Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Dioscorea bulbifera is a major stable food crop which is a species of yam widely distributed around the world in tropical and subtropical regions. Dioscorea bulbifera have been traditionally used to lower glycemic index, thus providing a more sustained form of energy and better protection against obesity and diabetics, it also has anti-cancer properties. The present study was undertaken to investigate the nutritional profile and phytochemical screening of Discorea bulbifera. Which contain protein 7.47%, moisture 14.74%, ash 2.56%, fiber 0.35%, carbohydrate 73.62%. It also show the presence of some minerals like, Ca, Mg, K, P, and Na with some phytochemical analysis like saponin, tannin, flavoured and alkaloids.
Dioscorea bulbifera is a species of yam, it is one of the early foods, it was extensively cultivated and used by the generation of individual as an house hold name, means of survival, medicine and food etc. with different method of cooking, some roast, boil, and eat with oil and condiment, depending an individual. It has been agreed upon that people of old leave longer and the healthy, in respective of their none exposure, low health care system, poor sanitation and hygiene than the present century, even with all these facility close to our door step yet many fall appeal to various type of sickness and many wonder why?
An evaluation on the kind o food people of old depend on was found out to be the secret in other to verify, and confirm. (Oke, 1990). The most common tubers that were feed on by the old was picked and worked on. This was to check for the nutritive value, importance and uses of the aerial yam. Surprisingly most people dose not know such yam exist, and it is rarely sold in market. Only few people in this part of the eastern land still cultivate this yam species because of the value and importance.
This study is to help you found at the nutritive content of the aerial yam being one of the food eaten by people of the old which is their secret for healthy living and to inspire many people to revisit most the crop being cultivated and harvested by people of old and more light should be thrown on them.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTS OF OIL EXPLOITATION ON THE EFFICIENCY OF ARTISANAL FISHING HOUSEHOLDS IN THE NIGER DELTA REGION, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study presents the empirical analysis of the effects of oil exploitation on the efficiency of artisanal fishing households in the Niger ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria is endowed with natural resources, large fertile farmland, wide range of crops, and river amo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTCheese, a popular food across many cultures has been subject of many studies. It’s of many variants, providing huge nutritional value to hum...Continue Reading »
4. ECONOMICS OF SIZE IN IRRIGATED TOMATO (Lycopersicum esculentum Mill) PRODUCTION UNDER KANO RIVER IRRIGATION PROJECT (KRIP) PHASE I, KANO STATE, NIGERI...» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to examine the economics of size in irrigated tomato production under Kano river irrigation project (KRI...Continue Reading »
5. ANALYSIS OF LIVELIHOOD DIVERSIFICATION BY FARMING HOUSEHOLDS IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Thisstudy focused on analyse of livelihood diversification by farming households in Kachia, Kagarko and Jaba Local Government areas of Kaduna...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Agriculture has been identified as the primary and biggest source of income in rural communities ...Continue Reading »
7. COMPARATIVE ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF FARO-54 AND NERICA-1 RICE PRODUCTION IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS, NIGER STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study evaluates comparative economic analysis of FARO 54 and NERICA 1 rice production in Niger State, Nigeria. Primary datawere collected...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Sugarcane (Saccharum Officinaum) is one of the most important crop in the world because of its st...Continue Reading »
9. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF CATFISH PRODUCTION IN KUJE AREA COUNCIL OF THE FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY, ABUJA, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The increase in human population coupled with large numbers of undernourished people, especially ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to analyse Raphia palm wine (RPW) marketing in South South Nigeria (SSN). The specific objectives were t...Continue Reading »