Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
With the prevailing situation in the Nigeria economy, it is an established fact that embezzlement and mismanagement of resources is what the director of companies embarked upon, instead of adequate management of resources pulled together by the shareholders. Also these directors despite the stewardship they hold are not exhibiting accountability and transparent honesty, it is for these reasons the researcher deems it fit to examine how effective internal control system can serve as a means of preventing fraud in the public sector.
According to Oxford Advanced Learner Dictionary fraud can be defined as an Act of deceiving in order to make money or obtain goods, “Kirk Patrick” (1985) described a person who pretends to be something that he is not a fraud, deceptive, tricky, a cheat and a swindler”, furthermore fraud includes embezzlement, theft or nay attempt to steal unlawful possession of assets.
From the above, it is understood that fraud involves the use of deceit and tricks. The action, it is understood that form of forgery, falsification, of document, authorized signature and outright theft.
However, it has been establish that majority of frauds in the public sector can be attributed to lack of sound or lap set in the internal sector and the existence of poor control region.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Organizations have failed in their occasional review and appraisals of the internal control system in operation or have totally ignored the operations of effective internal system in the discharge of their duties and this has over the years been the bane of an effective service to the people.
Also it is the use of internal control as a management tool. In the society; the work will also provide answers to the role of internal control in manufacturing organization.
1.3 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
Internal control is the type of control exercised by the management within the organization. Internal control is not only internal check and internal audit but the whole system of controls, financial and otherwise, established to secure the asset and secure as far as possible the completeness and accuracy of the records.
It should be noted that the need to safeguard assets and keep proper records is an essential justification for internal control. All measures employed by an organization to:
- Safeguard assets from waste, fraud and inefficient use.
- Promote accuracy and reliability in the accounting records and encourage compliance with company policies and evaluate the efficiency of operations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF AUDIT COMMITTEE ATTRIBUTES ON THE FINANCIAL REPORTING QUALITY OF LISTED CONGLOMERATE FIRMS IN NIGERIAN» TABLE OF CONTENTS CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study 1 5 1.2 Statement of the Problem 5 8 1.3 Objectives of the Study 8 1.4 Hypothesis of the Stu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The emerging global economic scenario characterized by advancement in information technology, rapid c...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study analysed the influence of Training and Development Policy and Organizational Performance in the Nigerian Ports Authority. The spec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work identifies the challenges facing police departments that seek to implement computerized crime tracking information systems....Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT ON ACCOUNTABILITY OF GOVERNMENT REVENUE SPECIFICALLY THE PARASTATALS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Treasury single account (TSA) is an essential tool for consolidating and managing government cash...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF HEALTHY TIMING AND SPACING OF PREGNANCY APPROACH IN LONG ACTING REVERSIBLE CONTRACEPTIVES ACCEPTANCE AMONG WOMEN IN YALA LOCAL GOVERNMEN...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Family planning is defined as the use of contraceptive methods to control the number, timing and spac...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT This report is presented as documentation for the repairs, maintenance and installation in the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The imperative of planning with the help of accounting information before the commencement of ope...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL AUDITING IN THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF AN ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF OFFICE OF THE STATE AUDITOR GENERAL, ENUGU)» ABSTRACT This survey examines the impact of internal auditing in the growth and development of an organization. Its main objective is to determine whe...Continue Reading »
10. ENVIRONMENTAL COST MEASUREMENT AND ITS EFFECTS ON INVESTMENT RETURN IN UNITED CEMENT COMPANY, CALABAR» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Despite best efforts in Measuring Environmental Impact, industries continue to generate and disch...Continue Reading »