Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,500
1.1 Background to the Study
Leasing is a contract existing between the lessee and the lessor in which the lessor offers equipment or property to the lessee for rent at an agreed installment payment over a given period of time. The lessor retains ownership while the lessee enjoys the benefit of using the equipment or property over the period. Leasing is specially contracted for the use of land and equipment and it is as old as modern civilization. The responsibility of maintaining the leased asset lies with the lessor Leasing Properties provides the access to assets required for productive ventures, and to boost economic growth and development –Olusoga (2004).
It is suitable for the financing of fixed assets while equity is suitable for financing the use of permanent Asset for permanent operation without any threat of management/ownership, take over or dilution as well as the maintenance right balance in capital gearing structure-Owoeye (2004). Also leasing provided ease of exit when the period of the contract is due .The per capital income in Nigeria is low therefore it is difficult for entrepreneurs to accumulate fund for capital investment. This situation encourages the adoption of equipment leasing as alternative.
Competitive Market: The lease market is more competitive and customer driven especially now that the lease business is being appreciated as a lucrative business. This is because of the combination of more knowledgeable and aggressive lessees with inexpensive analytical tools. Impersonal Lease Services: The growth in technology and equipment system has greatly impacted on the business to grow into larger scale organizations running leasing services.
Changes in Lease Products: Most lease industries globally are not regulated. This spurs up market competition and quick adoption to evolving lease product mix in response to vagaries in environmental policies, Emergency of International Markets: Trade liberalization and increase in lease awareness and sophistication. Therefore the research seeks to investigate leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities (a case study of 7up bottling company plc).
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The adoption of lease as a source of fund is not without challenges especially in developing countries were leasing is not a very popular method of funding. Several problems include inadequacies in government policies which affects leasing contract in Nigeria; The Lack of social-political stability and security impedes on the development of leasing business. Lack of specialization and professionalism in the practice of leasing provides no standard measure of determining the effective and efficiency of the business. Inadequacy of legal and regulatory environmental frame works for the protection of lessees and lessors in equipment lease exchange relationships; This also impedes on the motivation to run the business. The lease market is poorly funded, hence the high incidence of fraud and corruption-Fraudulent practices-The lessor imposed stringent conditions, and each desires and actually takes advantage of the other in pricing, distribution and positioning of the offer and in the consumption of the product. These behaviors that are fraudulent and prerogative affect the components of the leased asset .inability and unwillingness of government to address the negative impacts of the Statement of Accounting Standard II which denies lessees the right to claims on capital allowance. As a result leasing is considered expensive compared to outright acquisition of assets for productive activities-there is lack of quality legal and regularity environment for the practice of leasing in Nigeria; hence activities in other sectors of the economy have direct negative impacts on leasing-Olusoga (2004). Instance of this is the fact that the judicial process in seeking redress for breach of lease obligations in Nigeria is cumbersome-Wright (2003), thus lessors have often lost their investments on equipment.
The problem of inadequacy in pricing strategies and policies, poor promotional strategies and failure to appreciate the peculiar nature of the Nigeria lease service consumers and their behavior in lease market targeting and offer positioning. The Nigeria lease industry is more of the sellers’ market; the lessors impose stringent conditions on the lessees as exchange value for the derived benefits of the lease equipment at different periods in the life span of the equipment. As a result of this lessees are involved in different fraudulent activities to cushion the impact of high price of the lease services. The problem confronting the research therefore is to proffer an appraisal of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities (a case study of 7up bottling company plc).
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1. To proffer an appraisal on. leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities (a case study of 7up bottling company plc).
2. To evaluate the role of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities.
1.4 Research Questions
1. What is the nature and role of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities?
2. What is the role of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Ho: The role of leasing as a source of fund for 7up bottling company plc. is not effective.
Hi: The role of leasing as a source of fund for 7up bottling company plc. is effective.
1.6 Significance of the Study
The research shall proffer an appraisal of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities (a case study of 7up bottling company plc).
1.7 Scope of the Study
The study focuses on the appraisal of leasing as a source of fund for corporate entities (a case study of 7up bottling company plc).
1.8 Limitations of the Study
The study was confronted by some constraints including Financial and time factors.
Financial constraint: Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint: The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 Definition of Terms
Leasing: is a contract existing between the lessee and the lessor in which the lessor offers equipment or property to the lessee for rent at an agreed installment payment over a given period of time. The lessor retains ownership while the lessee enjoys the benefit of using the equipment or property over the period.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The research seeks to examine effectiveness of team work and participation of employees in the decision making process in private and public ...Continue Reading »
2. THE RELEVANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM IN DECISION MAKING (A STUDY OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE, AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT The aim of this research was to assess the relevance of Accounting Information system in Decision making using Ministry of Finance, Akwa Ibom...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Over the years, Nigeria has experienced series of attacks and blast in most region of the country...Continue Reading »
4. THE INFLUENCE OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORTING ON THE MANAGEMENT OF A BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)» ABSTRACT This study sought to assess the influence of financial accounting reporting on the management of a business organization. Specifically, the ,...Continue Reading »
5. ACCOUNTING FOR MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING INDUSTRY. (A CASE STUDY OF UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC IN LAGOS AND UYO METROPOLIS)» ABSTRACT The study was designed to examine Mergers and Acquisitions in the Banking Industry in Nigeria using United Bank for Africa as a case study. T...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research work has investigated “ the internal audit as a tool for management control” (A case study of project development i...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ACCOUNTABILITY, PROBITY AND TRANSPARENCY IN THE FEDERAL CIVIL SERVICES» ABSTRACT The central idea of this study was to find out the impact of public accountants (including bursars of unity schools) in the implementation of...Continue Reading »
8. DETERMINANTS OF INTERNAL AUDIT EFFECTIVENESS IN KANO STATE MINISTRIES, DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES (MDAs)» ABSTRACT Effective internal audit is an important and integral function of organizations that helps in achieving its objectives and protecting organiz...Continue Reading »
9. DEBT RECOVERY TECHNIQUES IN THE BANKING SECTORS ISSUES, PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIG PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Actually, for every successful business, there must be a debt in the sense that one person or customer must own the owner of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYSole Proprietorship is a type of business owned and operated by one person. It is the oldest, common...Continue Reading »