Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project attempts to computerize fuel distribution system of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Apata, Ibadan. This project is aimed at designing an automated system to ensure the distribution of fuel to the desired destination thereby leading to a more efficient, accurate and faster method in distributing fuel when the need arises. The propose system ensures adequate fuel distribution.
The programming language that will be used to develop this package is Visual basic due to its object oriented nature and also makes use of iconic interface that present information as picture instead of texts and numbers. The sale and production managers were interviewed to obtained information. Books are read to acquire more useful information.
The program was tested with carefully selected input data and produced efficient result and thereby recommended for use by NNPC Apata, Ibadan
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Over the years, computer has served a vital tool for the prevision of information in business organizations today.
There is hardly any serious business organization today that does not make use of computer in its day business activities computer are used in banking operation engineering design, research work are fuel distribution. It is common knowledge that the application of computer in various organizational activities has help to improve the efficiency of operation and the overall performance of organizations. This basically can be attributed to the speed, accuracy and storage capacity of the computer.
Distribution of fuel like any other setup, requires a lot of computer processing before fuel can be adequately distributed. This process include gathering of information to be used by management.
The advert of computer blew a breeze of change across the sections of this procedure thereby affected are the account department, production department and sales department. Distribution comes under the sales department, this department has always been neglected because of the computer used for processing.
This department remain vital aspect of the organization since the corporation source income depends largely on the effective distribution and this had necessitated the selected of this topic “Distribution System”.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Due to lack of prompt information retrieval and time wastage in dealing with the society or group that manages this distribution of fuel and inquiry are no longer capable of effective handling the tremendous information about fuel.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
The ultimate aim of this project is to computerize fuel distribution procedure. This is to increase the efficiency of fuel distribution. This project will open avenue on how the computer can be fully utilized in distribution of fuel in respect of improving the present activates using computer. The objective include:
1. To reduce the rate of data manipulation, and to improve the performance of the system.
2. To reduce the usage of file this could affect the daily production and sales information adversely.
3. To speed up the process of fuel distribution and have better control of the activities/ procedure.
4. To ensure proper functioning of all units and department within the system.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
The distribution of fuel has been pf immense importance to the society and the depot which include the following:
1. The availability fuel has eased transportation in society.
2. Cooking has become easier in the society, due to the production other product such as kerosene.
3. The rate of consumption of fuel by the society as served as a means of generating income to the management of the depot.
4. It has enable the management to increase its product.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This project focuses the process of computerizing all the processing of fuel distribution for convince and to avoid complexity a particular depot, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC), Ibadan has been chosen as the case study.
Also, the project also take care of the cost of litres, and issued out to various filling station, the program will perform the following tasks.
1. It will allow for percentage allocation for each filling station to be input when necessary.
2. The total allocation for each filling station will be displayed.
3. The total quantity of fuel supplied and demanded will be displayed.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
This project prototype software which demonstrate how fuel can be distributed to various units. It can used on stand alone system also;
Exorbitant financial implication is involved in using other oil company which cannot be afforded.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
This project will not be completed without the identification and definition of some of the terms used in the course of writing.
1. DISTRIBUTION: This is an act of allocating a shared distributed, allotment, apportionment.
2. AUTOMATED: This used of system to perform task.
3. FUEL: An organic Compound comprises of petroleum coal, kerosene, lubricating oil e.t.c. that is burnt in generate heat or energy.
4. PETROLEUM: They are organic energy which are consumable by people to generate heat or energy.
5. TANKER: A form of vehicle, which serve as a means of conveyance of transporting of petroleum product from one place to another.
6. LOCATION: The destination or place where the petroleum products are to be transported.
7. DISPATCH: To send away, to dispose off speedily.
8. CARRIER: This is the name of the tanker drive.
9 SUPPLYING DEPOT: The depot supplying product to other station.
10. DRIVE WAY: Is where the fuel is measured and discharge in the corporation and the filling station.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF AUDITING ON ACCOUNTABILITY AND EFFICIENCY IN THE MANAGEMENT OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR (A STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE MINISTRY OF FINANCE)» ABSTRACT This study was to examine the impact of auditing on accountability and efficiency in public sector with a particular reference to Ministry of...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 230 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. THE ROLE OF EXTERNAL AUDITORS ON FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY OF MANAGERS IN NIGERIA ORGANIZATIONS (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC. AKWA BRANCH...» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at finding and expressing the Roles of the External Auditors on financial accountability of managers in Nigeria organizat...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 117 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. THE EXTENT OF USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING-LEARNING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU SOU...» ABSTRACT The objective of this research work was to find out the problems and prospects of teaching English Language in Secondary Schools in Enugu Sou...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 156 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This study analysed the influence of Training and Development Policy and Organizational Performance in the Nigerian Ports Authority. The spec...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 231 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Wh movement is a transformational process which causes the displacement of a wh element from its base generated position to string initial po...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 61 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. THE IMPACT OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION ON THE GROWTH OF SMALL AND MEDIUM BUSINESS ( A STUDY OF SUPER PHONE NIGERIA LIMITED, UYO)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 333 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. THE EFFECT OF FLUCTUATING FOREIGN EXCHANGE RATE ON NIGERIA CURRENCY. (A CASE STUDY OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA, ENUGU BRANCH)» ABSTRACT The currency of a nation is made to appreciate. Is this appreciation made at the expense of the foreign market determinant? Or is it as a res...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate social responsibility is one vital aspect of any business. However, this is one area w...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 252 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» (A STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO) ABSTRACT This study sought to assess the influence of financial accounting reporting on the management of a b...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 496 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. EVALUATING INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)» ABSTRACT Inventory management is a significant component of any business since inventories are normally accountable for the majority of the costs incu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 279 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING