Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Every organization becomes what it is largely because of her leader. This explains why in any organization, there are usually individuals responsible for organizing or directing the affairs and activities of such organization. These individual are usually people who have the ability to lead the other people in an organization to work towards the realization of the goals and objectives of the organization in order move the organization forward.
Leadership is a part of management, which deals with influencing activities of individuals in the effort toward goal achievement in a given situation.
The impact of effective leadership style should not be neglected because it leads to co-operation among employees and leaders in the organization.
It also brings about mutual relationship between employees and leaders in the organization.
It also brings about greater productivity and the attainment of set goals objectives.
A leader must posses the following characteristics.
i. He must be friendly with his employees.
ii. he must be willing to accept responsibilities
iii. He must be able to plan for the future
iv. He must be socially active by participating in group function e.t.c
When leaders possesses some of these characteristics in dealing with his employees, I believe the employees will work in harmony and peace towards the attainment of organizational goals.
In relation to this topic, Union bank of Nigeria plc was establish in 1917 as a colonial bank with its first branch in Lagos, in 1925. Barclays bank acquired the colonial bank which resulted in change of the bank’s naira to Barclays Bank (Dominio Colorial and overseas). By the enactment of the 1972 and 1977 in Nigeria enterprises promotion Act, Barclays Bank international disposed its shares holding to Nigeria in 1979. In compliance with the companies and Allied matter Act, 1990, it assumed the name Union Bank of Nigeria Plc.
The Union Bank Plc, Oleh branch is headed by Benin City, and was established on Friday July, 24th 1998 by a representative of Delta State Government. The bank was opened with 7 (seven) staff among whom Mr. Benson Almual, A.A. Aklu and Ologho the first customer.
The fundamental purpose of the bank is to provide fianncail services. It provide short term loans to businesses and customers in order to increase the grass-root economic and social development for both individuals and organizations of rural and Urban areas.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The concept of effective leadership style in stimulating employees job performance, is primarily concerned with mutual relationship between employees and leaders and the willingness of employees to put in their best effort, so that the desire goal of the organization can be achieved.
However, poor leadership style leading to poor job performance as most leaders lack the managerial power, their emphasis are often directed towards forcing their employees.
Finance is another problem encounter in effective leadership style.
Inconsistency in government policies also constituted another problem to effective leadership style.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study are as follow:
To identify the various leadership styles and their impact on workers performance.
To people to understand leadership process as an important phenomenon in an organization.
To look at the problems associated with leadership process in an organization and provide solution to such problem by way of recommendation.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i. Does leadership has any impact on worker performance?
ii. Do employees take part in decision making process of the organization?
iii. Does inconsistency in government policies after leadership style?
iv. Do leader have mutual relationship with employees
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
1. Ho: Leadership style has no impact on workers performance.
Hi: Leadership style has impact on workers performance.
2. Ho: Employees do not take part in the decision making process.
Hi: Employees do take part in the decision making process.
3. Ho: Inconsistency in government policies does not affect the leadership style.
Hi: Inconsistency in government policies do affect the leadership style.
4. Ho: Leaders do not have mutual relationship with employees.
Hi: Ho: Leaders do have mutual relationship with employees.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study cover an area of Delta State private sector, particularly, Union Bank LTD, Oleh. It is concern with the impact of effective leadership style in stimulating employees job performance, for the advancement of organizational set goals.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is aim to discover the extent of effective leader-ship style on employees of Union Bank Ltd, Oleh.
It is intended to explore the kind or relationship existing among leaders and employees within a view of correcting disputes.
The study will find ways of achieving the best result in term of services render to customers.
The study will also set ways of maintaining an acceptable and conducive atmosphere at the work place and reduce tension and industrial unrest.
The study also intend to contribute to existing knowledge in the area of employee’s job performance and hence stimulating further studies on the topic, since improvements are made everyday, that can lead to formulation of policies by the government.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In the course of carrying out this study, a lot of problem were encountered.
Financial problem:- The researcher was not financially fit and as a result, the researcher could not find it easy in moving froim one place to another.
Another problem encountered was the inability to convince the management of the organization that the aim of the research was merely for academic purpose. Some management staff refused to disclose some fact and data useful for the study. This also posed some problem in writing this project.
Also some received the questionnaire but refused to fill them. A study of this magnitude should not be limited to a short period of time.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Leader:- A leader is a person who direct the behavour of group members and give instruction on how a task is to be done.
ii. Leadership: Is the process of influencing the activities of organized group toward goal setting and goal achievement.
iii. Employee: Is a person employed to work under a leader and be is being directed and organized by a leader.
iv. Objective: Is the aim an organization wants to achieved.
v. Organization: This means two or more people getting together for a purpose.
vii. Relationship: The way two or more people are connected.
viii. Co-operation: The willingness to be helpful and do want you are asked to do.
ix. Managerial power: The power of directing workers to work toward achievement of good.
x. Responsibility: A duty placed on someone.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABTRACT Corporate organizations owe a duty to fully disclose matters concerning their operations so as to aid investors in making investment decisions...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Economic and Financial Crime Commission EFCC is a Nigerian law enforcement agency that invest...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS (IFRS) ON QUALITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT (FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA, PLC, PORT HARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study sets out to examine whether the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in ...Continue Reading »
4. The Role Of Financial Management In A Co-operative Organization (a Case Of Study Of Union Bank (plc) Enugu)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Financial management involves all the activity of the financial managers concern with the rising of capital lining cash a...Continue Reading »
5. PETROLEUM PROFIT TAX AND CAPITAL EXPENDITURE OF THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY ( A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY For the development and growth of any economy, the provision of basic infrastructure is quite necessa...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF RATIO ANALYSIS IN BUSINESS DECISIONS A CASE STUDY OF O. JACO BROS. ENT. (NIG.) LTD.ABA, ABIA STATE» ABSTRACT Accounting information provided by means of financial statements The income statement and the Balance Sheet are often in summarized form. Vie...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focused on rice husk generation and utilization among households in Ebonyi State, Nigeria. The specific objectives were to: descri...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT When viewed with objectivity of purpose, tax evasion and avoidance are problems which seemed to have defied solution, it is a twin devils tha...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY As the business world becomes closer in its financial and trade ties, many countries are moving t...Continue Reading »
10. INVESTIGATION INTO THE CAUSES OF TAX EVASION IN LAGOS STATE (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SMES IN IKEJA LGA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The concept of taxation has been a concern of global significance as it affects every economy irr...Continue Reading »