Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The article on this topic (determinant of audit fee in quoted firm in the Nigerian stock exchange) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete project work would be made available when you subscribe for the full material.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
The market for audit services has been recognize to be segmented into varying sub-markets or sub-sectors of an economy. Empirical researchers have shown that the concentration has been as the private sector market than in the public sector. Prices paid to the external auditors for audit services differ significantly from that of the public sector. The basis of determining these fees the statutory auditors receive from client organization has continued to attract the attention of researcher especially in developing countries such as Nigeria. The empirical findings obtained this far as regard the determinants of audit fees in developed economies have been mixed while the use of some variables have yielded positive correlations, others have rather remained inconclusive(Cobbin,2002). Basically, the essence of studying the determinants of audit fees is to enhance or maximize shareholders wealth. This is because audit fees paid by firms to external auditors for auditing the annual financial statements, no doubt constitute a major expenditure; certainly such expenditure does not increase the value of shareholders directly from empirical findings.
The day to day running of the affairs of a business entity no doubt is very much based on true relationship between the resource owners (shareholders) and managements. The owners put their trust on the management with a view to increasing wealth and preserving the continuity of the business. The true reflection of the affairs of the organization is always made known through the audited financial report. Usually, the nature of the work to be performed by an external auditor will determine the audit fees charge the client firm. The understanding of audit fee determination is pertinent to suppliers and customers of the audit services industry (Che–Ahmad &Houghton, 1996). Similarly, the pricing of these fees is very vital to market regulators. Prior studies have shown audit services might not be priced competitively due to high concentration of the number of accounting firms (Che-Ahmad & Houghton, 1996). Most of the studies conducted on audit fees determinants have majorly been in developed countries of the world (Simon, Teo & Trompeter, 1992).
Studies regarding the audit market and its actors (auditors and auditees) have been performed for more than 30 years (Chersan and Mihai, 2012). Consequently, more and more determinants of audit fees have been identified during this time and it has been settled that the impact of these factors on the fee level is mostly contradictory (Cobbin, 2002).
Similarly, the empirical evidence on audit fees determinants have been focused on developed economies with mixed results given some numbers of variables but without adequate researches in developing countries such as Nigeria. It is against this back drop this study examined the determinants of audit fees behavior among quoted firms in the construction sub-sector of the Nigeria Stock Exchange
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. OWNERSHIP STRUCTURE AND THE INFORMATIVENESS OF ACCOUNTING EARNINGS OF LISTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Accounting has developed over time as an essential stewardship function, which enables owners of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Monetary policy entails the government policies aimed at changing the quantity of money or credit condition for example, ...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM (AIS) ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY OF FIRM (CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED CONSTRUCTION FIRMS IN OYO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The emerging global economic scenario characterized by advancement in information technology, ra...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The economy of any country consist of sectors these sectors include industrial transport, agricul...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY. At independence, Nigeria joined the committee of nation with the hope for a better tomorrow....Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPORTANCE OF INVENTORY APPLICATION IN MANAGEMENT OF AN ORGANIZATION (A STUDY BOURBON DOCKING NIGERIA LIMITED PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)» ABSTRACT This research work was carried out to find out the importance of inventory application in management of an organization using Bourbon Docking...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF BUDGETING AND BUDGETARY CONTROL IN EXTRACTING INDUSTRY (A Case Study Of Shell Corperation Of Nigeria)» Abstract The main aim of this write up is to throw more light on the review of budgeting control in a extracting industry. This research purely base o...Continue Reading »
8. BUDGETING AND BUDGETARY CONTROL AS TOOLS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY IN GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS (A Case Study Of Enugu State Housing Development Corporation)» ABSTRACT This research work was focused on investigation on the use of budgeting and budgetary control as tools for accountability in government paras...Continue Reading »
9. COST ACCOUNTING INFORMATION AND PRODUCT COSTING IN SELECTED PAINT MANUFACTURING COMPANIES PORT HARCOURT» CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The studies of modern cost accounting yield an insight into both the accountant and management rol...Continue Reading »
10. FACTORS AFFECTING THE UPTAKE OF VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENTATION AMONG UNDER-FIVE CHILDREN IN UMUAHIA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ABIA STATE» SUMMARY Vitamin A deficiency (VAD) is associated with increased morbidity and mortality, especially among pregnant, lactating women and children. Its ...Continue Reading »