Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The article on this topic (determinant of audit fee in quoted firm in the Nigerian stock exchange) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete project work would be made available when you subscribe for the full material.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
The market for audit services has been recognize to be segmented into varying sub-markets or sub-sectors of an economy. Empirical researchers have shown that the concentration has been as the private sector market than in the public sector. Prices paid to the external auditors for audit services differ significantly from that of the public sector. The basis of determining these fees the statutory auditors receive from client organization has continued to attract the attention of researcher especially in developing countries such as Nigeria. The empirical findings obtained this far as regard the determinants of audit fees in developed economies have been mixed while the use of some variables have yielded positive correlations, others have rather remained inconclusive(Cobbin,2002). Basically, the essence of studying the determinants of audit fees is to enhance or maximize shareholders wealth. This is because audit fees paid by firms to external auditors for auditing the annual financial statements, no doubt constitute a major expenditure; certainly such expenditure does not increase the value of shareholders directly from empirical findings.
The day to day running of the affairs of a business entity no doubt is very much based on true relationship between the resource owners (shareholders) and managements. The owners put their trust on the management with a view to increasing wealth and preserving the continuity of the business. The true reflection of the affairs of the organization is always made known through the audited financial report. Usually, the nature of the work to be performed by an external auditor will determine the audit fees charge the client firm. The understanding of audit fee determination is pertinent to suppliers and customers of the audit services industry (Che–Ahmad &Houghton, 1996). Similarly, the pricing of these fees is very vital to market regulators. Prior studies have shown audit services might not be priced competitively due to high concentration of the number of accounting firms (Che-Ahmad & Houghton, 1996). Most of the studies conducted on audit fees determinants have majorly been in developed countries of the world (Simon, Teo & Trompeter, 1992).
Studies regarding the audit market and its actors (auditors and auditees) have been performed for more than 30 years (Chersan and Mihai, 2012). Consequently, more and more determinants of audit fees have been identified during this time and it has been settled that the impact of these factors on the fee level is mostly contradictory (Cobbin, 2002).
Similarly, the empirical evidence on audit fees determinants have been focused on developed economies with mixed results given some numbers of variables but without adequate researches in developing countries such as Nigeria. It is against this back drop this study examined the determinants of audit fees behavior among quoted firms in the construction sub-sector of the Nigeria Stock Exchange
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF CASHLESS POLICY ON PROFITABILITY OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIDELITY BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The importance of managing the economy efficiently cannot be over emphasized. The monetary author...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 304 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This research work examined the relevance of financial ratio analysis in the appraisal of small scale business with particular reference to M...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 372 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Wh movement is a transformational process which causes the displacement of a wh element from its base generated position to string initial po...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 136 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. ASSESSMENT OF HEALTHY TIMING AND SPACING OF PREGNANCY APPROACH IN LONG ACTING REVERSIBLE CONTRACEPTIVES ACCEPTANCE AMONG WOMEN IN YALA LOCAL GOVERNMEN...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Family planning is defined as the use of contraceptive methods to control the number, timing and spac...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 356 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEMS AMONGST GRADUATES OF HIGHER INSTITUTIONS (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU METROPOLIS)» ABSTRACT In this research, it is assumed that unemployment is a factor inherent in the nation’s economic system, first because intentionally or ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 121 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. FORENSIC ACCOUNTING: AN AID TO FRAUD DETECTION, PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN NIGERIA A STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION (EFCC), UYO» ABSTRACTS Foodborne diseases remain a major cause of morbidity and mortality in the general population, particularly in vulnerable groups. These disea...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 294 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» Abstract Shareholders’ value creation is the main objective of business organizations, but few studies use it as the measure of performance. Com...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 44 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This study examined groundnut oil production and marketing in Kaduna State, Nigeria. The specific objectives were to: examine the socio econo...Continue Reading »
97 pages | 312 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» TABLE OF CONTENTTITLE PAGE iAPPROVAL PAGE iiDEDICATION iiiACKNOWLEDGEMENT ivTABLE OF ONTENT vABSTRACT ixCHAPTER ONE:1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY 11.2 STATE...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 160 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» TABLE OF CONTENT TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract viii CHAP...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 180 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING