Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Dioscorea bulbifera is a major stable food crop which is a species of yam widely distributed around the world in tropical and subtropical regions. Dioscorea bulbifera have been traditionally used to lower glycemic index, thus providing a more sustained form of energy and better protection against obesity and diabetics, it also has anti-cancer properties. The present study was undertaken to investigate the nutritional profile and phytochemical screening of Discorea bulbifera. Which contain protein 7.47%, moisture 14.74%, ash 2.56%, fiber 0.35%, carbohydrate 73.62%. It also show the presence of some minerals like, Ca, Mg, K, P, and Na with some phytochemical analysis like saponin, tannin, flavoured and alkaloids.
Dioscorea bulbifera is a species of yam, it is one of the early foods, it was extensively cultivated and used by the generation of individual as an house hold name, means of survival, medicine and food etc. with different method of cooking, some roast, boil, and eat with oil and condiment, depending an individual. It has been agreed upon that people of old leave longer and the healthy, in respective of their none exposure, low health care system, poor sanitation and hygiene than the present century, even with all these facility close to our door step yet many fall appeal to various type of sickness and many wonder why?
An evaluation on the kind o food people of old depend on was found out to be the secret in other to verify, and confirm. (Oke, 1990). The most common tubers that were feed on by the old was picked and worked on. This was to check for the nutritive value, importance and uses of the aerial yam. Surprisingly most people dose not know such yam exist, and it is rarely sold in market. Only few people in this part of the eastern land still cultivate this yam species because of the value and importance.
This study is to help you found at the nutritive content of the aerial yam being one of the food eaten by people of the old which is their secret for healthy living and to inspire many people to revisit most the crop being cultivated and harvested by people of old and more light should be thrown on them.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. STATEMENT OF PROBLEM. The problem of low productivity and lack of improvement in agriculture has been traced to various ...Continue Reading »
1,010 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACTThis project work is designed to find out appraisal of problems and prospect of peasant farming in Uhunmwonde Local Government Area of Edo Sta...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 144 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT The study examined the climate change (climate change extreme events and household climate change adaptation practice) effects on the food se...Continue Reading »
152 pages | 464 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
4. EFFECT OF BILLBOARD ADVERTISING ON CONSUMERS PATRONAGE OF COCACOLA PRODUCT (A STUDY OF CONSUMERS IN UYO METROPOLIS)» ABSTRACT The main of objective of the research work the effect of billboard advertising on consumers’ patronage of Coca Cola product is to exami...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 740 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
5. ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF THE ADOPTION OF EARLY MAIZE TECHNOLOGY ON PRODUCTIVITY AND FOOD SECURITY STATUS OF THE FARMERS IN GWAGWALADA AND KUJE AREA C...» ABSTRACT The study examined the impact of the adoption of early maize technology on productivity and food security status of farmers in Gwagwalada and...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 80 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
6. LIVELIHOOD DIVERSIFICATION UTILIZED BY RURAL DWELLERS IN NSIT IBOM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT Comparative Analysis compares two or more languages with common descent from a shared ancestor feature by feature, in order to extrapolate ba...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 225 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
7. A COMPARATIVE PROFITABILITY ANALYSIS OF BROILER PRODUCTION SYSTEMS IN URBAN AREAS OF EDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACTBroiler production is carried out under different production systems and different production systems imply variations in cost of inputs andre...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 610 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
8. GROWTH PERFORMANCE OF BROILER CHICKENS FED WITH MILLET AND CASSAVAPEELING AS A REPLACEMENT FOR OTHER BROILERS FEED» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to determine the growth performance of broiler fed with millet and cassava peelingas a replacement for maize, as we...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 365 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Sugarcane (Saccharum Officinaum) is one of the most important crop in the world because of its st...Continue Reading »
46 pages | 141 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT d' This study dealt on the economic analysis of ginger (Zirrgiher. qf~cinnleIi) marketing in Kaduna State, Nigeria. The specific objectives w...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 192 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS