Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,500
1.1 Background to the Study
Leasing is a contract existing between the lessee and the lessor in which the lessor offers equipment or property to the lessee for rent at an agreed installment payment over a given period of time. The lessor retains ownership while the lessee enjoys the benefit of using the equipment or property over the period. Leasing is specially contracted for the use of land and equipment and it is as old as modern civilization. The responsibility of maintaining the leased asset lies with the lessor Leasing Properties provides the access to assets required for productive ventures, and to boost economic growth and development –Olusoga (2004).
It is suitable for the financing of fixed assets while equity is suitable for financing the use of permanent Asset for permanent operation without any threat of management/ownership, take over or dilution as well as the maintenance right balance in capital gearing structure-Owoeye (2004). Also leasing provided ease of exit when the period of the contract is due .The per capital income in Nigeria is low therefore it is difficult for entrepreneurs to accumulate fund for capital investment. This situation encourages the adoption of equipment leasing as alternative.
Competitive Market: The lease market is more competitive and customer driven especially now that the lease business is being appreciated as a lucrative business. This is because of the combination of more knowledgeable and aggressive lessees with inexpensive analytical tools. Impersonal Lease Services: The growth in technology and equipment system has greatly impacted on the business to grow into larger scale organizations running leasing services.
Changes in Lease Products: Most lease industries globally are not regulated. This spurs up market competition and quick adoption to evolving lease product mix in response to vagaries in environmental policies, Emergency of International Markets: Trade liberalization and increase in lease awareness and sophistication. Therefore the research seeks to investigate leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities (a case study of 7up bottling company plc).
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The adoption of lease as a source of fund is not without challenges especially in developing countries were leasing is not a very popular method of funding. Several problems include inadequacies in government policies which affects leasing contract in Nigeria; The Lack of social-political stability and security impedes on the development of leasing business. Lack of specialization and professionalism in the practice of leasing provides no standard measure of determining the effective and efficiency of the business. Inadequacy of legal and regulatory environmental frame works for the protection of lessees and lessors in equipment lease exchange relationships; This also impedes on the motivation to run the business. The lease market is poorly funded, hence the high incidence of fraud and corruption-Fraudulent practices-The lessor imposed stringent conditions, and each desires and actually takes advantage of the other in pricing, distribution and positioning of the offer and in the consumption of the product. These behaviors that are fraudulent and prerogative affect the components of the leased asset .inability and unwillingness of government to address the negative impacts of the Statement of Accounting Standard II which denies lessees the right to claims on capital allowance. As a result leasing is considered expensive compared to outright acquisition of assets for productive activities-there is lack of quality legal and regularity environment for the practice of leasing in Nigeria; hence activities in other sectors of the economy have direct negative impacts on leasing-Olusoga (2004). Instance of this is the fact that the judicial process in seeking redress for breach of lease obligations in Nigeria is cumbersome-Wright (2003), thus lessors have often lost their investments on equipment.
The problem of inadequacy in pricing strategies and policies, poor promotional strategies and failure to appreciate the peculiar nature of the Nigeria lease service consumers and their behavior in lease market targeting and offer positioning. The Nigeria lease industry is more of the sellers’ market; the lessors impose stringent conditions on the lessees as exchange value for the derived benefits of the lease equipment at different periods in the life span of the equipment. As a result of this lessees are involved in different fraudulent activities to cushion the impact of high price of the lease services. The problem confronting the research therefore is to proffer an appraisal of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities (a case study of 7up bottling company plc).
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1. To proffer an appraisal on. leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities (a case study of 7up bottling company plc).
2. To evaluate the role of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities.
1.4 Research Questions
1. What is the nature and role of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities?
2. What is the role of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Ho: The role of leasing as a source of fund for 7up bottling company plc. is not effective.
Hi: The role of leasing as a source of fund for 7up bottling company plc. is effective.
1.6 Significance of the Study
The research shall proffer an appraisal of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities (a case study of 7up bottling company plc).
1.7 Scope of the Study
The study focuses on the appraisal of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities (a case study of 7up bottling company plc).
1.8 Limitations of the Study
The study was confronted by some constraints including Financial and time factors.
Financial constraint: Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint: The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 Definition of Terms
Leasing: is a contract existing between the lessee and the lessor in which the lessor offers equipment or property to the lessee for rent at an agreed installment payment over a given period of time. The lessor retains ownership while the lessee enjoys the benefit of using the equipment or property over the period.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. FUND MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF EBONYI STATE: A STUDY OF IZZI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT With emphasis on control mechanisms and the management of local government funds in Nigeria with Izzi Local Government of Ebonyi state as a s...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL LITERACY ON THE PROFITABILITY OF SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY, CROSS RIVER STATE.» ABSTRACT The focus of this research is on the impact of financial literacy on the profitability of some small scale enterprises in Calabar Municipalit...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research work has investigated “ the internal audit as a tool for management control” (A case study of project development i...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETIES ON LOCAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SAPELE DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION For effective Local Community Development in Nigeria, various Successive governments have embarked on several programme s...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The objective of this research work was to find out the problems and prospects of teaching English Language in Secondary Schools in Enugu Sou...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In recent times, there are persistent entails larger transparency and revelation of monetary info...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF TAXATION ON INVESTMENT DECISION OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (2006) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the strategies for improving accounting education in secondary schools. Four research questi...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF COST ACCOUNTING TECHNIQUES ON PERFORMANCE OF SMES (A SURVEY OF SELECTED SMALL AND MEDIUM FIRMS IN PORT HARCOURT USE CHI-SQUARE TO TEST ...» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The business environment has become intensively dynamic and increasingly unpredictable in recent de...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Local government in Nigeria could have been said to have started when politicians assumed leaders...Continue Reading »