Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 41 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Over the years Nigeria is a country known for their interest in agriculture especially fish production; among other agricultural products, fish production tend to be one of the most revenue generating section of the agricultural sector in Nigeria.
According to (Ugwumba and chukwudi, 2010) stated that the growth of a country’s population goes hand in hand with the demand for human basic needs of life; some of these basic needs includes food, water and shelter as the case maybe with unrestricted increase in demand for protein rich food items from animals.
According to (FAO, 2014) stated that never before have people consumed so much fish or depended so much on the this sector for their well-being because it is kind of cheaper than other protein sources.
FAO, 2014 also stated that in 2012, aquaculture recorded all time production high production of fish and now provides almost half of all fishes for human food.
According to (Emmanuel et al, 2014) stated that in Nigeria today, the current structure and demand for fish is about three to four times the level of local production. Aquaculture, an aspect of fisheries which is an integral part of agriculture has become the major source of revenue for the Nigeria thereby increase the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) and also help solve the problem of unemployment in Nigeria for our teeming youth if adequately managed.
The production of fish is the most common form of aquaculture. It involves raising fish commercially in tanks, it can also be in ponds, ocean enclose usually for food.
Take Nigeria for instance the most important species of fish used in farming and fish production is the Tilapia fish, clarid catfishes and carp as the case maybe.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PRODUCTION
Fish farming in Nigeria today tend to be on the increase, but there are some factors limiting the efficiency of fish production in Nigeria, some of these factors include poor storage facilities, lack of capital to start up fish production. Another factor that is affecting to efficiency of fish production in Nigeria is oil spillage; oil spillage is one of the major factor affecting to fish production in Nigeria; most of the fishes in the river are dead especially for those living in the Nigeria delta region of Nigeria. What really instigated the study economic analysis of fish farming in Nigeria is due to malnutrition; the research good life, the search for food with high protein content is on the high side due to low production of protein contained food especially animal protein.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to examine the effect fish production on the economy of Nigeria. The specific objective of the study as stated as follows:
1. To examine the relationship between fish production and the economic growth of Nigeria
2. To investigate on the factors affecting production in Nigeria
3. To examine the role of Aquaculture in the socio economic development of Nigeria through revenue generation
4. To discuss the economic benefit of fish production in Nigeria
5. To examine the relationship between fish production and the rate of unemployment in Nigeria
6. To proffer recommendation for problem discovered during the research work
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
The study came up with the following research question in order to ascertain the object of the study. Some of the research questions are stated below as follows:
1. Is there any relationship between fish production and the economic growth of Nigeria?
2. What are the factors affecting production in Nigeria?
3. What are the roles of Aquaculture in the socio economic development of Nigeria through revenue generation?
4. What are the economic benefits of fish production in Nigeria?
5. Is there any relationship between fish production and the rate of unemployment in Nigeria?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: There is no significant relationship between fish production and profitability
H1: There is significant relationship between fish production and the profitability
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study will be of immense benefit the federal government of Nigeria, the state government, the citizen of Nigeria, the fish production sectors, and other researchers that wishes to carry out a similar research on the above topic as it will discuss the concept of fish production, the factors affect the efficiency of fish production in Nigeria, the reviews on fish production; it will also proffer solution to the problem facing fish production in Nigeria.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study economic analysis of fish production in Nigeria will cover fish production and the economy of Nigeria using data for the rate of fish production from 1990 to 2015
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS: financial constraints tend to impede the efficiency of the researcher in getting information concerning the research work from the internet, books and other sources of information. But the information provided by the researcher are well refined to suit the research topic.
TIME CONSTRAINTS: Due to the researcher’s involvement in other school activities like presentation of seminar, attendance to lectures, submission of assignment etc, he or she could not have much time to study further into the research topic. But he or she was able to meet up with the requirements of the research work
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Refers to the output of fish by humans both from capture fisheries and aquaculture; in this particular context, it does not refer to the biological production of fish.
Adeogun, O. A., Ogunbadejo H. K., Ayinla, O. A., Oresegun A., Oguntade, O. R., Tanko and Williams, S. B. 2007. Urban Aquaculture: Producer Perceptions and Practices in Lagos State, Nigeria, Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 2 (1):21-27. Adeosun, F. I., Bemji, M. N., Adekunle, N. O. and Bolarinwa 2009. Edo State Diagnostic Survey Report In: Report of a Diagnostic Survey in Agriculture Conduction in Edo State, Nigeria, 4-13p. Aphunu, A. and Nwabeze, G. O. 2012. Fish Farmers’ Perception of Climate change impact on fish production in Delta State, Nigeria. Department of Agricultural Extension and Management Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro. National Institute for Freshwater Fisheries Research, New Bussa, Niger State. Journal of Agricultural Extension 16 (2), December 2012. Atanda, A. N. 2007. Freshwater fish seed resources in Nigeria, pp. 361-380. In: Bondad-Reantaso, M. G. (ed.).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF AGRICULTURE TO RURAL DEVELOPMENT: (A CASE STUDY IN UDI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT For the purpose of this research work, an opinion survey was made using oral interview and author constructed questionnaire to examine &ldquo...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 Background Of Study Seed constitutes an important input in arable crop production. Without seeds, it would be virtually impossible to develop a st...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was conducted in Soba Local Government Area of Kaduna State. A multistage sampling technique was used for this study. The study ana...Continue Reading »
4. ANALYSIS OF COWPEA MARKETING AND PRICE TRENDS IN SOME SELECTED RURAL AND URBAN MARKETS IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study analyzed cowpea marketing and price trend in some selected rural and urban markets in Kaduna State, Nigeria. A multi stage sampling...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORTING ON THE CORPORATE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC)» ABSTRACT This study has attempted to measure the impact of agricultural output on economic growth. The study made use of secondary data from 1970 2004...Continue Reading »
6. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF MAIZE (Zea mays) PRODUCTION IN SOBA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The objectives of this study are to describe the socio economic characteristics of maize farmers, costs and returns, and identify the constra...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study investigated the economics of fish marketing in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria using primary data. Purposive and multistage random sampli...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTCheese, a popular food across many cultures has been subject of many studies. It’s of many variants, providing huge nutritional value to hum...Continue Reading »
9. IDENTIFICATION AND ASSESMENT OF INSECT PESTS CAUSING FRUIT DROP ON Citrus sinensis L. OSBECK AND THEIR MANAGEMENT IN BENUE STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Identification and assessment of insect pests causing fruit drop on Citrus sinensis L. Osbeck and their management was carried out in Benue S...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined access to agro credit by farmers in Kaduna state. This study employed survey research methodology which covered the three...Continue Reading »