Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
The dividend of shareholders and its impact on productivity has been severally been called into question. Most school of thoughts has it that dividend of shareholders does not have a significant impact on their productivity level while other school of thoughts are of the contrary opinion. Dividend overtime has had a leading role to play in corporate organizations and more especially in the wellbeing of shareholders. Dividend off course helps to is increase or improve the revenue base of shareholders, corporate monetary managers make different financial decisions and dividend policy decision is cardinal amongst them (Baker &Powell 1999). Dividend decision has great impact on firm financial decision and stock price and most importantly on its shareholders; increase in dividends would improve the revenue base of its shareholders while a decrease in dividend would be on the contrary as their financial base would be negatively affected. Simians (1995) argue that the productivity of shareholders is largely influenced by the organization’s dividend policy. It is an approach which is used to distribute the profit back to its shareholders. If a company is in a growing stage, it may decide it will be reinvested in company’s future projects rather than distributing the profit to shareholders .If a company decides to pay dividend, it must decide how much and at what rate dividend should be paid. Dividend policy plays a frontline role to play in terms of the commitment and corporate productivity of its shareholders. If a company pays handsome return to its shareholders it will help to improve the productivity of its shareholders thereby ensuring corporate growth of the company and vice versa. So we can say dividend policy have a strong impact on growth and productivity. Dividend policy is guidelines for financial managers, how to pay dividend to the shareholders either through cash dividend or through fixed percentage dividend. The primary objective of any organization is to maximize the wealth of shareholders. Financial manager’s aim is to take a decision in such a way that shareholders receive the high contribution of dividend which leads to increase the price of share. Because market price is an indicator of profitability, progress and productivity of both the shareholders and company by extension, however, it is an unresolved issue whether the dividend policy has impact on its shareholders wealth.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem of productivity in corporate organizations especially when it comes to employees has overtime been a puzzle. This is as a result of the general problem of less productivity on the part of employees and this has negatively affected the corporate growth of companies. Overtime in Nigeria, shareholders dividend has witnessed a negative trend of continual retrogression due to the harsh economic situation of Nigeria. A major offshoot of this malady has led to shareholders not giving their best as a result of lack of financial motivation. This has negatively further affected the economic development of Nigeria.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The following would be the aims and objectives of venturing into this study.
1. To examine the impact of dividends on shareholders productivity.
2. To know the impact of prompt payment of dividend on the growth of an organization.
3. To examine the relationship between shareholders productivity and dividends.
4. To recommend ways of improving shareholders productivity in Nigeria
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: Dividends do not significantly influence shareholders productivity.
H1: Dividends significantly influence shareholders productivity.
H02: there is no impact of prompt payment of dividend on the growth of an organization.
H2: there is impact of prompt payment of dividend on the growth of an organization
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study would be of immense benefit to corporate organizations in terms of the pros and cons of dividend policy and how it relates or affects shareholders. This work would equally be beneficial to government at all levels, students and researchers who are interested on the impact of dividends on shareholders productivity.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers productivity impact of dividend of shareholders. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
PRODUCTIVITY: Productivity describes various measures of the efficiency of production. A productivity measure is expressed as the ratio of output to inputs used in a production process, i.e. output per unit of input.
DIVIDEND: A dividend is a distribution of a portion of a company's earnings, decided by the board of directors, to a class of its shareholders. Dividends can be issued as cash payments, as shares of stock, or other property.
SHAREHOLDER: A shareholder or stockholder is an individual or institution (including a corporation) that legally owns one or more shares of stock in a public or private corporation. Shareholders may be referred to as members of a corporation.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Inventory in the form of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods constitutes significa...Continue Reading »
2. ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN FINANCING SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC, ABAKALIKI)» ABSTRACT The major objective of this study is to ascertain the extent to which the commercial banks play in financing small and medium scale industrie...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The last decade has witnessed several accounting scandals and corporate failures that were blamed...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This accounting research topic is to examines the relevance of accounting ethics in accounting education.The accounting profession is being t...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL LITERACY ON THE PROFITABILITY OF SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY, CROSS RIVER STATE.» ABSTRACT The focus of this research is on the impact of financial literacy on the profitability of some small scale enterprises in Calabar Municipalit...Continue Reading »
6. FUND MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF EBONYI STATE: A STUDY OF IZZI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT With emphasis on control mechanisms and the management of local government funds in Nigeria with Izzi Local Government of Ebonyi state as a s...Continue Reading »
7. IMPACT OF CORPERATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF LISTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Content vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE INTRODUC...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPLEMENTATION AND ADOPTION OF INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING STANDARDS ON FINANCIAL REPORTING QUALITY IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SECTOR» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration Page ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vii List of Tables xi Abstract x...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Forms of banking have been in existence about 500 BC. The early bankers (the jews) lombandy in Italy transacted their bus...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF COMPUTER-ASSISTED AUDIT IN FRAUD DETECTION IN AN ORGANIZATION A STUDY OF ANCHOR INSURANCE COMPANY, UYO» ABSTRACT The choice of this topic “The Impact of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques in Fraud Detection in an Organization” a study of Anch...Continue Reading »