Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
There is no accurate account when accounting started. However, available information showed that, the system of record keeping can be traced back to the early civilization of the body lanai and Assyrian were every body has the method of keeping record by making the warehouse, store papyrus and was tables. Papyrus paper as we know was the paper used, in Egypt to start the art of financial record keeping was primitive in 1494, an Italian Monk and month metical know as Luck Pacia introduced the double entry book keeping system in terms of accounting records to mean that all entice must have a debtors and a creditor. At this time, record s were only prepared for business in statement form and not for the owners, the yearly was still not in place. After the development by the double entry system by Luck Pacio, the profit and loss account was advocated by a detachment which should be prepared on a yearly interval, the emerging civilization and technological development o the recent day modern accounting method during the industrial revolution which bought about industrial innovation, more sophist satiated or complex accounting methods were introduced hence the information of the professional accountancy bodies, for example;
1. Institute of chartered accountant of school formed in 1854.
2. Institute of chartered accountant end land and Wales was formed in 1880.
3. Association of certificated public accountant in use was formed in 1887 as new method of accounting were development ownership was separated from management since, the discovery of the double entry system.
In Nigeria findings of records was made by kingdoms, empire, individual, etc. in all. There art of modern record keeping come to being with the advent of the Royal Niger Company , the Nigeria accounting record keeping favoured the same with the establishment of the institute of the chartered accountants of Nigeria of chartered accountants of Nigeria is responsible for the Nigeria regulation of produced and parties of nationwide accountants of Nigeria was signed, at the time of writing a bill is before the passage of another accounting body know as certificate public accountant (P.A) of Nigeria.
Accounting to Erthihie (2005), described accounting as “the proper recording classifying, analyzing reporting of information for measuring and controlling the finance of the business of the end users “Agawan (2006) also outline that the accounting is a discipline concerned with the recording, analyzing, summarizing, measuring. For closing and reporting of income and wealth of business organization and other related entities.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
Accounting as an effective tools for managerial decision making is a significant nature but some business organization have been traced with some problems which resulted to their wilding – up recording and assessment of profit or loss made at any giving times.
1. No provision for the value of assets and liabilities records.
2. Lack of recording the value expenses.
3. Lack of distribution of fund.
1.3 Objective of the Study
In view of the problems highlighted above, the objectives of the research are;
1. To know how effective accounting is to managerial decision making.
2. To create understanding on the relevance of accounting in an organization.
3. To determine the extent to which accounting can help managers to have access to desired in formation.
4. To find solutions to the problems identified.
1.4 Research Questions
In this study the research question;
1. In what ways can accounting records improve your organization for decision making?
2. Has the task or recording of value of assets and liabilities has any effects in decision making in an organization?
3. Does lack of expenses has any effect on managerial decision making?
4. How can managerial decision making be related to accounting?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The research will help many business which are concern on how to run a profit making organization and make accounting record neat, this research work is expected to attain the following;
1. It help the organization to know the strength of their organization in financed status.
2. It will help management to know the financial strength of the organization in decision making.
3. It will help the managers to know the day growth in the organization,.
4. It will also help the organization to know the resent and feature problem that the organization is going through or has encounter.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This research was carried out with a critical investigation under a manufacturing drinking water company (P.A Water) Ughelli, Delta State.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
Owing to the lack of time. Finance, material, transport facilities, the research study is limited. Also, the negative and non – challent attitude of the respondents to give relevant information as a result of fear of exposing their organization’s secret also contributed to the limitation.
1.8 Definition of Technical Terms
The definition terms were used in this research work and it important to know so as to facilitate the readers thought.
1. Accounting: This is the process of recording, classifying selecting measuring, interpreting and communicating and keeping all financial data in an organization to enable users make assessment and decision.
2. Book – keeping: This is the actual systematic way of recording the daily transaction in the appropriate book.
3. Asset: These are the financial resources of a business enterprise represented in properties, trade – debtors, stock, cash in hand and bank etc.
4. Profit: This is the actual amount gain from a business transaction on a daily business.
5. Cash book: This is a book that is used to record all cash and cheque transaction.
6. Return outwards book: This is used to record detail of goods sent back to the supplies as a result of spoilt or damages.
7. Return inwards book: This book is used to record all returns made by the seller of the goods.
8. Liabilities: This is an amount own by the enterprise to outsiders.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORT ON THE CORPORATE PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The impact of financial accounting reports on the corporate performance is becoming more apparent...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work identifies the challenges facing police departments that seek to implement computerized crime tracking information systems....Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTANT IN A CORPORATE FINANCIAL ORGANISATION CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA (ADO BRANCH) ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Corporate Financial organizations are setup with the principal objective of creating wealth for ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examines the influence of Firm Attributes on Financial Information Quality of listed Deposit Money Bank in Nigeria. Firm Attribute...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The training of Manpower Development and Employee Performance in an Organization was studied with The Ministry of Finance in AkwaIbom State a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Globally the role of auditing is being appreciated for its avowed operations and activities. Ihe ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ladley and Lusted (2012), stated that the advancement in the global community technology has brought about several changes in...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page. i Declaration. ii Certification/Approval ii Dedication. iii Acknowlegements. iv Table of Contents. v Abstract vii CHAPTE...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval Page iv Dedication v Acknowledgements vi Table of Contents vii Abstract x CHA...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM USAGE ON ORGANIZATION PERFORMANCE IN TANZANIA: CASE STUDY ON LGAs IN ARUSHA REGION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction The statement of problems, objectives of the research, also the significant of the re...Continue Reading »