Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study examines the impact of Capital Market performance on economic growth of Nigeria for the period 1983 – 2010. Economic growth was proxied by gross domestic product while capital market performance was measured by market capitalization, total new issues, volume of transaction and listed equities. Data was collected using secondary source of data only. The technique employed was multiple regression as tool of analysis for the study. The findings of the study shows that the capital market performance has positively and significantly impacted on the Nigerian economy within the period of the study (1983- 2010). The study therefore, recommends among others that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) should ensure free flow of information in the market. This is necessary in order to attract more investors and increase new issues which will automatically increase the quantum of market capitalization that will result in improving the performance of the Nigerian capital market.
1.1 Background to the study
The Capital market in any country is one of the major pillars of long-term economic growth and development. The market serves a broad range of clientele, including different levels of government, corporate bodies and individuals within and outside the country. Capital formation entails accumulated savings out of the current incomes of either organization or individual. It is investment in fixed assets which in part is financed with monies raised through the capital market (Al-Faki, 2006). The Capital market has been one of the major means through which foreign funds are injected into most economies and the tendency towards a global economy is more visible there than anywhere else. It is therefore, quite valid to state that the growth of the capital market has become one of the barometers for measuring the overall economic growth of a nation (Emenuga, 1998).
The development of the capital market has generated two major sets of
economic benefits. First, it has improved the allocation of capital,
because the prices of corporate debt and equity respond immediately to
shifts in demand and supply, changes in the outlook for an industry
(and/or company) are quickly embodied in current asset prices.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF URBANIZATION ON PERI-URBAN AGRICULTURAL LAND USE IN IGABI LOCAL GOVERNMENT, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT Urbanization is a major driver of pressure on land use occasioned by encroachment into peri urban agricultural lands which is as a result of ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Table of Contents Abstract CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Statement of Resear...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study According to Grasmuck (2000), a small enterprise is a type of small business, often registered, ha...Continue Reading »
4. CRITICALLY EVALUATE THE IMPACT OF ICT ON THE NIGERIAN ECONOMIC GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN HEALTH SECTOR: CASE STUDY OF GIWA HOSPITAL KADUNA» INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Information and communication technology (ICT) offers the promise of fundamentally changing the lives of much of ...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF MOTIVATION ON EMPLOYEES’ PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANISATION: A STUDY OF SEVEN UP BOTTLING COMPANY PLC, KADUNA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Content page Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval Page iv Dedication v Acknowledgement vi Table of Contents viii A...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF ANTI-GRAFT AGENCIES IN ANTI- CORRUPTION CAMPAIGNS IN NIGERIA: (A CASE STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (EFCC).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 2 Before this country could be free from corruption, its deem fit to invite certain bodies like E...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURE ON STANDARD OF LIVING OF THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA (1982 – 2012)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, government expenditure also known as government spending has been identified as a...Continue Reading »
8. AN EVALUATION OF THE ROLE OF MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS TOWARDS ECONOMIC GROWTH IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Over the years, Multinational corporations (MNCs) have been a source of controversy ever since th...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF MONETARY POLICY ON COMMERCIAL BANK LENDING ABILITIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The importance of monetary policy in the economic development of developing countries has attract...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1 Background of the Study: At the inception of SAP it was clearly stated that " the objective of Government is to evolve a re...Continue Reading »