Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Banks have been accused of taking two much risk in unexpected new environments and lines of business. The advice being given is for the banks to avoid further in exposure by threatening to move tradition that will understand the activities banks, however are being charged by their shareholders to maximize holder’s wealth overtime. To achieve this goal, banks must search out for opportunity in the financial market and loan to manage risk by implementing more systematic system of risk control. At present it appears appropriate to develop specific management control mechanism for each new risk element.
The system being designed by bankers is in contrast one that allows each new form of risk to a new element in an overall analytic area of banks. This approach requires an informational environment that enables risk managers to analyze all of the risk inherent in a given transaction.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The aim of this project writing is to bring out the way in which liquidity asset is managed in Nigeria banks. Most especially first bank Yabubu Gowon Way Kaduna is my case study and the kind of services offered by first banks in the management of liquidity.
The banks engaged in the business of providing adequate service, which are:
i. Universal banking services to corporate bodies
ii. Loans and advances to its customer
iv. Investment Banking services
v. Financial Advisory services to corporate bodies
vi. Foreign exchange services.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
First bank Nigeria Plc is expected like all other banks to provide quick and efficient services to both customers and interested parties. The banks should know the value of time and try as much as possible to serve its customers in the shortest possible time. This is because, the customers are the business of the bank and that is why they are regarded as assets of the cast and other valuable things deposited to them by its customers. This why each and every paper in the bank is considered as money because it talks about it. One of the functions of banks is to grant loan to customer, so as to assist them to undertake various projects for the development of economic activities in the country. In this aspect both the customers and the bank have the same aim that is to make profit. In other words, to achieve this aims the bank and customers have to perform their duties for the smooth running of the system. In most cases the two side always make things difficult for one another on the part of the honest and firm so as allow the bank form a good reputation and develop good banker – customer relationship.
On the other hand the banking industry is expected under normal circumstances to bring out its activities not only efficiently but also accurately. But this is almost apposite and has led to in looking at the problems of the customers in the banks, it can be seen that the blame is on both sides. Some of these problems are
i. Opening Account: Accounts are opened by the procedure laid down by the customer who thinks it’s a waste of time don’t know that the banks has to be careful on this sensitive issue. When opening the account that all necessary data is collected from the customer which is be used in payment and all other future transaction.
ii. Cash Withdrawal: In this, banker has to satisfy himself with the validity of the charges or withdrawal slip (in case of saving account). This can take time which the customer may fee he/she is wasting time. Since it is the duty of the bank is to safe guard all cash under its custody satisfaction is very much necessary.
iii. Obtaining Loan from the Bank: It is clean principle and natural justices that loan should only by granted with security and the security has to be sufficient enough to cover the debt. In most cases customer ignores the
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to efficiently and liquidity can be evaluated efficiently and effectively in Nigerian banks in order to guide against bankruptcy: It is also aimed at affecting a concrete control to consumer borrowing of limited resources available to the banks in order to guide against bankruptcy.
It is also aimed at affecting a concrete control to customer borrowing from the bank and efficient management of limited resources available to the bank the management and control.
i. From the bank to other parties at the request of customer.
ii. From customers to the banks
iii. From the bank to the customers
iv. To and from other banks including the central bank of Nigeria.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
As a starting point for the research work the following hypothesis were developed.
Ho: Evaluation of liquidity management in Nigerian banks has always been without problems.
Hi: Evaluation of liquidity management in Nigerian banks has not always been without problems.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this research work is to accomplish the following.
i. To ascertain the level of risk in liquidity assets management and how such risk could be eradicated. This project hopefully would be beneficial to the management of First Bank Plc, as well as other Nigerian banks
ii. To partially fulfill the requirement for the award of national diploma in accountancy
iii. This project will serve as a basis for further research on this topic
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
All banks and other financial institutional deal in liquidity hence managing liquidity: however this study will concentrate on how Nigeria banks managed liquidity with particular emphasis on first bank Plc. Yakubu Gowon way branch as a case study.
i. Uneasy access to the bank relevant document
ii. Insufficient time due to short period available for the study and during the project writing.
1.7 PLAN OF THE STUDY
ORGANIZATIONAL CHART OF FIRST BANK PLC (MAIN BRANCH), KADUNA
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The growing demand for forensic accounting is a known characteristic of most companies in the world. ...Continue Reading »
2. COST CONTROL IN PRACTICE IN SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED BAKERIES IN OZORO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study One of the basic feature by which smooth running of an organization could be accomplishes rest of...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEE TRAINING ON JOB PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF ANCHOR INSURANCE PLC, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The term “employee training” or training has been variously defined by different scho...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Every organisation, whether small, medium or big is established to achieve specific target object...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background Information/Statement The payment system consist of institutions, set of instruments and procedures through which financial...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF SINGLE PARENTAL IN BAYELSA (CASE STUDY OF A[IEBIRI COMMUNITY LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BAYELSA STATE)» ABSTRACT The research work on the effect of single parent looks at the attitude toword girl child education as a less important to primary education. ...Continue Reading »
7. TREASURY MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES AND CHALLENGES IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF UNION BANK PLC AND UBA PLC» ABSTRACT This research work was conducted to examine Treasury management strategies and challenges in the Nigeria. Banking industry, identifying the v...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECTIVE BUDGETARY IMPLEMENTATION AS A TOOL FOR SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT This long essay seeks to outline the possible means at which the constraining factors can be address to promote effective budgeting that will...Continue Reading »
9. METHODS OF IMPROVING STUDENTS INTEREST IN BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KANO STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi List of tables viii Abstract ix C...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF REQARD IN STAFF ATTITUDE AND EFFECTIVE PRODUCTIVITY IN AND ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF AK. WATER COMPANY LIMITED UYO. AKS)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »