Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 89 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Leasing as a means of financing investments in tangible assets has made a significant contribution to capital formation in the Nigerian economy but the industry as a whole, seeks growth in conformity with the levels obtainable in developed economies. In spite of theoretical expositions on capital structure extensively acknowledging the nature and use of finance leasing in corporate entities, in Nigeria, financing is largely biased towards Micro, Small and Medium scale Enterprises (MSMEs) giving cause for inference that leasing may not be predominant in the corporate sector inclusive of listed non-financial firms having access to institutions in the capital and money markets. The study sought to examine in those entities found to be leasing, what firm attributes influence their use given the limited number of empirical studies in Nigeria and the inconsistencies in findings of foreign researches. A sample of 14 listed non-financial firms on the Nigerian Stock Exchange over the period 2007-2015 was studied to determine the significance of profitability, growth opportunities, information asymmetry, financial distress, agency cost and leverage in accounting for finance leasing. Consideration was given to the possibility of past lease use influencing the present decision to lease, as well as the effect on reported values in the financial statements by the adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Running a Bootstrap-based Fixed-effects regression, the study found leasing to be significantly and negatively influenced by leverage confirming the lease-debt substitutability proposition in the literature. It is recommended that leasing businesses become innovative in raising awareness and developing competitive leasing arrangements for the listed non-financial firms in Nigeria.
1.1 Background to the Study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Every business organization whether in the public or private sector is established to achieve ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 401 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before now, business Success was built on the ability to move goods and services with speed and a...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 146 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. CREDIT AND DEBT RECOVERY IN FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS. (A CASE STUDY OF U.I.D.C PLC, WARRI DELTA STATE)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to evaluate the impact of Credit and Debt recovery Department in financial institution. It is also meant to assi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Public debates recently in Nigeria have centered on the increasing rate of corruption resulting f...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 548 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. ACCESSIBILITY OF CREDIT FACILITIES AMONG SMALL MEDIUM ENTERPRISES (SMEs): A STUDY OF SME’s IN KADUNA NORTH LGA OF KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page ............................................................................................................................Continue Reading »
52 pages | 431 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In recent years, widespread moral lapses and corporate financial scandals have brought the topic...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 333 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. THE ROLE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN ENHANCING THE PERFORMANCE OF NIGERIA CAPITAL MARKET. (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE (KANO BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTIONBACKGROUND TO THE STUDYCompanies and government (local, state, and federal) are continuously facing financial problem not onl...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 189 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» (A STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO) ABSTRACT This study sought to assess the influence of financial accounting reporting on the management of a b...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 680 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Data Mining (DM) really gained a lot of prominence in the society as it helped make prediction methodologies...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 378 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. THE IMPORTANCE OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING LITERACY ON THE GROWTH, DEVELOPMENT, SURVIVAL, PRODUCTION AND PERFORMANCE OF SMES IN KWARA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Financial literacy remains an interesting issue in both developed and developing economies, and h...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 360 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING