Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
1.1 BACKGOUND TO THE STUDY
When a country has one Chief Executive who is both normal arid political head of state, wielding real executive power and responsible to the legislature for his political actions, that country is operating a presidential system of government.
ThdI United States of America and Nigeria are examples. Policies in varying degrees are made by the presidential system of government that directly or indirectly affects the Nigeria
civil service. One of the cardinal obligations of the Governinent is to take care of the citizens from cradle to the grave. In pursuance of this lofty obligations, the government relies solely on the activities and performances of the civil
service. Over the year, government had been making effort to achieve a veritable and result-oriented civil service but all effort
to achieve that seems to be a mirage. This is why recruitment, selection and placement of civil servants in the Ebonyi qtate civil service cannot be over-looked by any rational scholar
I Every organization needs three main resources to
survive. These are financial, material and human resources. Even if an organization has got all the money and the material it needs, it must still find capable people to put them into effective use. It is therefore safe to claim that human resources are about the most important of the three essential resources of an organization. It is equally true to say that human resources are the highest assets of any organization, because no matter the
amount of capital invested i n an organization, it's success or failure depends on the quality of people who execute it's programme.
It is based on the above underscore of the importance of
personnel of an organization that, Ubeku (1975: 19), said that
.some organizations without well-established personnel depSrtments fall into the error of looking for staff as and when
necessary. Ubeku contended that this is bad management. As
stated earlier, the personnel of an organization determines the successes or failure of the organization. When the personnel
polic 1es. .in a presidential system of government are well
articulated, there will be a boast of human resources.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Civil service means those officials who are charged with the responsibility of carrying out policies of the government. They are brain, eyes, hands, legs, and philosophers of the executive arm of government. Staff recruitment, selection and
placement in the Nigeria civil service has been a problem over the year. Many scholars have strived in diverse dimensions to establish a rational ways of staff recruitment . Distinguishing
feature of max Weber, the German Sociologist's ideal model of bureaucracy is that civil servants be selected purely on the basis
of merit, ascertained through written examination(rather than by
.elecbion or on the basis of Apiriori characteristics), (Max
To stem the tide of personnel recruitment problem, the Ebonyi state government has prescribed the guiding principle in
order to achieve the desired objectives of the Federal character
comrpission as set out in section 14(3) and 14(4) of the 1999
constkution. Regarding employment in the public service, and in exercise of it's power under section 5(1) of the instruments establishing the Federal character comn~ission,it has decided that henceforth, recruitment shall be on Local government basis or on senatorial zonal basis, or on ward basis, depending on the number of candidates to be en~ployed.
However, the federal character policy which the civil service cornmission in Ebonyi state seek to promote, is not without peculiar and enormous problems. The Federal character principle negates the principle of fair competition and promotes mediocrity in the service which invariably retards development. The main problem of this study is to evaluate the ,impact of quota system policy of staff recruitment, selection and placement in the result-orientation of the Fhonyi state civil
To enhance the efficacy, rationality and objectivity, the study, shall be guided by the following research questions:
1. Is the quota system of staff recruitment, selection and
placement in the civil service in Ebonyi state serving the better inter 1st. of the Ebonyians?
2. What are the impact of the quota system on the output of the Ebonyi state civil service?
3. I f . the federal character or quota system of staff recruitment, selection and placement is reformulated to balance with the concept of merit, will there be effectiveness and efficiency in the state civil service?
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF TI-JESTUDY:
The general objective of the study is to find out the effects of quota system policy on recruitment, selection and placement on the performance of Ebonyi state civil service. In specific terms, the objective of the s t l l ~ lare~?
1. To identify and describe the extent to which the po
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE IN THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET ONITSHA BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The capital market exists primarily to facilitate funds mobilization and allocation in an economy...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Leasing as a means of financing investments in tangible assets has made a significant contribution to capital formation in the Nigerian econo...Continue Reading »
3. ANALYSIS OF BUSINESS OBJECTIVE AND THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENT THROUGH EFFECTIVE COST CONTROL (A Case Study Of Lake Concrete Industries Limited, Enugu State)» ABSTRACT This study is centered on the analysis of business objective and their accomplishment through effective cost control in lake concerted indust...Continue Reading »
4. A STUDY OF THE ACCOUNTABILITY AND BUDGET IMPLEMENTATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE, ENUGU)» ABSTRACT Basically, this research was undertaken to analyze the accountability and budget implementation in Nigeria (a case study of ministry of finan...Continue Reading »
» Abstract There is little known about the role of accounting information in terms of its ability to explain changes to the security prices of listed co...Continue Reading »
» ABTRACT Corporate organizations owe a duty to fully disclose matters concerning their operations so as to aid investors in making investment decisions...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Accounting information by definition is about provision of financial information needed to take d...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the independency of the central bank of Nigeria. This study was guided by the following objectives; to ev...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Omuya (1990) defined “accounting as a language of business, it is used in the business worl...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page Declaration Approval page Acknowledgement Abstract. Chapter one Introduction 1.1 Statement of general problem 1.2 Objectiv...Continue Reading »