Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
The modern business organization is a highly complex affair and thus the
function of the secretary is becoming more is a highly complex affair and thus
the function of the secretary is becoming more challenging. Every business
management aims at making profit and at the same time, strives to provide the
needs of its employees. The socio-economic and technological system of modern
business has taken a new dimension. Thus could be attributed to challenges in
the society. Thus, hails and Hubband (1977) said many organizations have
changed their internal system to match changes in the environment. Business
managers have now employed means to create a better working relationship
between their employee and themselves. Employees are motivated to increase
productivity and ensure good working conditions. Humbly (1975) said that
successful management of change requires an understanding of humans motivation.
Hails and husband (1977) went further to say that every country must operate
within an economic system that provides its citizens with necessary goods and
services. To meet these needs modern business have adopted measures like:
introduction of modern office equipment, performance appraisal, providing
office security, training employees. Etc.
As the duties of the secretary is becoming more and more complex, it is imperative to tach not only skills and techniques necessary for these functions but also a more general training that would give the secretary the possibility of career development. Anyatonwu (N.d.) opined that, the role of the secretary in today’s business has assumed added dimensions and they are no longer limited to shorthand and typewriting to become secretary. He further said that, secretary today cover many responsibility for which they are employed. The social system of business organizations has also taken a new trend. Modern business satisfy the needs of their employees, which was not the case in the past. Hence, humble (1975) opined that considerations of adaptability and motivation are not as same believes it to be of mere academic interest but, now it is practical importance to business. He also said that, social responsibility is one of the key areas of business and that computer has added a new dimension to business and social activities. Technological system can be conceived to be creative. To its creativity, Marvin and Mareia (1984) said that, “office automation should help to increase productivity, eliminate waste, and create new and more challenging jobs for those willing to adopt themselves to the new system.
1.2 Statement of problems
modern business organisation is a highly complex affair and thus the function
of the secretary is becoming more and more challenging, therefore, with this
modernization, the secretary are faced with the following problems. The
business managers strive to maximize profit through the introduction of new
economic system, thus, in modern business it is believed that office automation
should help to increase productivity eliminate waste and create new and more
challenging jobs for those willing to adapt themselves to the new system. The technological
innovation may affect the workplace of a secretary in several ways, one of
which is to render skills and knowledge obsolete. The change in the system of
modern business organizations has made the job of the secretary more
challenging. One must have an understanding of what one is supposed to do how
to do it and various ways one can fail.
Again, the secretary who is not well trained and not well equipped may not be able to carry out her task effectively, socially, economically and technologically. To this effect, in discharging her functions, she may not get cooperations from her boss, colleagues or even outsiders.
1.2 Objectives of the study
The major objectives of this study is to determine the socio-economic and technological system of modern business and how they affect the job of the secretary and also to determine the possible challenges faced by modern day secretaries and enlighten the secretary to move as the modern business moves by giving themselves, sound educational background, training and skills.
The study will help to:
Identify the functions of the secretary in modern business
ii. Examine the socio-economic and technological system of modern business.
iii. Look into the possible challenges faced by the secretary
iv. Look into the level of adaptability of the secretary to this new trend in modern business.
v. Find possible solutions to the problem to enable secretaries fit in the new system.
1.3 Significance of study
project is intended to educate professional secretary on possible ways which
they can improve their skills in order to adapt to the new system.
To the would-be secretaries, this study will give them an insight into the new system of modern business organization so as to have foreknowledge of what would be required of them in the future. It will also prepare their mind for what they will be faced with in the business world.
To the business organization, this study will create an awareness of the implications of this new system to its productivity and profit so as to be able to modify the system to suit its employees.
To the institution, this study will create the need to include new courses into the school curricula so as to impart better knowledge on to introduce the use of modern office equipment and provide enough and well-equipped lecturers to handle the courses.
1.4 Research Questions
direct the line of this study, the following research questions are asked:
1. Are the functions of modern day secretaries different from those of the past?
2. Are secretaries affected by the socio-economic and technological system?
3. Are there challenges posed to the secretary by the new socio-economic and technological system?
4. Are there challenges posed to the secretary by the new socio-economic and technological system
5. Are there possible solustions that will enable the secretary to fit in?
study is limited in its coverage because of time constraint. It would have been
ideal to cover more than one business establishment in Enugu State. Time –
constrained the researched in Enugu state. Time constrained the researched due
to academic work that needed urgent attention.
Another constraint is finance, due to the economic situation of the country, the researcher, limited her study to the area mentioned.
1.6 Delimitation/ Scope of the study
This study focuses mainly on the effects of the new socio-economic and technological system. The investigation may not be exhaustive as it should be therefore, the researcher have limited herself to a selected business organization in Enugu state.
1.7 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), statement of problem, objectives of the study, research question, significance or the study, research methodology, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlight the theoretical framework on which the study its based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF SINGLE PARENTAL IN BAYELSA (CASE STUDY OF A[IEBIRI COMMUNITY LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BAYELSA STATE)» ABSTRACT The research work on the effect of single parent looks at the attitude toword girl child education as a less important to primary education. ...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUTION OF ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF IBESIKPO ASUTAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT This study appraised the Accounting system in the Local Government Councils in Akwa Ibom State in which Ibesikpo Asutan Local Government Coun...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work deals with the challenges of internal audit function in the Nigerian public sector with reference to Kaduna state ministry...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study has been carried out critically analysis and the impact of effective public sector accounting on public fund management in Nigeria...Continue Reading »
5. The problems and possible solutions of teaching and learning of geography effectively in secondary schools» ABSTRACT The purpose of this research was to investigate teachers’ professional proficiency in terms of geography as a subject and English as th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT State recognition is one of the oldest practice in international relations, and one of the most vexed concepts in international law since the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study is aimed at surveying the effects of fringe benefits on employee performance in the hospitality industry. Because of the reduction ...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF FIRMS CHARACTERISTICS ON REAL EARNINGS MANAGEMENT IN THE LISTED INDUSTRIAL GOODS FIRMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Accounting information has been the major input in capital allocation decisions of investors and ...Continue Reading »
» Definition of AuditAudit has been defined in various ways but with little variations. According to Benin (2001) in his dictionary of management, Vol. ...Continue Reading »
10. EVALUATING TAX ADMINISTRATION IN UYO AKWA IBOM STATE; PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE UYO)» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to assess and evaluate the problems and prospects of tax administration in Akwa Ibom State. The study employs a surv...Continue Reading »