Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 76 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
Corporate financial report provides fundamental information to a wide range of groups; its main
purpose is to provide information which is supposed to give a true and fair view of the
management’s stewardship, company’s performance and financial position for the various users
of the information to make informed economic decisions (America Accounting Association,
1961). Financial reporting is the process by which corporate entities provide interested parties
(users) with information on their transactions during an accounting period (Mbobo & Ekpo,
2016). Among the interested parties are shareholders, creditors, tax authorities, customers,
financial analysts, and lenders. The parties need quality financial reports for economic decision
Financial report is one of the major means that corporate management uses in communicating
financial information for a given period. In this regard, the International Accounting Standard
(IAS 1) states that the purpose of financial reporting is to provide information about the financial
position, financial performance and cash flows of an entity that is useful to a wide range of users
in making economic decisions. Such information is communicated through financial statements.
Ibadin and Dabor (2015) stated that financial statements show the results of the management’s
stewardship of the resources entrusted to it by revealing economic information on assets,
liabilities, equity, income and expenses, including gains and losses; contributions by and
distributions to owners in their capacity as owners; and cash flows. Such information, along with
other information in the notes, assists users of financial statements in predicting the entity’s
future cash flows and, in particular, their timing.
Moreover, accounting information contained in the financial statements is one of the very
essential information needed by various stakeholders especially investors for making informed
economic decisions. Investors in search of investment avenues use the accounting information
contained in the financial statements of the intended investing company in pricing of shares.
Market participants seek high-quality financial reporting or information to mitigate information
asymmetry as such quality information should be a pre-requisite for a well-functioning capital
market. Thus, companies that provide high-quality information have an added advantage in their
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABTRACT This project was carried out wit the sole aim of investigating the internal control system as a toll for efficient management using Peco feeds...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work is centered on the impact of Monetary Policy on Balance of Payment in Nigeria with the scope being from 1970 to 2006. The ...Continue Reading »
3. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL ALLOCATION PLANNING AND ITS CONTROL IN AN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM POLYTECHNIC)» ABSTRACT This study examines the Federal Government financial allocation, planning and its control in an educational institution. It is aimed at proff...Continue Reading »
4. ROLE OF ACCOUNTING RATIO ANLYSIS IN MEASURING FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF A FIRM AND AIDING INVESTMENT DECISION» ABSTRACT This study explains the various accoutning ratios that can be used in interpreting financial statements of businesses to determine the financ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is now obvious that the physical, chemical with the biological integrity of our planet is bein...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The researcher embarked upon this study to help small scale business organization in pinpointing some of the need for auditing and investigat...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS) ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS ( A STUDY ON FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC, UYO, AKWA ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The world has aptly been described as a global village. This phenomenon have been made possible d...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Contents Page Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval Page iv Dedication v Acknowledgement vi Table of Contents vii A...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The desire to uplift one’s society is the first desire of every patriotic citizen. Tax payment ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The subject of this research investigation is the role and functions of internal auditing within the local government councils in EnuguState,...Continue Reading »