Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study was carried out to examine investigate product development and marketing financial services in a competitive banking environment with a particular focus to Zenith Bank Plc. To achieve this objective, four research questions and three research hypotheses were formulated to guide this study. The data was collected from primary sources. The primary data were collected with the help of a well-structured questionnaire of two sections administered to the staff and management of Zenith Bank Plc. The collected data were analyzed with tables and simple percentages to analyze the research questions while Chi-square statistical tool was used to test research hypotheses. The study revealed that there are significant differences in the quality or services provided by banks; the adoption of the marketing concept in reaction to competition rather than as a response to needs has significant effect on its success or failure and government regulations play significant role in the provision of quality service to customers. The study concluded with some recommendations that the marketing department should be strengthened and equipped with adequate human and material resources.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The Nigeria economy has been suffering series of setback in the recent years as the major macroeconomics indicators have been giving negative indications over the years. Some of these indicates have direct bearing. on the financial sector, which has equally witnessed a series of upheavals that greatly affected it fortunes. Infact, the last few years have been a trial period for the financial industry in general and commercial Banks in particular, as the industry entered a period of turbulence, uncertainty, volatility of interest (due to regulations and deregulations) and exchange rate fluctuation while increasing competition and risks deemed to typify the new environment.
The reasons for this could be traced directly to changing government policies, technological changes, changes in economic climatic and competition. It is therefore restating the obvious that Nigeria is at a point in history when the downturn In the economy is forcing the government to reappraise its past strategies for solving both economic and social problems most especially in the face of increasing economic fortune for the banks against all other economic odds.
It is on this premise that the practice or banking needs to be overhauled and the concept of marketing of banking services introduced. The adoption or the marketing concept is the recognition by the management that the organization exist to serve customers in a way that it will be translated into real sector or the economy and that it can only satisfy its shareholders In the long run by providing customers satisfaction at a point.
Today, Nigerian Banking industry needs to emulate the customers goods, industry by adoption marketing strategies that reflect the demand and specific requirement of the their customers for the overall growth of the industry.
1.2 STATEMENT FO THE PROBLEM
The Nigerian banking sectors in the 1989’s are faced with series of problem of which is, in producing more customers and finds. Because then banks are not faced with any practice of competition, there were few banks and few people who keep their money in the bank. The banks were not bothered to increase the number of customers they have or to generate more funds, because there was no competition going on in the banking sector then and this did not make them to produce anything new to the general public.
Not until the re-capitalization in banking sector that many banks came up with different kinds of product such as: ATM Card, Cash Card, debit Card, Credit etc. This project is aimed at exposing some of the problems in the banking sectors, which are introdudual banks tries to raise more customers by introducing new techniques that is differs from other banks.
The gap of study to fill that the management should adopt the rights strategies that will put Bank on a sound fasting among others and should also fashioned out strategic plans for them to grow not only in the sector but in the economy as a whole.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following research question would be the main focus of this research study:
1. As product development really affect the operation of Banks?
2. Are there problem playing the product development in banking sector?
3. Does management decision policies really affect the product development?
4. Docs the possession of higher qualifications in the banking industry has any significant in the provision of good service delivery?
1.4 OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study is to examine the; product development of financial service in a competitive Banking Environment using Zenith Bank as a case study.
Other specific objectives arc to:
1. Identify the strategies used by banks to survive this competition.
2. Determine the extent to which the marketing is been applied in the banking industry, its impact on customers satisfaction.
3. Examine effect of product development on customer’s satisfaction.
4. Determine the effect of product development on banks performances.
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESES
The following are the hypothesis that will-be tested during the course of this study:
1. H0: There are no significant differences in the quality of services provided by banks.
H1: There are significant differences in the quality or services provided by banks.
2. H0: The adoption or the marketing concept in reaction to competition rather than as a response to market needs has no significant effect on its success or failure.
H1: The adoption of the marketing concept in reaction to competition rather than as a response to needs has significant effect on its success or failure.
3. H0: Government regulations play no significant role in the provision of quality service to customers.
H1: Government regulations play significant role In the provision of quality service to customers.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research provides a framework of challenges for the competiting bank. This is because in a competitive environment firms will constantly innovate and differentiate services from those of their competitors.
The benefits derived from such innovation is differentiation of products and services qualities and their abilities to face challenges in their operating environment. On the other hand, where products and services are not differentiated competition would not be keen. Consequently, service industries will be affected. Thus, having impact of the overall development of the banking industries. Hence there is need for research.
1.7 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
The impact of product development and marketing of financial services will be evaluated by both quantitative and qualitative techniques.
The data would be collected from various sources such as journals, textbooks and Annual Reports. Data collected are to be analyzed using statistical computation such as chi-square and percentages. The choice of this model will be simple enough in analyzing the data collected. It also allows for easy manageability and easy interpretation of result for the purpose of research work.
1.8 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study covers employees of Zenith Bank who are in marketing department in the head office and marketing officers in some of their various branches which is limited to a randomly selection.
Also, to do a thorough research study of the subject matter will require considerable time, which under, the circumstance is not available. Time, therefore is the greatest constraints to study of this nature.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Capital: This is the amount of money used to set up a business.
Customer: A person who has or intends to have an account relation with a bank.
Deregulated Economy: This is a situation whereby controls on all fiscal, monetary, trade, pricing and exchange rate policies are moved.
Globalization: The idea of the different countries and economics of the world being closely connected together by modern communications and therefore economically, politically, socially and environmentally dependent on each others.
Internet: The large system of many connected computers around the world which people use to communication with each other.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Given today complex and rapidly changing management climate, most large companies, major institut...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 183 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» TABLES OF CONTENT TITLE PAGE DEDICATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT TABLE OF CONTENTS CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBL...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 229 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Every business organization whether in the public or private sector is established to achieve ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 474 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN THE PREVENTION OF POLLUTION IN THE MARITIME INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF RIVERS PORT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Countries with small populations and higher levels of development may cope with globalization bet...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 595 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. THE CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS OF MARKETING POULTRY AND POULTRY PRODUCTS I N KUMASI. A CASE STUDY OF AKATE FARMS TRADING AND COMPANY LIMITED.» ABSTRACT The poultry industry serves as employment and a source of income to many people but for a long time, marketing has not been critically consid...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 138 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» Abstract This project is poised at X – raying the degree of “ the role of financial management in a corporate organization”. Making ...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 68 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. DEBT RECOVERY TECHNIQUES IN THE BANKING SECTORS ISSUES, PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIG PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Actually, for every successful business, there must be a debt in the sense that one person or customer must own the owner of ...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 338 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The aim of the study was to appraise internal control system in a medium scale business focusing on Innoson Company, Enugu. The objectives of...Continue Reading »
51 pages | 223 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. THE ROLE OF RATIO ANALYSIS IN BUSINESS DECISIONS A CASE STUDY OF O. JACO BROS. ENT. (NIG.) LTD.ABA, ABIA STATE» ABSTRACT Accounting information provided by means of financial statements The income statement and the Balance Sheet are often in summarized form. Vie...Continue Reading »
101 pages | 693 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study There is no doubt that credit management is central to the liquidity of firms; especially manufac...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 302 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING