Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 122 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study examines the essence of effective inventories control and management to manufacturing companies with particular emphasis on Ama Greenfield Breweries plc. The aim of this study is to investigate and ascertain areas of lapses by the company and offer effective ways and solutions in which the manufacturing company can explore the services of inventory management to effect its objectives. In carrying out this study, various research instruments such as questionnaires and oral interview were used to collect data from respondents and a research design was adopted with a sample size of
52. The statistical tool used for this work is Chi-square. Based on the analysis, it was discovered that inventory management plays a vital role in the manufacturing company. A well functional inventory management following the recommendations can bring about proper management thereby enhancing proper and effective production and it will equally ensure the effective, efficient and adequate use of materials and resources in the manufacturing company.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Inventory is one of the resources that are managed by business organizations and it was first recorded in 1601. The need for inventory control cannot be overemphasized as it is a means for improving the performance of manufacturing industries. Inventory can be defined as a record of a business current assets including property owned, merchandise on hand and the value of work in progress and work complete but not sold and it is classified as a current asset because it can be turned into liquid cash within a short period of time. Inventory has created a great impact on the profitability of the manufacturing firm which resulted to the deep research of this topic. Effectiveness of inventory management in a manufacturing company.
Inventory plays a major role in the operation of many businesses and manufacturing companies. In manufacturing, inventories of raw materials allow companies to operate independently of their sources of supplies. Day to day operation are not dependent on deliveries from supplies since stock of the necessary mateials are maintained and used s needed. Without inventory
control, millions of naira could be lost year because of non accountability of stocks and inaccurate checks and balances.
The process of control and management of inventory is a very important factor in the success or failure of any business for example, little stock will result in stock out which will disrupt the production distribution cycle that is crucial to the survival of all manufacturing companies while too much stock will tie down the resources of a company. Poor or inadequate inventory management can present a serious challenge to the productive capacity of a manufacturing organization. In addition to raw materials and finished goods, many companies also maintain items of assets, property, inventories of work in progress, office supplies, business firms and general operation supplies.
Inventories often constitutes the most significant part of current assets of large companies. In the public limited companies, inventories are approximately 60% of current assets on the average. The US Burean of the census stated that inventory and accounts receivable ate the two largest accounts of equal magnitude and together they comprise almost 80% of current assets and over 30% of total assets for all manufacturing companies in 1982.
Considering the large sum of money that are committed to the stocks of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods, it is therefore of paramount necessity that these stocks be managed efficiently and effectively in order to avoid the jeopardizing of the profit position of the firm.
In inventory, there is an optimum level therefore inadequate inventory causes loss of sale and disrupts the production process while excessive stock level leads to unnecessary carrying cost and obsolescence or spoilage risks. According to Charles T. Horngren (2007), the optimum inventory. Level lies between the inadequate inventories and the excessive inventories. Inventory management aims at maintaining an optimum inventory level that will be carried at the least cost.
A BRIEF HISTORY OF AMA GREENFIELD BREWERY IN ENUGU
Ama Greenfield Brewery is the jewell in the crown of Nigeria Breweries Plc and is reputed as one of the most modern Breweries. Precisely on Friday October 24, 2003, the much talked about Nigeria Breweries Plc’s ultra modern Ama Greenfield Brewery located in Enugu state was officially commissioned. It is Nigeria breweries Plc company’s sixth Brewery and the second to be located in Enugu state. The multi-billion naira Ama Brewery
boasts of the best cutting edge technology and world class standard processes. It is located in Umuezeani village in the Amaeke Ngwo community of Udi Local Government Area of Enugu state. Mr. Lassy Agose who was the public relations adviser to the Nigeria Breweries Plc at that time said that Ama Greenfield Brewery has an installed capacity of 3 million hectoliters per annum or 1 million carton units per week adding that it was also equipped with an ultra modern waste water treatment plant in l ine with safe manufacturing practices world-wide. Ama Brewery whose foundation was laid on April 9,2001 by the then Enugu state Governor, Dr Chimaroke Nnamani took 14 months to be completed after the actual construction work commenced on January 23, 2002. the first brew was made on march 22nd, 2003 while the first bottle of star larger rolled off the bottling line on April 24, 2003.
Ama Greenfield Brewery encapsulates the essential ingredients of the world class vision of the Nigeria Breweries plc and represents another milestone in the company’s journey towards the realization of that vision. Beyond these, Ama Brewery holds enormous socio-economic benefits to the community, state and country at large.
In addition to opening up the communities to commerce and modernization, the state stands to benefit from increased revenue and the
building of international confidence for investment. This multibillion naira investment is also expected to translate into enhanced employment, as well as open the flood gates of business activities and opportunities in the economy, Mr. Agose stated during a pre-commissioning press briefing in Lagos. Constructed at a cost of N40 billion, it is an essential fulfillment of the pledge made by Heineken NV to invest N70 billion in Nigeria within five years building an ultra-modern civic centre, a borehole and market stalls for the area.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problems seen in the course of this study are as follows:-
i. Ineffective management of inventory in the manufacturing company specifically Ama Greenfield Breweries.
ii. Loss of sales or business of the company as a result of insufficient inventories of finished goods.
iii. Low productivity in the manufacturing company as a result of poor inventories model used by the company
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to examine the impact of new technology on the country’s broadcast media. To achieve this objective, four res...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECTIVE INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM AS A MEANS OF FRAUD PREVENTION AND DETECTION IN HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT (A STUDY OF ALUTA HOSPITAL, OLEH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study No economic entity can progress when there is fraud in the operations of its management. Fraudule...Continue Reading »
3. ART AND POLITICS IN WOLE SOYINKA’S THE BEATIFICATION OF AREA BOY AND OLA ROTIMI’S OUR HUSBAND HAS GONE MAD AGAIN» ABSTRACT This study has been able to show how Wole Soyinka and Ola Rotimi have treated politics artistically in their various texts. This study aims a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Accounting Information Systems (AISs) are a tool which, when incorporated into the field of Infor...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING ON ACCOUNTABILITY IN PUBLIC SECTOR (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA POLYTECHNIC)» ABSTRACT The impact of public sector accounting on accountability in public sector, a case study of Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna. Accountability is the o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND No one question has received attention by businesses, government, politicians and people in general in the pas...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF PUBLISHED FINANCIAL STATEMENT ON SHAREHOLDERS INVESTMENT DECISION (A STUDY OF GUINNESS NIGERIA BREWERIES LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Each person like every business requires some measures of both financial position and financi...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OKPARA AVENUE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Nigerian stock exchange which started as the Lagos stock exchange Act of 1961, following ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Local Governments in Nigeria have been featured with gross financial mismanagement to the extent that the government had decides to institute...Continue Reading »
10. BENEFIT OF BUDGETING AS A MANAGEMENT TOOL IN ORGANIZATION A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY LTD» ABSTRACTThe study examined the benefit of budgeting as a managerial tool in an organization, which focus on Nigeria Bottling Company Plc. The survey m...Continue Reading »