Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Internal audit is an independent review and appraisal of the accounting, financial and other operation of the organization by a special staff as a basis of effectiveness and efficiency services to management.
Therefore, the impact of internal auditing in organization is to help in the examination and inquiry into a statement of accounts, the underlying records, document, assets, and liabilities in other to measure and evaluate the adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of the organization internal audit irregularities and also present fraud.
A good internal audit control in the organization will help the organization in the preparation of financial statement that will be devoid of financial misstatement. Organization is a very important sector in the development of a nation’s economy which is responsible for safe keeping of money and performing of other auxiliary functions. Some of the functions of organization include the following;
a. Consulting services
b. Acceptance of deposit
c. Granting of loans to customers with interest on the loan granted.
According to Agbawe (2005) auditing is an examination and inquiry into a statement of account, the underlying records, documents, assets and liabilities by an independent person with a view to express an opinion as to compliance and correctness of the financial statement to relevant acts and regulations.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The existence of internal audit sectors in organization does not necessarily portray the main idea of independence objective assurance and consulting activity design to add value and improve an organization’s operation because if internal audit section in the organization had been involved in the design of system, it is very doubtful that they can audit what they have recommended, and over familiarity as a result of working for the same organization, and being involved with the same issues. Internal auditors may develop close professional or personal relationship with the managers and staff they are auditing. This may well make it very difficult to achieve independence, more so, the principle that internal audit should be independent of the line management whose sphere of authority it audit ideally should extend to internal audit being independent of the finance director. The audit department should report to the board or to a special internal audit committee and not to the finance director. Therefore, this study terms to identify the impact installing effective internal audit department in the organization and what will happen when the reverse is the case that is internal audit department is assumed not installed.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study are to know the importance of the internal audit in an organization and such objectives are as follows;
i. To examine the prospect of auditing of organization’s account.
ii. To proffer suggestion to the problem of auditing in the organization.
iii. To investigate the impact of auditing in the organization.
iv. To reveal the extent to which the impact of internal auditing in organization is adopted by Nigeria.
v. To produce a resort of opinion on the true and fairness of the financial statement in the auditing of organization.
1.4 Research Questions
The major questions we need to ask and also investigate are:
a. How does the internal auditor make test so as to form an opinion as to the reliability of the financial records and strength or internal control?
b. What is the degree of relationship between the auditor and staff in the organization?
c. How adequate and reliable or realistic are the records kept in the books?
d. How independent is an auditor in performing audit activities?
1.5 Significance of the Study
Base on the reason topic “The impact of internal auditing in an organization” it significance cannot be left outside because every work has an objective and possible means of bringing about solution. The significance of the study therefore it gives professional advice in the accounting records in the organization. It also helps in the early detection of frauds, errors and irregularities. The study may also act as a source of literature review for scholars who intend to do research on how effectively and efficiently the impact of auditing in an organization. Auditors report assures the arrivers of the business that their funds are honestly and prudently managed.
1.6 Scope of the Study
Scope of an audit refers to the subject matter. It includes its areas of operations, various aspects to the covered under the audit and the requirement of the relevant legislation. As the statement of standard auditing practices, the scope of audit is mention below. The audit should adequately cover all aspects of the enterprise which are relevant to the financial statement. The audit should be reasonably satisfied that the information contained in the accounting records is reliable and sufficient for the preparation of the financial statement he is to form opinion.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The following limitation were encountered during the process of writing this project. But however, they are not enough to stop the usefulness of the study.
1. Lack of Finance
2. Lack of useful Materials
3. Transportation Problem
4. Attitude of some Senior and Junior Staff of the organization towards the Research.
1.8 Definition of Terms
1. Internal Auditing: Internal Audit is an independent appraisal activity established within an organization as a service to it.
2. Financial Accounting: Financial Accounting is the recording of transaction for a business enterprise or other economic units and the period preparation of various reports from such records. It is also systematic gathering, identify, Summarizing and reporting of business transaction in monetary terms, such that it provides reports which permit informed judgment by the users of such reports.
3. Audit Reports: Auditing Reports are short statements expressing the auditors views on the state of financial position of the organization.
4. Audit Opinions: Audit Opinion can be said to the conclusion reached by the auditors on the generals position and state of the financial statement he is reporting upon.
5. Errors: Errors are unintentional mistakes occurring at any sate of data or transaction processing and recording in the books of account and production of financial statement.
6. Irregularities: As defines and used by the auditing gridlines is intentional distortions of financial statement for whatever purpose and also misappropriation of assists.
7. Fraud: Frauds is used to mean the used of criminal method to obtain an unjust or illegal advantage.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract There is little known about the role of accounting information in terms of its ability to explain changes to the security prices of listed co...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Since 1979 Nigeria has been operating three level of government as a federation. During the era o...Continue Reading »
3. APPLICATION OF COST ACCOUNTING TO MANAGEMENT PLANNING, CONTROL AND DECISION MAKING (A Case Study of Nigeria Bottling Company (NBC)» ABSTRACT This research work is aimed at highlighting the role played by Cost accounting information to the planning, control and decision making proce...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF FAMILY PLANNING CAMPAIGN ON IBAGWA COUPLES IN IGBO EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE.» ABSTRACT. The study examined the impact of family planning campaign on Ibagwa couples. The study highlighted the factors militating against appreciabl...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Islamic Banking is interest free banking which makes it necessary for Islamic Banks to t...Continue Reading »
6. AGRICULTURAL CREDIT UTILIZATION AMONG SMALL-SCALE FARMERS IN BIDA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF NIGER STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.0.1 Agricultural Development in Nigeria Agriculture has been the most important sector of the Nigerian Economy. It empl...Continue Reading »
7. DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE STRATEGY FOR PENSION ADMINISTRATION IN THE NIGERIAN PUBLIC SECTOR (A STUDY OF PENSION COMMISSION RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The greatest challenge to government worldwide remains the issue relating to pension fund man...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECT OF FRAUD MANAGEMENT ON A SURVIVAL OF A COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC, UGHELLI BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of The Study The issue of fraud in company especially the banking industry in Nigeria and indeed, all over the...Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT OF BUDGETING CONTROL ON PROFITABILITY OF AN ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS NIGERIA PLC)» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of budgetary control on profitability of an organization. Thus, the importance of budgetary cannot be emphasiz...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF MONETARY POLICIES ON THE LIQUIDITY AND PROFITABILITY OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACTThe economic policies or interpretation of such policies has always left a key question unanswered, how much authorities do such policies allo...Continue Reading »