Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Proper accounting record is very vital for the survival of business in any making organization as it widely recognized as a basic component use in measuring and recording of financial transaction so as to pass informed decisions. Debenture holders and shareholder are informed of their financial status in their companies through the accounting record kept.
Accounting is the process f presenting information derived from book-keeping as accounting for the use of management and others as opined by some learned authors as researchers.
All profit oriented organization needs the accounting information for proper management and control. It is now very necessary to have proper accounting records in every day’s activities which can be well interpreted at any point in line by the users. Recording business transactions involves some documentation of fact for reference, it is important to maintain accurate accounting record for the following reasons;
i. To meet government requirement of audited financial statement for the purpose of tax and share subscription.
ii. To enable the ascertainment of profit and loss in an organization.
It is now very obvious that accounting is of noticeable importance to every unit of our society. Accounting records involves the followings.
1. Source document: Receipts, invoice, credit notes, cheques, payment voucher etc
2. Books of original entry: Sales journal, purchase journal, return inward journal, cash book, journal proper and ledger.
3. Final accounting: Manufacturing, trading, profit and loss account and the balance sheet.
They are prepared to know the transaction and the result of such for a particular period.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The purpose of this piece of work is to find out the effect of poor accounting records in a profit making organization. In a situation where accounting records are poorly kept, problem emerges and such problems includes;
a. Exposure of organization to theft
b. Decline in the size of organization
c. Poor management and control
d. Fraudulent act among employees
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The major of this study is to examine and be able to identify the possible effect that a poor accounting record will have in a profit making organization.
The study will specifically;
1. Find out the effect of poor accounting records
2. Identify the causes of poor accounting records
3. Make the researcher judge and identify the level of effects on the business.
1.4 Research questions
The research questions will be tailored along line of questions that will enable the researcher gather relevant information about the research topic.
i. What is the effect of poor accounting records in an organization?
ii. Where are these effect pronounced in an organization?
iii. Is there any alternative method of overcoming the effect?
iv. Can a better method be adopted to upgrade the accounting records?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The significance of this research cannot be over emphasized as it will touch all aspect of accounting management function and the process for proper financial records.
a. Internal recording to managers for us in making special decision and in formulation of plans.
b. Internal reporting for managers use in controlling current operation
c. External operation to shareholders, government and outside parties.
1.6 Scope of Study
This piece of work is directed towards the evaluation and appraisal of the effect of poor accounting records in a profit making organization in which certain factors made it impossible for a full average of the study of some of such factors which involve but not limited to the following;
Inadequate source of information in getting the relevant text and literature for adequate reference was not so easy. More so, the project is limited to the small and medium scale industries where the effect of poor accounting records will be studied in details.
1.7 Definition of Terms
In the course of this research work some words have been use and needed definition for proper understanding.
1. Book-keeping: Is the process of recording data relating to accounting transaction in the accounting books, and the transactions are being recorded in an orderly manner.
2. Balance sheet: It refers to the summary of the state of affairs of the assets, liabilities reserves, profit and capital as shown by the book of account at a particular date.
3. Ledger: Is an account which contains summarized and a permanent record of all business transactions.
4. Cash book: Is a unique book that serves as a book of original and as well as section of ledger in which are recorded all daily cash receipts and cash payment.
5. Profit and loss account: Is an account prepared to determine the second profit which is called net profit or net loss.
6. Sales day book: Is the book where all goods sold on credit are recorded.
7. Purchase day book: Is the book where all goods bought on credit are recorded.
8. Trading account: Is an account where the sales revenue is compared with loss of sales to arrive at gross profit or loss.
9. Depreciation account: Is the permanent and continues decrease in the quality and value of a fixed assets.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study examined the Impact of non keeping of accounting records in small scale Enterprises in Uyo Metropolis. A survey research method was...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPORTANT OF WASTE MANAGEMENT TO ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION, A CASE STUDY OF IGBARA-ODO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EKITI STATE» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate the importance of aste management to environmental sanitation on Igbara Local government area of Ek...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF NIGERIA BANKS (A CASE STUDY OF ZENITH BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The activities of treasury single account are mostly seen among the commercial banks in banking s...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF FIRM CHARACTERISTICS ON SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ACCOUNTING DISCLOSURE IN LISTED INDUSTRIAL GOODS FIRMS IN NIGERIA» Abstract The need for corporate entities to disclose their social and environmental activities in their annual reports is increasingly becoming a topi...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval iv Dedication v Acknowledgements vi Table of contents viii Abstracts xii CHAP...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONThe applications of Accounting Information have contributed to the growth and development of every business entity. Non profit ...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF FAMILY PLANNING CAMPAIGN ON IBAGWA COUPLES IN IGBO EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE.» ABSTRACT. The study examined the impact of family planning campaign on Ibagwa couples. The study highlighted the factors militating against appreciabl...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines the challenges and prospects of marketing Nigerian made computer softwares. Posed with the problem of inferiority complex ...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The civil service of any nation is the centerpiece of its administrative activities and performance and its outpu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The work is titled “Taxation System: Its impact on public servant”(A study of Ebonyi State). The work is a critical and objective...Continue Reading »