Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 81 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY.
At independence, Nigeria joined the committee of nation with the hope for a better tomorrow. We were able to feed ourselves and were of course almost self-sufficient. Subsequently our hopes seemed unattainable. We seem to be going deeper and deeper into the woods. The consensus is that it has been bad for Nigeria. Due to the adverse economic condition prevailing in the country many businesses have closed, shops and even financial institutions are being declared distressed at alarming rate. Businesses that are yet to be submerged or that want to stay afloat employ all kind of strategies. Some increase price, adopt promotional tools, engage in aggressive marketing etc. whereas others goes for an odd combination of activities and even undergo different kind of small business to survive.
Any business or individual that wants to survive must make the right decision. The era of mile of thumb is gone; employing it is a sure way to fail absurdly.
The price of any conceivable item from garri and bread to radio and book not to mention petrol has been soaring in
geometric proportions over the year. The economy is truly in distress. These compounds and complicates intricate are the problem of the organisation vis-à-vis effective planning and decision making processes. Other factors such as stagflation, taxation, economic and political problem are the major problem which affects information and decision making. The future orientation is what most company and bank get from making accounting decision .the computation and interpretation of analytical ratios from financial statement enable bank to determine their operation trends and provide a basis for management decision making. Other users of financial analysis are used in making financial decision and achieving the goal of sustainability determines compliance with regulatory requirements. Financial analysis is an investment that has positive return in the future on how decision will be made, how to manage the finances to achieve the strategic goals of the institution through decision making.
Many people think that accounting as a highly technical field which can be understood only by professional accountants actually nearly everyone practices accounting in one form or the other. In modern times, management require a wide variety of
information to successfully accomplish its aim and objectives. This information is mainly determined by the element of uncertainty about the future and lack of knowledge about the present. Some of these decisions are of strategic importance having a large impact on the business, others are routine operating decision. Therefore accounting information is based on laws and regulations governing the handling of accounting report contained in the financial reports of organisation.
Making the right decision depends on the possession of appropriate, accurate and up to date information provided and presented in a meaningful way. This study set out to examine the contribution of sound accounting system in providing the management with financial and other information basis for dealing with decision problems that arises from their organisational operations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Basically, the nature of manufacturing business compels it to carry out a great deal of book-keeping records based on accounting principles and information provided with the perpetual increase in the number of consumer of manufactured
products, it has become necessary to devise a systematic mean in handling the resultant book-keeping and accounting activities.
A lot criticism has always been made about the service of the organisation, consumers complain of low quality product while employers complain of lack of promotion inadequate salaries, lack of training etc.
Furthermore, the major challenge facing every financial institution\ business, organisation of today is market relevance. On-going fundament at changes in the global politics, economy and emerging competitions particularly challenges proper and adequate contemporal accounting information for management decision making. The company itself tries to coordinate all these challenge effectively and efficiently so as to minimize any anticipated and unanticipated pitfalls. If a sound and effective accounting system is applied property by the manufacturing organisation, the difference will be clear.
Improper attention to the accounting system and handling of accounting information has given birth to the under mentioned problems.
Result to poor decision making
Poor organisation and control of business activities and unsatisfactory service to its customers.
Poor decision making in administrative activities of the organisation.
1.3OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are as follows;
1. To determine whether there has been problem in generating and utilizing accounting information necessary for management decision making.
2. To ascertain the extent in which accounting information generated by accounts departments has contributed in decision making process.
3. To ascertain the extent accounting information has effectively performed or fulfils the basic roles of cost
minimization, proper allocation of scare resource and improvement in the production.
1. Are there problem in generating and utilizing accounting information necessary for management decision making process?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. HUMAN MOTIVATION AND WORKERS PRODUCTIVITY: A CASE STUDY OF BETA GLASS PLC UGHELLI, DELTA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the impact of Human motivation and Workers productivity of employees with the Beta Glass Factory...Continue Reading »
104 pages | 172 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. AN EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF ACOUNTING RECORDS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SME IN NIGERIA A STUDY OF SELECTED SMES IN LAGOS METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT The research provides a theoretical and case study appraisal on the effect of accounting records on the performance of SME in Nigeria. It elu...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 236 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Investors all over the world put their money into a business with a view to having some return on...Continue Reading »
150 pages | 115 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM USAGE ON ORGANIZATION PERFORMANCE IN TANZANIA: CASE STUDY ON LGAs IN ARUSHA REGION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction The statement of problems, objectives of the research, also the significant of the re...Continue Reading »
101 pages | 1,248 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The study is centered on auditor’s opinion and financial reporting quality of listed deposit bank in Nigeria. It begins with the first ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 341 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT An international wave of mergers and acquisitions has swept the banking industry as boundaries between financial sectors and products have bl...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 218 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES AND PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES (SMEs) IN AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT For most SMEs in Nigeria, inventory remains the most important asset on their statement of financial position at any given time, hence, the n...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 143 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine application of new media in Radio Niger, Minna. The study adopted survey research design using questio...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 497 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. THE IMPACT OF FAMILY PLANNING CAMPAIGN ON IBAGWA COUPLES IN IGBO EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE.» ABSTRACT. The study examined the impact of family planning campaign on Ibagwa couples. The study highlighted the factors militating against appreciabl...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 190 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» Abstract This study examined external reserve and balance of payments problem in Nigeria between 1995 and 2014. Obviously speaking, the Nigerian exter...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 396 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING