Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 81 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY.
At independence, Nigeria joined the committee of nation with the hope for a better tomorrow. We were able to feed ourselves and were of course almost self-sufficient. Subsequently our hopes seemed unattainable. We seem to be going deeper and deeper into the woods. The consensus is that it has been bad for Nigeria. Due to the adverse economic condition prevailing in the country many businesses have closed, shops and even financial institutions are being declared distressed at alarming rate. Businesses that are yet to be submerged or that want to stay afloat employ all kind of strategies. Some increase price, adopt promotional tools, engage in aggressive marketing etc. whereas others goes for an odd combination of activities and even undergo different kind of small business to survive.
Any business or individual that wants to survive must make the right decision. The era of mile of thumb is gone; employing it is a sure way to fail absurdly.
The price of any conceivable item from garri and bread to radio and book not to mention petrol has been soaring in
geometric proportions over the year. The economy is truly in distress. These compounds and complicates intricate are the problem of the organisation vis-à-vis effective planning and decision making processes. Other factors such as stagflation, taxation, economic and political problem are the major problem which affects information and decision making. The future orientation is what most company and bank get from making accounting decision .the computation and interpretation of analytical ratios from financial statement enable bank to determine their operation trends and provide a basis for management decision making. Other users of financial analysis are used in making financial decision and achieving the goal of sustainability determines compliance with regulatory requirements. Financial analysis is an investment that has positive return in the future on how decision will be made, how to manage the finances to achieve the strategic goals of the institution through decision making.
Many people think that accounting as a highly technical field which can be understood only by professional accountants actually nearly everyone practices accounting in one form or the other. In modern times, management require a wide variety of
information to successfully accomplish its aim and objectives. This information is mainly determined by the element of uncertainty about the future and lack of knowledge about the present. Some of these decisions are of strategic importance having a large impact on the business, others are routine operating decision. Therefore accounting information is based on laws and regulations governing the handling of accounting report contained in the financial reports of organisation.
Making the right decision depends on the possession of appropriate, accurate and up to date information provided and presented in a meaningful way. This study set out to examine the contribution of sound accounting system in providing the management with financial and other information basis for dealing with decision problems that arises from their organisational operations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Basically, the nature of manufacturing business compels it to carry out a great deal of book-keeping records based on accounting principles and information provided with the perpetual increase in the number of consumer of manufactured
products, it has become necessary to devise a systematic mean in handling the resultant book-keeping and accounting activities.
A lot criticism has always been made about the service of the organisation, consumers complain of low quality product while employers complain of lack of promotion inadequate salaries, lack of training etc.
Furthermore, the major challenge facing every financial institution\ business, organisation of today is market relevance. On-going fundament at changes in the global politics, economy and emerging competitions particularly challenges proper and adequate contemporal accounting information for management decision making. The company itself tries to coordinate all these challenge effectively and efficiently so as to minimize any anticipated and unanticipated pitfalls. If a sound and effective accounting system is applied property by the manufacturing organisation, the difference will be clear.
Improper attention to the accounting system and handling of accounting information has given birth to the under mentioned problems.
Result to poor decision making
Poor organisation and control of business activities and unsatisfactory service to its customers.
Poor decision making in administrative activities of the organisation.
1.3OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are as follows;
1. To determine whether there has been problem in generating and utilizing accounting information necessary for management decision making.
2. To ascertain the extent in which accounting information generated by accounts departments has contributed in decision making process.
3. To ascertain the extent accounting information has effectively performed or fulfils the basic roles of cost
minimization, proper allocation of scare resource and improvement in the production.
1. Are there problem in generating and utilizing accounting information necessary for management decision making process?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research is on basic production control problems in automobile industries and best way of solving them with reference to Peugeot Automob...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF CREDIT ADMINISTRATION AND CONTROL ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF COOPERATIVE SOCIETIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study This research work focuses on the effects of credit administration and control on the development...Continue Reading »
3. THE PROBLEMS OF EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF REVENUE AVAILABLE TO LOCAL GOVERNMENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ANINRI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU ST...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACK GROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria as a sovereign nation operates a federal system of government i.e the federal government, state gover...Continue Reading »
4. COST CONTROL IN PRACTICE IN SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED BAKERIES IN OZORO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study One of the basic feature by which smooth running of an organization could be accomplishes rest of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study With the advancement of information technology, computer is considered to be one of the most pow...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Value Added Tax (VAT) is a system of tax recently introduced in Nigeria, which is based on im...Continue Reading »
7. THE EXTENT OF ACCOUNTING RECORD KEEPING IN PRIVATE ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF ETERNIT LTD, SAPELE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In turbulent time, business has to be managed properly in order to withstand the changes in the e...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Globally the role of auditing is being appreciated for its avowed operations and activities. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Data Mining (DM) really gained a lot of prominence in the society as it helped make prediction methodologies...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vii List of tables xi Abstract xii C...Continue Reading »