The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 41 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Over the years Nigeria is a country known for their interest in agriculture especially fish production; among other agricultural products, fish production tend to be one of the most revenue generating section of the agricultural sector in Nigeria.
According to (Ugwumba and chukwudi, 2010) stated that the growth of a country’s population goes hand in hand with the demand for human basic needs of life; some of these basic needs includes food, water and shelter as the case maybe with unrestricted increase in demand for protein rich food items from animals.
According to (FAO, 2014) stated that never before have people consumed so much fish or depended so much on the this sector for their well-being because it is kind of cheaper than other protein sources.
FAO, 2014 also stated that in 2012, aquaculture recorded all time production high production of fish and now provides almost half of all fishes for human food.
According to (Emmanuel et al, 2014) stated that in Nigeria today, the current structure and demand for fish is about three to four times the level of local production. Aquaculture, an aspect of fisheries which is an integral part of agriculture has become the major source of revenue for the Nigeria thereby increase the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) and also help solve the problem of unemployment in Nigeria for our teeming youth if adequately managed.
The production of fish is the most common form of aquaculture. It involves raising fish commercially in tanks, it can also be in ponds, ocean enclose usually for food.
Take Nigeria for instance the most important species of fish used in farming and fish production is the Tilapia fish, clarid catfishes and carp as the case maybe.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PRODUCTION
Fish farming in Nigeria today tend to be on the increase, but there are some factors limiting the efficiency of fish production in Nigeria, some of these factors include poor storage facilities, lack of capital to start up fish production. Another factor that is affecting to efficiency of fish production in Nigeria is oil spillage; oil spillage is one of the major factor affecting to fish production in Nigeria; most of the fishes in the river are dead especially for those living in the Nigeria delta region of Nigeria. What really instigated the study economic analysis of fish farming in Nigeria is due to malnutrition; the research good life, the search for food with high protein content is on the high side due to low production of protein contained food especially animal protein.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to examine the effect fish production on the economy of Nigeria. The specific objective of the study as stated as follows:
1. To examine the relationship between fish production and the economic growth of Nigeria
2. To investigate on the factors affecting production in Nigeria
3. To examine the role of Aquaculture in the socio economic development of Nigeria through revenue generation
4. To discuss the economic benefit of fish production in Nigeria
5. To examine the relationship between fish production and the rate of unemployment in Nigeria
6. To proffer recommendation for problem discovered during the research work
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
The study came up with the following research question in order to ascertain the object of the study. Some of the research questions are stated below as follows:
1. Is there any relationship between fish production and the economic growth of Nigeria?
2. What are the factors affecting production in Nigeria?
3. What are the roles of Aquaculture in the socio economic development of Nigeria through revenue generation?
4. What are the economic benefits of fish production in Nigeria?
5. Is there any relationship between fish production and the rate of unemployment in Nigeria?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: There is no significant relationship between fish production and profitability
H1: There is significant relationship between fish production and the profitability
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study will be of immense benefit the federal government of Nigeria, the state government, the citizen of Nigeria, the fish production sectors, and other researchers that wishes to carry out a similar research on the above topic as it will discuss the concept of fish production, the factors affect the efficiency of fish production in Nigeria, the reviews on fish production; it will also proffer solution to the problem facing fish production in Nigeria.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study economic analysis of fish production in Nigeria will cover fish production and the economy of Nigeria using data for the rate of fish production from 1990 to 2015
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS: financial constraints tend to impede the efficiency of the researcher in getting information concerning the research work from the internet, books and other sources of information. But the information provided by the researcher are well refined to suit the research topic.
TIME CONSTRAINTS: Due to the researcher’s involvement in other school activities like presentation of seminar, attendance to lectures, submission of assignment etc, he or she could not have much time to study further into the research topic. But he or she was able to meet up with the requirements of the research work
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Refers to the output of fish by humans both from capture fisheries and aquaculture; in this particular context, it does not refer to the biological production of fish.
Adeogun, O. A., Ogunbadejo H. K., Ayinla, O. A., Oresegun A., Oguntade, O. R., Tanko and Williams, S. B. 2007. Urban Aquaculture: Producer Perceptions and Practices in Lagos State, Nigeria, Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 2 (1):21-27. Adeosun, F. I., Bemji, M. N., Adekunle, N. O. and Bolarinwa 2009. Edo State Diagnostic Survey Report In: Report of a Diagnostic Survey in Agriculture Conduction in Edo State, Nigeria, 4-13p. Aphunu, A. and Nwabeze, G. O. 2012. Fish Farmers’ Perception of Climate change impact on fish production in Delta State, Nigeria. Department of Agricultural Extension and Management Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro. National Institute for Freshwater Fisheries Research, New Bussa, Niger State. Journal of Agricultural Extension 16 (2), December 2012. Atanda, A. N. 2007. Freshwater fish seed resources in Nigeria, pp. 361-380. In: Bondad-Reantaso, M. G. (ed.).
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to analyze the economics of soil conservation practices in Enugu State. This study employed multistage r...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 54 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT This study examined access to formal credit by farmers’ co operatives in Enugu State. The specific objectives were to: (i) ascertain th...Continue Reading »
122 pages | 232 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
3. EFFECT OF TOTAL REPLACEMENT OF FISHMEAL WITH POULTRY HATCHERY WASTE MEAL IN THE DIET OF AFRICAN CATFISH (Clarias gariepinus) FINGERLINGS» ABSTRACT This study examined the total replacement of fishmeal (FM) with poultry hatchery waste meal (PHWM) in practical diets for African catfish (Cl...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 103 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT climate change. Agricultural insurance is seen as one of the best strategies to address farm risks and encourage the affected farmers to get ...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 28 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
5. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF TECHNICAL EFFICIENCY IN RICE PRODUCTION UNDER SMALL-SCALE FARMER MANAGED IRRIGATION SYSTEM AND RAIN-FED SYSTEM IN KOGI STATE» Abstract This research was designed to determine and compare the technical efficiency and input levels used in rice production under farmer managed ir...Continue Reading »
130 pages | 67 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
6. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF TECHNICAL EFFICIENCIES OF BROILER AND EGG PRODUCTION ENTERPRISES IN BAYELSA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study comparatively analysed the technical efficiencies of broiler and egg production enterprises in Bayelsa State, Nigeria. A multistage...Continue Reading »
84 pages | 39 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine the integration of rice markets in Enugu state. Factors considered include: socio economic characteristi...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 65 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT The study analyzed the performance of watermelon marketing in Enugu state, Nigeria. Watermelon has long been regarded as a minor crop in Nige...Continue Reading »
101 pages | 240 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
9. MARKET AGE, ENTERPRISE SIZE AND RELATIVE EFFICIENCY IN BROILER PRODUCTION IN IMO STATE OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study focused on market age, enterprise size and relative efficiency in broiler production in Imo State . The main aim was to determine r...Continue Reading »
98 pages | 66 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» Abstract Micro credit has been identified as a sustainable and effective poverty reduction strategy that can be employed to reallocate resources to th...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 89 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS