Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Dioscorea bulbifera is a major stable food crop which is a species of yam widely distributed around the world in tropical and subtropical regions. Dioscorea bulbifera have been traditionally used to lower glycemic index, thus providing a more sustained form of energy and better protection against obesity and diabetics, it also has anti-cancer properties. The present study was undertaken to investigate the nutritional profile and phytochemical screening of Discorea bulbifera. Which contain protein 7.47%, moisture 14.74%, ash 2.56%, fiber 0.35%, carbohydrate 73.62%. It also show the presence of some minerals like, Ca, Mg, K, P, and Na with some phytochemical analysis like saponin, tannin, flavoured and alkaloids.
Dioscorea bulbifera is a species of yam, it is one of the early foods, it was extensively cultivated and used by the generation of individual as an house hold name, means of survival, medicine and food etc. with different method of cooking, some roast, boil, and eat with oil and condiment, depending an individual. It has been agreed upon that people of old leave longer and the healthy, in respective of their none exposure, low health care system, poor sanitation and hygiene than the present century, even with all these facility close to our door step yet many fall appeal to various type of sickness and many wonder why?
An evaluation on the kind o food people of old depend on was found out to be the secret in other to verify, and confirm. (Oke, 1990). The most common tubers that were feed on by the old was picked and worked on. This was to check for the nutritive value, importance and uses of the aerial yam. Surprisingly most people dose not know such yam exist, and it is rarely sold in market. Only few people in this part of the eastern land still cultivate this yam species because of the value and importance.
This study is to help you found at the nutritive content of the aerial yam being one of the food eaten by people of the old which is their secret for healthy living and to inspire many people to revisit most the crop being cultivated and harvested by people of old and more light should be thrown on them.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. GROWTH PERFORMANCE OF BROILER CHICKENS FED WITH MILLET AND CASSAVAPEELING AS A REPLACEMENT FOR OTHER BROILERS FEED» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to determine the growth performance of broiler fed with millet and cassava peelingas a replacement for maize, as we...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of agricultural development on Nigeria’s economic growth (1980 2013) while the specific objectives were ...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTIVENESS OF THE USE OF LOCAL SANCTIONS BY SMALLHOLDER FARMERS IN AGRICULTURAL LOAN RECOVERY UNDER THE COMMUNITY BANKING SYSTEM IN ENUGU STATE,...» ABSTRACT Distress problems in .Nigerian financial institutions resulted into their liquidation. Prior to the distress syndrome, many financial institu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to examine the Economics of Sesame Production among small holder famers in Benue State, Nigeria. Specifi...Continue Reading »
5. THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR AS THE KEY TO THE DIVERSIFICATION OF THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY FOR SUSTANABLE DEVELOPMENT» ABSTRACT With the recent and continued fluctuations in the international price of crude oil, lack of diversification of the Nigerian economy has led t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study focused on the Effects of Climate on revenue from Oil Palm Production in Southern Nigeria. The broad objective was to examine the e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT 1. The food crises in Niger are structural, mainly related to the performance of the agricultural sector. The agricultural sector is dominant...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The agricultural sector, as importance as it is exposed to extremely high degree of disk arising out of natural factors like weather conditio...Continue Reading »
9. ADOPTION OF RECOMMENDED MANAGEMENT PRACTICES FOR QUAIL PRODUCTION IN GWALE AND KANO MUNICIPAL LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KANO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The Studyassessed the adoption of recommended management practices for quail production in two selected Local Government Areas (Kano municipa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPETR ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is said that to mange on organization is to manage its future. How can the future be managemen...Continue Reading »