The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 81 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY.
At independence, Nigeria joined the committee of nation with the hope for a better tomorrow. We were able to feed ourselves and were of course almost self-sufficient. Subsequently our hopes seemed unattainable. We seem to be going deeper and deeper into the woods. The consensus is that it has been bad for Nigeria. Due to the adverse economic condition prevailing in the country many businesses have closed, shops and even financial institutions are being declared distressed at alarming rate. Businesses that are yet to be submerged or that want to stay afloat employ all kind of strategies. Some increase price, adopt promotional tools, engage in aggressive marketing etc. whereas others goes for an odd combination of activities and even undergo different kind of small business to survive.
Any business or individual that wants to survive must make the right decision. The era of mile of thumb is gone; employing it is a sure way to fail absurdly.
The price of any conceivable item from garri and bread to radio and book not to mention petrol has been soaring in
geometric proportions over the year. The economy is truly in distress. These compounds and complicates intricate are the problem of the organisation vis-à-vis effective planning and decision making processes. Other factors such as stagflation, taxation, economic and political problem are the major problem which affects information and decision making. The future orientation is what most company and bank get from making accounting decision .the computation and interpretation of analytical ratios from financial statement enable bank to determine their operation trends and provide a basis for management decision making. Other users of financial analysis are used in making financial decision and achieving the goal of sustainability determines compliance with regulatory requirements. Financial analysis is an investment that has positive return in the future on how decision will be made, how to manage the finances to achieve the strategic goals of the institution through decision making.
Many people think that accounting as a highly technical field which can be understood only by professional accountants actually nearly everyone practices accounting in one form or the other. In modern times, management require a wide variety of
information to successfully accomplish its aim and objectives. This information is mainly determined by the element of uncertainty about the future and lack of knowledge about the present. Some of these decisions are of strategic importance having a large impact on the business, others are routine operating decision. Therefore accounting information is based on laws and regulations governing the handling of accounting report contained in the financial reports of organisation.
Making the right decision depends on the possession of appropriate, accurate and up to date information provided and presented in a meaningful way. This study set out to examine the contribution of sound accounting system in providing the management with financial and other information basis for dealing with decision problems that arises from their organisational operations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Basically, the nature of manufacturing business compels it to carry out a great deal of book-keeping records based on accounting principles and information provided with the perpetual increase in the number of consumer of manufactured
products, it has become necessary to devise a systematic mean in handling the resultant book-keeping and accounting activities.
A lot criticism has always been made about the service of the organisation, consumers complain of low quality product while employers complain of lack of promotion inadequate salaries, lack of training etc.
Furthermore, the major challenge facing every financial institution\ business, organisation of today is market relevance. On-going fundament at changes in the global politics, economy and emerging competitions particularly challenges proper and adequate contemporal accounting information for management decision making. The company itself tries to coordinate all these challenge effectively and efficiently so as to minimize any anticipated and unanticipated pitfalls. If a sound and effective accounting system is applied property by the manufacturing organisation, the difference will be clear.
Improper attention to the accounting system and handling of accounting information has given birth to the under mentioned problems.
Result to poor decision making
Poor organisation and control of business activities and unsatisfactory service to its customers.
Poor decision making in administrative activities of the organisation.
1.3OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are as follows;
1. To determine whether there has been problem in generating and utilizing accounting information necessary for management decision making.
2. To ascertain the extent in which accounting information generated by accounts departments has contributed in decision making process.
3. To ascertain the extent accounting information has effectively performed or fulfils the basic roles of cost
minimization, proper allocation of scare resource and improvement in the production.
1. Are there problem in generating and utilizing accounting information necessary for management decision making process?
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study evaluated the accounting system in use by small scale enterprises operating in Uyo Metropolis of Akwa Ibom State. The study was nec...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 111 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. PUBLIC EXPENDITURE AND THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTING IN THE CONTROL OF IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF BANK)» ABSTRACT This research work is titled “The role of Accounting in the control of public expenditure” the incessant incident of budget defic...Continue Reading »
107 pages | 36 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. THE IMPACT OF TAXATION ON INVESTMENT DECISION OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (2006) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation ...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 378 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Lack of accountability and transparency by public servants has been identified as a cankerworm eating into the fabric of ...Continue Reading »
33 pages | 239 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» Abstract This study investigates the factors that limit women’s participation in Nigeria’s politics using as a case study, the period betw...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 37 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Many people want to be on their own following the nationwide campaign for self employment, this i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 121 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY One of the common tools for macro economic development in developing countries is tax incentives....Continue Reading »
80 pages | 23 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS ACROSS EXPENDITURE HEADS IN THE NIGERIAN PUBLIC TEACHING HOSPITALS (A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Health care services are one of the cardinal services any government must provide for its citizenry. ...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 225 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. EVALUATION OF PREOPERATIVE NURSING INTERVENTION ON ANXIETY STATE AND POST OPERATIVE PAIN AMONG SURGICAL PATIENTS OF OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY TEACHIN...» ABSTRACT Preoperative anxiety is a challenging concept in the preoperative care of patients and its incidence varies with different settings. The expe...Continue Reading »
124 pages | 73 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY In this dynamic world, the role of Banks, whether in a developed or developing economy consists of financ...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 158 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING