Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The article on this topic (determinant of audit fee in quoted firm in the Nigerian stock exchange) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete project work would be made available when you subscribe for the full material.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
The market for audit services has been recognize to be segmented into varying sub-markets or sub-sectors of an economy. Empirical researchers have shown that the concentration has been as the private sector market than in the public sector. Prices paid to the external auditors for audit services differ significantly from that of the public sector. The basis of determining these fees the statutory auditors receive from client organization has continued to attract the attention of researcher especially in developing countries such as Nigeria. The empirical findings obtained this far as regard the determinants of audit fees in developed economies have been mixed while the use of some variables have yielded positive correlations, others have rather remained inconclusive(Cobbin,2002). Basically, the essence of studying the determinants of audit fees is to enhance or maximize shareholders wealth. This is because audit fees paid by firms to external auditors for auditing the annual financial statements, no doubt constitute a major expenditure; certainly such expenditure does not increase the value of shareholders directly from empirical findings.
The day to day running of the affairs of a business entity no doubt is very much based on true relationship between the resource owners (shareholders) and managements. The owners put their trust on the management with a view to increasing wealth and preserving the continuity of the business. The true reflection of the affairs of the organization is always made known through the audited financial report. Usually, the nature of the work to be performed by an external auditor will determine the audit fees charge the client firm. The understanding of audit fee determination is pertinent to suppliers and customers of the audit services industry (Che–Ahmad &Houghton, 1996). Similarly, the pricing of these fees is very vital to market regulators. Prior studies have shown audit services might not be priced competitively due to high concentration of the number of accounting firms (Che-Ahmad & Houghton, 1996). Most of the studies conducted on audit fees determinants have majorly been in developed countries of the world (Simon, Teo & Trompeter, 1992).
Studies regarding the audit market and its actors (auditors and auditees) have been performed for more than 30 years (Chersan and Mihai, 2012). Consequently, more and more determinants of audit fees have been identified during this time and it has been settled that the impact of these factors on the fee level is mostly contradictory (Cobbin, 2002).
Similarly, the empirical evidence on audit fees determinants have been focused on developed economies with mixed results given some numbers of variables but without adequate researches in developing countries such as Nigeria. It is against this back drop this study examined the determinants of audit fees behavior among quoted firms in the construction sub-sector of the Nigeria Stock Exchange
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM AS A MEANS OF ENHANCING FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF TRANSPORT COMPANY (A Case Study Of The Nigerian Railway Corporation Enug...» ABSTRACT Accounting information system in a transport organization has been a great problem to the third world countries in general, which Nigeria as ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to examine the impact of new technology on the country’s broadcast media. To achieve this objective, four res...Continue Reading »
3. AUDITOR’S OPINION AND FINANCIAL REPORTING QUALITY A STUDY OF FIRST BANK MAIN BRANCH, KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Tittle Page Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement. v Table of Contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTE...Continue Reading »
4. CREDIT MANAGEMENT AND THE ISSUES OF BAD DEBT IN NIGERIA COMMERCIAL BANKS. (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGE...» ABSTRACT This research work was undertaken to assess the credit management and the issues of Bad debts in Commercial Banks.This work was intended to a...Continue Reading »
5. LOAN PROCUREMENT PROCEDURES FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE BUSINESSES PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SMES IN ENUGU METROPOLIS)» ABSTRACTThis research work is focused on the procurement procedures for small and medium scale business â€“ SMEs with regards problem and prospec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work investigated the application of collection development policies in academic libraries in North West, Nigeria. The study wa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work was focused on investigation on the use of budgeting as a tool for planning and control in a manufacturing industry . The ...Continue Reading »
8. INTERNAL AUDIT AND FRAUD CONTROL IN PUBLIC INSTITUTION (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO TEACHING HOSPITAL)» ABSTRACT This study examined Internal Audit and Fraud Control in Public Institutions in Nigeria (A Case Study of University of Uyo Teaching Hospital)....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION. 1.1 Background to the study. Since the existence of human beings on earth after the creation phase, with the resources man f...Continue Reading »
10. THE APPLICATION OF COST ACCOUNTING TO MANAGEMENT PLANNING, CONTROL AND DECISION MAKING (A CASE STUDY OF COCA COLA BOTTLING COMPANY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Conflict is an inescapable phenomenon of human life both at the interpersonal or international le...Continue Reading »