Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
since the formulization of the separation of management from ownership of the public limited liability companies, there is the need for a formalized way of reporting to the owners of the business, on how efficient has the management utilize the share holders funds over a specified period, hence the financial statement.
Financial statement is a combination of income statement and balance sheet of the reporting entity at a particular point in time. Having a financial statement prepared does not really tell how the business has faired in the recent time, but subjection of the result to various analysis and interpretation.
For any organization to start with generally, it needs the fulfillment of many requirement of the law according to the nation of origin. In Nigeria the requirement to start a company requires that the promoter must meet some laid down requirement ie adequacy of capital, number of the directors and secretary, power of the company, the power of board of Directors and these must be documented and registered with the corporate affairs commission (CAC) in Abuja.
The requirement for operations apart from the normal expenses of day to day running of the business, the organization is expected to fill an annual return to the corporate affairs commission (CAC). The first is after the six months of commencement of business called statutory report and subsequently a yearly report called annual report of financial statement.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The second point of filing report, sound interesting in public liability company’s Via investment decision base on financial report of the company. The investing company public seldom invest in such company based on the report most investing public who are individual, even highly educated individual seldom patronize their accountant or management consult or brokers, seeking to invest in Nigeria companies based on their reported past performance. That is why the researcher bases his hypothesis on financial statement.
A guide to investment decision has contributed to shape the structure of Nigeria economy.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
a. To makes appropriate recommendation based on findings and conclusion.
b. To determine the usefulness of financial statement in guiding investment decision in Nigeria.
c. To review the relevant investment policies put in place by government and how they have aided investment decision.
d. To determine what extent has the financial statement been use in investment decision.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The researcher study will among other things provided valuable information which will be useful to the research to add to this knowledge, other researchers as a basis of reference as well as business people who deals in financial/capital market.
The study will also educate the various categories of the people stated above on the financial statement and how risk could be managed using various strategies available to improve the Nigeria economy.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract The economy of Nigeria cannot function properly or thrive without the micro, small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs). These small scale ent...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF MIRCO FINANCE ON THE DEVELOPMENT'S OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (A CASE STUDY IC-GLOBAL M.F.B» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Small and Medium Scale Enterprises are sub sectors of the industrial sector which play crucial ro...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study There is no doubt that credit management is central to the liquidity of firms; especially manufac...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF AUDIT COMMITTEE CHARACTERISTICS ON FINANCIAL REPORTING QUALITY OF LISTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Corporate financial report provides fundamental information to a wide range of groups; its main p...Continue Reading »
» Abstract In the face of capital deficiency in financing long term development, the capital deficient economies have heavily resorted to foreign capita...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY. Every country in the world tends to generate income through tax administration. In Nigeria the compa...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF FAMILY PLANNING CAMPAIGN ON IBAGWA COUPLES IN IGBO EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE.» ABSTRACT. The study examined the impact of family planning campaign on Ibagwa couples. The study highlighted the factors militating against appreciabl...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In this research work titled Effect of Value Added Tax (VAT) on the growth of Nigerian economy with particular reference to Enugu State Board...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The recent phenomenon of distress banks and consequent liquidation of some of those banks have alteated closer attention from the government,...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECT OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ACCOUNTING ON THE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF QUOTED OIL AND GAS COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» Abstract The study examined the impact of corporate social responsibility on the financial performance of Quoted oil and gas in Nigeria. The total pop...Continue Reading »