Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 76 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
Corporate financial report provides fundamental information to a wide range of groups; its main
purpose is to provide information which is supposed to give a true and fair view of the
management’s stewardship, company’s performance and financial position for the various users
of the information to make informed economic decisions (America Accounting Association,
1961). Financial reporting is the process by which corporate entities provide interested parties
(users) with information on their transactions during an accounting period (Mbobo & Ekpo,
2016). Among the interested parties are shareholders, creditors, tax authorities, customers,
financial analysts, and lenders. The parties need quality financial reports for economic decision
Financial report is one of the major means that corporate management uses in communicating
financial information for a given period. In this regard, the International Accounting Standard
(IAS 1) states that the purpose of financial reporting is to provide information about the financial
position, financial performance and cash flows of an entity that is useful to a wide range of users
in making economic decisions. Such information is communicated through financial statements.
Ibadin and Dabor (2015) stated that financial statements show the results of the management’s
stewardship of the resources entrusted to it by revealing economic information on assets,
liabilities, equity, income and expenses, including gains and losses; contributions by and
distributions to owners in their capacity as owners; and cash flows. Such information, along with
other information in the notes, assists users of financial statements in predicting the entity’s
future cash flows and, in particular, their timing.
Moreover, accounting information contained in the financial statements is one of the very
essential information needed by various stakeholders especially investors for making informed
economic decisions. Investors in search of investment avenues use the accounting information
contained in the financial statements of the intended investing company in pricing of shares.
Market participants seek high-quality financial reporting or information to mitigate information
asymmetry as such quality information should be a pre-requisite for a well-functioning capital
market. Thus, companies that provide high-quality information have an added advantage in their
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT ON THE PROFITABILITY OF A MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)» ABSTRACT Inventory management has posed a great concern to manufacturing firms. This will be attributed to the very nature of inventory as a major con...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF STOCK CONTROL PROFIT MAXIMISATION IN MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY LIMITED, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION • BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Stock is frozen cash and as such should be given the same if not more priority than liquid cas...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF CULTURAL FACTORS ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF GLOBAL ACCOUNTING STANDARDS IFRS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY As globalization increases at a blistering pace, more and more business entities continue to get ...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECTS OF ENVIRONMENTAL ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING ON CORPORATE PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF SELECTED OIL AND GAS COMPANIES IN NIGERIA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The need for Environmental Accounting has become the concern and focus of nation’s and resp...Continue Reading »
5. APPLICATION OF AUDIO VISUAL AIDS IN TEACHING ACCOUNTING IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN IGBO – EZE NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This project work was undertaken to survey the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of Accounting in some selected secondary...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Advertiser’s primary mission is to reach prospective customers and influence their awareness, attitudes and buying behaviour....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY For the purpose of fiscal accountability, there is first of all the auditor general whose pos...Continue Reading »
8. DETERMINANTS OF INTERNAL AUDIT EFFECTIVENESS IN KANO STATE MINISTRIES, DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES (MDAs)» ABSTRACT Effective internal audit is an important and integral function of organizations that helps in achieving its objectives and protecting organiz...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE ON EFFECTIVE EMPLOYEES’ PERFORMANCE TOWARDS THE ATTAINMENT OF THE ORGANIZATION GOALS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Organizational culture refers to a system of shared assumptions, values, and beliefs that show pe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The economy of any country consist of sectors these sectors include industrial transport, agricul...Continue Reading »