Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study investigated the relationship between job satisfaction and self esteem on organizational commitment of civil servant among officers of the Nigeria Immigration service in Anambra state. The population of the study was made up of one hundred (100) questionnaires measuring job satisfaction and self esteem on organizational commitments were randomly distributed to the participants. The instruments were validated by smith, P. C. (1969) and Cook & Wall (1980). A reliability coefficient of 0.68 and a table value of 0.164 were obtained. Data collected were analyzed using mean, standard deviation and Pearson Product Moment Correlation.
The results of the study showed that: there is a positive influence between job satisfaction and self esteem on organizational commitment among the immigration workers. The nature of the work organization and the design of jobs can have a significant effect on the job satisfaction of workers. It is the willingness of employees to accept organizational values and goals and to work towards achieving these. Job satisfaction is affected by intrinsic and extrinsic motivating factors, the quality of supervision, social relationships with the work group and the degree to which individuals succeed or fail in their work. The following recommendations were made based on the findings: workers should be accepted by management as key stakeholders in the organization.
There should be a proper communication channel between the workers and the organization. Management should be encouraged to ensure a policy of employment security, and ensure that steps are taken to avoid involuntary redundancies. All workers entitlement and allowances should be given them as and when due. Limitations and suggestions for further studies were made and conclusions drawn.
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
To make the best use of people as a valuable resource of the organization, attention must be given to the relationship between staff, and the nature and content of their jobs. The nature of the work organization and the design of jobs can have a significant effect on the job satisfaction of the staff. Job satisfaction is defined as an individual’s reaction to the job experience. Berry (1997). However, my interest was aroused in carrying out this research in view of certain attitudes, feelings and abilities being exhibited by the officers of the Nigeria immigration service, Anambra state command in respect to their job. Hence, the need for the study; in order to determine how variables such as pay, promotion, benefits, supervisor, co-works, work conditions, safety, communication, productivity and the work itself influence the way the officers feel about the job. Each of these factors figures into an individual’s job satisfaction differently. Also, this paper highlights the importance of organizational commitment for effective research. Herscovich and Meyer defined organizational commitment as the degree to which an employee identifies with the goals and values of the organization and is willing to exert effort to make it succeed. My interest was also aroused to carry out this study in order to establish the degree of commitment towards the goals and values of the Nigeria Immigration service by its officers. It has been suggested by Cyert and March (1963), Mangham (1979) and Mintzerg (1983) that an
Organization is really a coalition of interest groups, where political processes are inevitable part of everyday life. Coopey and Hartley (1991) argue that if employees are expected and encouraged to commit themselves tightly to a single set of values and goals they will not be able to cope with the ambiguities and uncertainties that are endemic in organizational life in terms of change. Values can be defined in ways that allow for freedom of choice within broad guidelines.
STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
1. Is there a relationship between job satisfaction and organisational commitment among the Nigeria immigration officers in Anambra State?
2. Are variables such as pay, promotions, supervisor, co-workers, security of job and the job itself influence the overall performance of the Nigeria immigration officers in Anambra State?
3. To what degree is the officers of the Nigeria immigration service in Anambra State committed to the goals and values of the service?
4. To what extent are the officers of the Nigeria Immigration service, Anambra State Command satisfied with their job?
5. What is the general assessment of the job by the officers of the Nigeria Immigration service in Anambra State?
AIM OF THE RESEARCH
Goals such as the good of the organization or effective performance at work may provide a degree of motivation for some employees, who could be regarded as committed in so far as they feel they own the relationship between job satisfaction and organisational commitment among the Nigeria Immigration workers.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This is to relate the achievement of excellence to getting the whole hearted commitment of the work force of the Nigeria Immigration service, Anambra state command. The study can provide feedback that recognizes the contribution of officers and can spell out the significance of the work they do.
LIMITATIONS OF STUDY
The research was conducted within the confines of the Nigerian Immigration Service where the questionnaires were randomly distributed to the Officers. However, some of them did not properly identify themselves and some did not state their age.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Job satisfaction:- This can be defined as a pleasurable emotional state resulting from the appraisal of one’s job; an effective reaction to one’s job, and an attitude towards one’s job Weiss (2002).
Job satisfaction describes how content an individual is with his or her job. The happier people are within their job, the more satisfied they are said to be.
Workers:- This comprises of the whole male and female officers of the immigration service, Anambra state command; that participated in the study.
Organizational Commitment:- Is the relative strength of an individual’s identification with an involvement in , a particular organization. Porter et al (1974).
Organizational commitment develop mutuality, a state that exists when management and employees are independent and both benefit from this independency. Walton (1985).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF CAPITAL MARKET ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE, UYO)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »
2. AN ASSESSMENT OF ADEQUATE RISK RECOGNITION AND MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIAN INSURANCE COMPANIES (A case study of Leadway Assurance Company. Plc. Kaduna)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Insurance is a security device used by the inured to protect himself against a risk purchased fro...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years the budgeting system has been a traditional way of managing and controlling compan...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine application of new media in Radio Niger, Minna. The study adopted survey research design using questio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY One of the common tools for macro economic development in developing countries is tax incentives....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT vi One of the major macroeconomic variables that compliment bank performance is availability of capital. Economic theories show that inadequa...Continue Reading »
7. AN EVALUATION OF IMPACT OF COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0. INTRODUCTION During the primitive age very little or no notes were taken into proper record especially those activities and transacti...Continue Reading »
8. THE USE OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION IN APPRAISING THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS (A CASE STUDY OF GUINNESS NIG PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The basis for financial planning, analysis and decision making is the financial information neede...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF POOR ACCOUNTING RECORDS IN SMALL AND MEDIUM PROFIT MAKING ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF ASA VENTURES LTD, OZORO, ISOKO NORTH L.G.A)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Proper accounting record is very vital for the survival of business in any making organization as...Continue Reading »
10. INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING STANDARDS (IPSAS) AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN MINISTRIES, DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES (MDAs). A STUDY OF MINISTRY OF...» 1.1 Background to the Study The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) has made it a precondition and directive that the public sector of any ...Continue Reading »