Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
With the prevailing situation in the Nigeria economy, it is an established fact that embezzlement and mismanagement of resources is what the director of companies embarked upon, instead of adequate management of resources pulled together by the shareholders. Also these directors despite the stewardship they hold are not exhibiting accountability and transparent honesty, it is for these reasons the researcher deems it fit to examine how effective internal control system can serve as a means of preventing fraud in the public sector.
According to Oxford Advanced Learner Dictionary fraud can be defined as an Act of deceiving in order to make money or obtain goods, “Kirk Patrick” (1985) described a person who pretends to be something that he is not a fraud, deceptive, tricky, a cheat and a swindler”, furthermore fraud includes embezzlement, theft or nay attempt to steal unlawful possession of assets.
From the above, it is understood that fraud involves the use of deceit and tricks. The action, it is understood that form of forgery, falsification, of document, authorized signature and outright theft.
However, it has been establish that majority of frauds in the public sector can be attributed to lack of sound or lap set in the internal sector and the existence of poor control region.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Organizations have failed in their occasional review and appraisals of the internal control system in operation or have totally ignored the operations of effective internal system in the discharge of their duties and this has over the years been the bane of an effective service to the people.
Also it is the use of internal control as a management tool. In the society; the work will also provide answers to the role of internal control in manufacturing organization.
1.3 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
Internal control is the type of control exercised by the management within the organization. Internal control is not only internal check and internal audit but the whole system of controls, financial and otherwise, established to secure the asset and secure as far as possible the completeness and accuracy of the records.
It should be noted that the need to safeguard assets and keep proper records is an essential justification for internal control. All measures employed by an organization to:
- Safeguard assets from waste, fraud and inefficient use.
- Promote accuracy and reliability in the accounting records and encourage compliance with company policies and evaluate the efficiency of operations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF CULTURAL FACTORS ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF GLOBAL ACCOUNTING STANDARDS IFRS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY As globalization increases at a blistering pace, more and more business entities continue to get ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The development of any country on how far its income generating sectors can increase its capacity and...Continue Reading »
3. E-PROCUREMENT IMPLEMENTATION AND SUPPLY CHAIN INTEGRATION AMONG LARGE SCALE MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN NAIROBI, KENYA» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to establish the effect of e procurement implementation and business integration among large scale manufacturin...Continue Reading »
4. SOCIAL AUDITING AS A TOOL FOR ENHANCING RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF EXXON MOBIL EKET}» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In the era of corporate social responsibility, where corporations are often expected not just to ...Continue Reading »
5. ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT AS A MANAGERIAL TOOL FOR DECISION MAKING (A Case Study Of Nwokeji Urban Planning And Architectural ...» Abstract Financial Statement Analysis and Interpretation is a very vital instrument of good management decision making in business enterprise. Good de...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Effective tax administration is an issue as old as taxation itself. The balancing act between max...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT ON ACCOUNTABILITY OF GOVERNMENT REVENUE SPECIFICALLY THE PARASTATALS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Treasury single account (TSA) is an essential tool for consolidating and managing government cash...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study examined the relevance of Business Education program to economic development of Nigeria. The study found that Business Education is...Continue Reading »
9. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM AND MANUAL ACCOUNTING SYSTEM (A Case Study Of Ama Breweries Plc. Eke, Udi L.G.A And Africa Pe...» ABSTRACT This research study is a comparative analysis of computerized accounting system and manual accounting system with reference to Ama breweries ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The consolidation of banks has been the major policy instrument being adopted in correcting defic...Continue Reading »