Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Dioscorea bulbifera is a major stable food crop which is a species of yam widely distributed around the world in tropical and subtropical regions. Dioscorea bulbifera have been traditionally used to lower glycemic index, thus providing a more sustained form of energy and better protection against obesity and diabetics, it also has anti-cancer properties. The present study was undertaken to investigate the nutritional profile and phytochemical screening of Discorea bulbifera. Which contain protein 7.47%, moisture 14.74%, ash 2.56%, fiber 0.35%, carbohydrate 73.62%. It also show the presence of some minerals like, Ca, Mg, K, P, and Na with some phytochemical analysis like saponin, tannin, flavoured and alkaloids.
Dioscorea bulbifera is a species of yam, it is one of the early foods, it was extensively cultivated and used by the generation of individual as an house hold name, means of survival, medicine and food etc. with different method of cooking, some roast, boil, and eat with oil and condiment, depending an individual. It has been agreed upon that people of old leave longer and the healthy, in respective of their none exposure, low health care system, poor sanitation and hygiene than the present century, even with all these facility close to our door step yet many fall appeal to various type of sickness and many wonder why?
An evaluation on the kind o food people of old depend on was found out to be the secret in other to verify, and confirm. (Oke, 1990). The most common tubers that were feed on by the old was picked and worked on. This was to check for the nutritive value, importance and uses of the aerial yam. Surprisingly most people dose not know such yam exist, and it is rarely sold in market. Only few people in this part of the eastern land still cultivate this yam species because of the value and importance.
This study is to help you found at the nutritive content of the aerial yam being one of the food eaten by people of the old which is their secret for healthy living and to inspire many people to revisit most the crop being cultivated and harvested by people of old and more light should be thrown on them.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF PARTICIPATORY POVERTY REDUCTION THROUGH WATER DELIVERY SUPPORT OF LOCAL EMPOWERMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROJECT (LEEMP) IN RURA...» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to evaluate Participatory Poverty Reduction by Utilization of Water Delivery of Local Empowerment and Environmental ...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF TOTAL REPLACEMENT OF FISHMEAL WITH POULTRY HATCHERY WASTE MEAL IN THE DIET OF AFRICAN CATFISH (Clarias gariepinus) FINGERLINGS» ABSTRACT This study examined the total replacement of fishmeal (FM) with poultry hatchery waste meal (PHWM) in practical diets for African catfish (Cl...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATION OF NON-WOOD FOREST PRODUCTS (NWFPs) TO FARM HOUSEHOLD’S INCOME AND FOOD SECURITY IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study analyzed the contributions of plant and animal species of Non Wood Forest Products (NWFPs) to farm household’s income and foo...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The research work on the topic “improving Agricultural production through co operative (A case study of Ndokwa West L. G. A Delta State...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of agricultural development on Nigeria’s economic growth (1980 2013) while the specific objectives were ...Continue Reading »
6. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF PLANTAIN PRODUCTION IN SAGBAMA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BAYELSA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study investigated the profitability and efficiency of plantain production in Sagbama Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, Nigeria. A ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to analyze the economics of soil conservation practices in Enugu State. This study employed multistage r...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study investigated the Effects of Poverty on the Risk Attitudes of Farmers in Benue State, Nigeria. Nigeria has remained one of the poore...Continue Reading »
9. PERFORMANCE OF FOREST MANAGEMENT COMMITTEES IN THE MANAGEMENT OF FOREST WOOD TREES IN CROSS RIVER STATE» ABSTRACT Out of all the forests and forest reserves in Nigeria that remained relatively undisturbed, significant portions of them have been lost in th...Continue Reading »
10. ANALYSIS OF LIVELIHOOD DIVERSIFICATION BY FARMING HOUSEHOLDS IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Thisstudy focused on analyse of livelihood diversification by farming households in Kachia, Kagarko and Jaba Local Government areas of Kaduna...Continue Reading »