Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 61 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The potential to increase the production of tomato is dependent on its marketability. Factor that determine the marketability of a product include eating habits, knowledge, resources and tomato consumers preference of tomato. This study examined the factors that determine the price of tomato in the market. Primary data were used in the study. The analytical technique employed includes the descriptive statistics, the regression, marketing margin and marketing efficiency. The primary data were collected with the use of well structure questionnaires from 120 respondents. The study revealed that 82.8% of the respondents are female from the sample survey, 95.7% are married and age ranges from 21-40 years and 41-60 years. Most of the respondents have no formal education and primary education with a corresponding percentage 30.2% and 36.2% respectively. The household size ranges from between 1-10 with a percentage of 89.7. The study revealed also that there are variation in the price of tomato over time which was determined by the quantity purchased and amount purchased. The prices are at their highest peak in August and lowest in March. The study revealed that lack of good transportation; good storage facilities and high taxation from government affect the prices of tomato. The shelf life of four days and above e.t.c. when purchasing tomato, consumers prefer UTC variety because of long shell life and quality taste. The regression analysis also revealed that quantity purchased and amount purchased both measured in kilogram and naira respectively determined the variability of tomato price in the market.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTCheese, a popular food across many cultures has been subject of many studies. It’s of many variants, providing huge nutritional value to hum...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 196 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
2. IDENTIFICATION AND ASSESMENT OF INSECT PESTS CAUSING FRUIT DROP ON Citrus sinensis L. OSBECK AND THEIR MANAGEMENT IN BENUE STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Identification and assessment of insect pests causing fruit drop on Citrus sinensis L. Osbeck and their management was carried out in Benue S...Continue Reading »
152 pages | 393 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» Abstract Agriculture is a panacea for economic growth (Myrdal, 1897). The battle for long run economic growth is either won or lost in the agricultura...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 212 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
4. EFFECT OF TOTAL REPLACEMENT OF FISHMEAL WITH POULTRY HATCHERY WASTE MEAL IN THE DIET OF AFRICAN CATFISH (Clarias gariepinus) FINGERLINGS» ABSTRACT This study examined the total replacement of fishmeal (FM) with poultry hatchery waste meal (PHWM) in practical diets for African catfish (Cl...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 448 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria is largest oil exporting country in Africa and has a rapidly growing economy. The country...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 227 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT The study investigated the Effects of Poverty on the Risk Attitudes of Farmers in Benue State, Nigeria. Nigeria has remained one of the poore...Continue Reading »
112 pages | 627 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the StudyThe Internet revolution was really about people customer and fundamental shift of market power from ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 558 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
8. THE APPLICATION OF COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY ON THE INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM AS A PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENT STRATEGY IN NIYYA FARMS NIGERIA LIMITED KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE CASE STUDY The advent of computer technology has boost production of both domestic and industrial activitie...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 90 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
9. EFFECT OF WORLD BANK ASSISTED COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT ON RICE FARMERS’ PRODUCTIVITY AND PROFITABILITY IN BADAGRY LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT This research work evaluated the effect of the World Bank Assisted Commercial Agricultural Development Project on rice farmers’ product...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 232 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE CASE STUDY The advent of computer technology has boost production of both domestic and industrial activitie...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 225 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS