Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Given today complex and rapidly changing management climate, most large companies, major institution and governmental agencies are implementing continuous improvements to achieve efficiency and assure all concerned parties of solid corporate governance.
The nature of interval audit system simply means explaining some of the key terms in the project topic, the internal system.
According to the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) definition of internal auditing the internal audit system should provide independent, thoroughly timely and objective result of quantitative and qualitative testing to senor management and in essence, help evaluate organizational risk management.
Auditing is an independent checking and investigation of the books of accounts and vouchers of a business with a view to enabling the audit to report whether the balance sheet and profit and loss account are properly drawn up so as to show a true and fair view of the state of the affairs and the best of the information and explanations obtained by the Auditors and that they comply with the rules laid down by SSAP (Statements of Standard Accounting Practice) and other statutory regulations. Audit is of two types, namely.
Internal audit is a review of the operation procedures and records of the business internal auditing is itself an internal control which operates by appraising and reporting on the effectiveness of the other controls. Thus, its main objectives is to assist management in discharging its responsibilities and to evaluate compliance with corporate procedures. The role of internal auditors therefore, is to provide an overall assurance to management that all key risk within an organization are managed effectively so that the organization can achieve its strategic objective.
External Audit: The external auditors are officers from supervisor agency or independent firm to examine accounts, document independently. However, this project topic is restricted to internal audit system, taken the National Board for technical education as a case study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
Trust in the process of financial accounting and auditing is been undermined by our present day high-profile corrupt practices in major institutions and organizations. Thus as a result is the seeming failure of internal audit system not giving value for the finances of the educational institutions and the resulted effects is responsible for the poor quality delivery of education. So also is the mechanism put in place to curb these corruption has not been effective.
In response, it has become necessary to undertake, examine and evaluate the problematic nature of internal audit system in educational institution and regulatory organization and to see whether the process cold be effective or not.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The objectives of this resource project are as follows: -
i. To Evaluate the nature of internal audit system in an educational institutions regulatory authority.
ii. To determine the effectiveness or other wise of such internal audit system.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research study shall proffer answer to the following questions
i. What is the nature of the internal audit system in a regulatory authority?
ii. Does the internal audit system in a regulatory authority effective or not?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
Significance of every research project are set of standard that outlines, the perceived or real contributions of the research.
This research study would be of immense benefit to the accounting profession, policy makers and leaders at the helm of affairs in various institutions because, the ideal solution will of course be the achievement of a proper internal audit system that will assist public and private organization to meet overall corporate objectives by establishing a systematic and discipline approach to assessing, evaluating and improving the quality and effectiveness of the process.
Also, this study will provide a rationale for introducing programmes designed to aid student and researchers who intend to make research on internal audit system.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study shall be limited to evaluating the nature of internal audit system and find out whether this system is effective or not in the educational institution, regulatory authority.
Furthermore, the research study shall cover on the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) Kaduna as a case study.
1.7 HISTORICAL BACKGROUNDING OF THE CASE STUDY
The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) was established by Decree (now Act) No. 9 of January 1977. The decree empowers the board to among other things: -
i. Advice the federal government on and coordinate all aspect of technical and vocational education falling outside the universities.
ii. Make recommendations on the national policy necessary for training of technicians, craftmen and other middle level manpowers.
iii. Determine, after consultation with the National manpower board, the industrial training find and such other relevant bodies the skill and middle level manpower needs of the country in the industrial commercial and other relevant field of the purpose of planning, training facilities etc.
iv. Inquiry into and advise the federal government on the financial needs, for both recurrent and capital expenditure of polytechnics and other technical institutions to enable them achieve the objective of producing the trained manpower needs of the country.
v. Receive block grants in accordance with such formula as may be noted that items iv and v above particularly require audit control towards ensuring that financial and material resources allocated to educational institutions under NBTE are done with are highest conformity to government financial rules and regulations.
In addition, Decree (now Act) it of August 1985 entitled: National minimize standards and establishment of institution” further empowers NBTE to prescribe minimum standards, entry qualifications and accreditation of all academic programmes on all the institution under purview or supervision of the Board. Another amendment to the above decree (Now Act) gave birth to decree number a of January 1993 which empowers the board of recommend the establishment of polytechnics, college of agriculture and technical colleges in Nigeria.
The membership of the board cut across ministries of education, labour, agriculture, industry, college of agriculture and some professional bodies among others.
It has six (6) standing committees namely.
i. Appointment and promotions committees (A&PC)
ii. Programmes evaluation and development committees (PE&DC)
iii. Academic planning and Research committee (A&RC)
iv. Finance and financial purpose committee (which has a lot to do with this research project) and
v. Tenders committee (TC)
Each committee has specific function relevant to the smooth administration and the discharge of the statutory functions of the board assigned to it.
The boards organization indicated that it has four operational department namely:
i. Personnel management department comprising establishment management services and manpower and training divisions.
ii. Programmes department comprising polytechnics, colleges of agriculture and science, technical
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study is aimed at surveying the effects of fringe benefits on employee performance in the hospitality industry. Because of the reduction ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 202 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. EFFECT OF PUBLISHED FINANCIAL STATEMENT ON SHAREHOLDERS INVESTMENT DECISION (A STUDY OF GUINNESS NIGERIA BREWERIES LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Each person like every business requires some measures of both financial position and financi...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 109 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. THE DEVELOPMENTAL ROLES OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTION IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN ABIA STATE (A STUDY OF MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT UMUAHIA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Economic growth for developing countries has important indications for poverty elimination and wo...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 387 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. IMPORTANCE OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING LITERACY ON THE GROWTH DEVELOPMENT SURVIVAL, PRODUCTION AND PERFORMANCE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Problem Micro and small enterprises (MSE’s) are facilitators for broad based growth in compet...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 258 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. APPRAISAL OF THE SIGNIFICANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION ON ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC, BENIN CITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Management of business organizations requires accurate, reliable, relevant and timely information...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 268 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT AND IT’S IMPACT ON PROFITABILITY LEVEL OF BANK IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)» ABSTRACT The research topic portfolio management and its impact on the profitability level of banks in Nigeria (a Case Study of First Bank Nigeria Plc...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» TABLE OF CONTENTTITLE PAGE iAPPROVAL PAGE iiDEDICATION iiiACKNOWLEDGEMENT ivTABLE OF ONTENT vABSTRACT ixCHAPTER ONE:1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY 11.2 STATE...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 99 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTANT IN A CORPORATE FINANCIAL ORGANISATION CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA (ADO BRANCH) ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Corporate Financial organizations are setup with the principal objective of creating wealth for ...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 254 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL AUDITING IN THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF AN ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF OFFICE OF THE STATE AUDITOR GENERAL, ENUGU)» ABSTRACT This survey examines the impact of internal auditing in the growth and development of an organization. Its main objective is to determine whe...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 131 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study For any organization to operate meaningfully there has to be clear direction of where it is lead...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 416 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING