Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study examines the impact of Capital Market performance on economic growth of Nigeria for the period 1983 – 2010. Economic growth was proxied by gross domestic product while capital market performance was measured by market capitalization, total new issues, volume of transaction and listed equities. Data was collected using secondary source of data only. The technique employed was multiple regression as tool of analysis for the study. The findings of the study shows that the capital market performance has positively and significantly impacted on the Nigerian economy within the period of the study (1983- 2010). The study therefore, recommends among others that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) should ensure free flow of information in the market. This is necessary in order to attract more investors and increase new issues which will automatically increase the quantum of market capitalization that will result in improving the performance of the Nigerian capital market.
1.1 Background to the study
The Capital market in any country is one of the major pillars of long-term economic growth and development. The market serves a broad range of clientele, including different levels of government, corporate bodies and individuals within and outside the country. Capital formation entails accumulated savings out of the current incomes of either organization or individual. It is investment in fixed assets which in part is financed with monies raised through the capital market (Al-Faki, 2006). The Capital market has been one of the major means through which foreign funds are injected into most economies and the tendency towards a global economy is more visible there than anywhere else. It is therefore, quite valid to state that the growth of the capital market has become one of the barometers for measuring the overall economic growth of a nation (Emenuga, 1998).
The development of the capital market has generated two major sets of
economic benefits. First, it has improved the allocation of capital,
because the prices of corporate debt and equity respond immediately to
shifts in demand and supply, changes in the outlook for an industry
(and/or company) are quickly embodied in current asset prices.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1.INTRODUCTION Monetary policy deals with the discretionary control of money supply by the monetary authorities in order to achieve the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Investors’ decisions and actions globally are influenced significantly by the dictates ...Continue Reading »
3. TAX CULTURE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE SECOND TIER GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The relative roles of the three tiers of government—the federal government, the state gover...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF FOOD IMPORTATION ON FOOD PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA:THE CASE OF RICE IMPORTATION AND PRODUCTION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Agricultural sector was the main stay of the Nigerian economy before independence and immediately...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Nigerian petroleum industry has been confronted by two sapping challenges over the years. Th...Continue Reading »
6. MACROECONOMIC CONDITIONS AND CORPORATE SURVIVAL IN NIGERIA; AN APPRAISAL OF FACTS AND ISSUES IN THE 21ST CENTURY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Every company operates within the internal and external environments of business. The internal enviro...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The role of the central bank in promoting national economic policy and development has in recent ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on housing financing in Nigeria: issue and solutions. The total population for the study is 200 staff of selected mortgage bank...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Tables of contents vi Abstract vii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
10. A CONTRIBUTION OF MARBLE MINING COMPANY TO THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF IGBETTI COMMUNITY FROM 1969 TILL DATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Industrialization is a term that is mostly associated with the development experience of countrie...Continue Reading »