Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
One of the major problems confronting the Nigerian banking industry today is the increasing incidence of loan defaults and consequent loan losses which manifested on the profitability of the banks, with huge uncollectible loans and advances. This study therefore, examines the effects of loans and advances on the profitability of Nigerian banks.
The methodology used in the research includes secondary sources and primary sources of data collection. The data collected were analyzed using Correlation Coefficient, Pearson Product Moment Correlation and other statistical tools to establish trends and relationship between the variables. Furthermore, graphs were used in the interpretation of the data collected.
The study found out that at 5 percent level of significant; the calculated value of z is grater than the tabulated value in most of the banks considered in the
study. Therefore, this leads to the results that there is significant effect between loans and advances and its profitability. In order words this means that there is a significant effect between the way the banks manage their credits portfolio and the profitability of the banks.
It is the recommendation of the study that there is the need for a strong internal control system to strengthen the credit policy on the management of the banks’ credit facility. This involves the need for thorough checking of loan applications at various stages of granting loans and advances in the banks. Furthermore, banks must ensure strict tradeoff between their liquidity and profitability. This will ensure strict compliance with the money being kept by the banks and the amount granted for loans and advances.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN EMPIRICAL STUDY OF THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN SMALL SCALE ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT IN ENUGU STATE (CASE STUDY OF UBA AND UNION BANK OF NIG...» ABSTRACT The subject matter of this research work is to evaluate the extent to which Small Scale entrepreneurs in Enugu have been able to obtain loans...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 408 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM AND PURPOSE OF STUDY The purpose of this study is to known the roles central bank of Nigeria will performing ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 192 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Growth is necessary to determine the performance and continuity of any business organization. Without...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 560 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
4. EFFECT OF DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS CREDIT SUPPLY FACTORS ON PRIVATE SECTOR CREDIT FINANCING IN NIGERIA» Abstract The study examined theEffect of Deposit Money Banks (DMBs) Specific Credit Supply Factors on Private Sector Credit Financing in Nigeria. The ...Continue Reading »
99 pages | 57 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
5. BANK’S CREDIT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF MANUFACTURING SECTOR IN NIGERIA (CASE STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT This study considers bank credit as it influences the performance of the Manufacturing Sectors (Component) in Nigeria. Bank credit from this ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 384 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
6. THE IMPACT OF MICROFINANCE BANKS ON THE GROWTH OF SMALL AND MEDUIM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN ILORIN METROLIS» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The development of the various sectors of any economy is the basis for its survival, different meas...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 379 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study "No well to do institute leaves the teaching of its business techniques to the traditional method...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 325 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Secretaries are not born but made, although there are people with the potential of becoming good,...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 67 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
9. THE DETERMINANTS OF COMMERCIAL BANK DEPOSITS IN NIGERIA 1989 - 2007: A STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC» ABSTRACT The study focused on factors which affect the deposit mobilization operations of commercial banks in Nigeria, particularly the Union Bank of ...Continue Reading »
112 pages | 137 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The banking industry is the live wire or the equivalent to the central nervous system of the huma...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 197 hits | Source: BANKING FINANCE