers involved in garri processing, Iweka wood workers involved in furniture making etc. This research will also deal with the impact of small – scale enterprises financing in improving the socio-economic well-being of the Nigerian people.
This work will also look at how banks help to finance small – scale enterprises activities of those business in terms of revenue generation and employment and income accruing to the owners. There were certain limitation that the search encountered in the course of carrying out his study. They include;
• Financial constraints which limited the scope of this study on the ministry of commerce and industry, Asaba and Banks.
• Another problem is time constraints, a research of this nature which is expected to reduce for researching result would certainly have required a lot of time to make an in-debt look at personal observation possible. However since the work has to be submitted within a specific time, I had to combine lectures, semester course work and examination with research work.
• Another limitation borders on poor response from small-scale enterprises business owner and large earners (employees)
• This is because of the non- challant attitude of small-scale industry owners to disclose relevant information about their business for fear of tax collectors. Despite the limitations mentioned above, great efforts have been made by researchers to collect comprehensive information from few Small – Scale enterprises necessary for the study. The study should therefore be assessed in the light of the said scope and limitations.
1.7 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
Impact: To have strong impression or effect on something. Impression could be positive or negative and effect could be positive or negative.
Small – Scale enterprises: Small – Scale enterprises comprises those enterprises with total cost inclusive of land of above one million (N1, 000 000.00) and having manpower strength (labour size) of 14 and 35 workers according to E. E. Ohibundu (2002) on Industrial trends and opportunities on page 34.
Financing: Financing is the efficient and effective allocation of resources with a view of maximizing the shareholder’s wealth.
Improving: Advancing to a higher level. Socio Economic: Control and management of a community, society or household. Economic/Psychological: To have a sense of well-being or a state of being healthy and happy.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), statement of problem, objectives of the study, research question, significance or the study, research methodology, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlight the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria is once again on the roller caster of a new clinche “2010” with health care reform as...Continue Reading »
29 pages | 127 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
2. EVALUATION OF BANK LENDING PRACTICES AND CREDIT MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK, CALABAR)» ABSTRACT The recapitalization of the banking sector in Nigeria since 2005 has brought about a total change in commercial bank lending behavior and cre...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 218 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
» [A CASE STUDY OF AFRIBANK NIGERIAL PLC]ABSTRACT The objective of this study is to evaluate agricultural loan disbursement and repayment in the Nigeria...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 62 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Small and medium scaled businesses (SME) are businesses whose personnel numbers fall below certai...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 219 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
5. IMPACT OF COMPUTERISATION IN BANKING SECTOR: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED COMMERCIAL BANK IN ABUJA UBA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Today’s business environment is very dynamic and undergoes rapid changes as a result of technol...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 83 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
6. EFFECTS OF STAFF PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL ON THE ACHIEVEMENT OF ORGANISATIONAL GOALS IN THE FIRST BANK PLC (FIRST BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT The study was designed to assess the impact of the Staff Performance Appraisal System of First Bank Plc, a case study of Uyo Branch. Specific...Continue Reading »
146 pages | 27 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
» ACRONYMS BCC Branch Credit Committee BOD Board of Directors CAD Cash against Document CEO Chief Executive Officer CIC Credit Information Centre DLL Di...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 69 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
8. ANALYSIS OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ON BANKING SERVICES DELIVERY (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK ENUGU)» ABSTRACTThe objective of the research study is to find out effectiveness of information technology in banking system delivery, in carrying out this pr...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 161 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
» (A Case Study of Access Bank Plc, Kaduna)CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In a modern economic system, there is distinction betwee...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 51 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
10. A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF THE USE OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT IN ASSESSING THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (UNION BANK)» CHAPTER ONE INTRUDUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY A farmer, who plants corps, expects result, similarly to student who sits for examination expects res...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 157 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE