Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project attempts to computerize fuel distribution system of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Apata, Ibadan. This project is aimed at designing an automated system to ensure the distribution of fuel to the desired destination thereby leading to a more efficient, accurate and faster method in distributing fuel when the need arises. The propose system ensures adequate fuel distribution.
The programming language that will be used to develop this package is Visual basic due to its object oriented nature and also makes use of iconic interface that present information as picture instead of texts and numbers. The sale and production managers were interviewed to obtained information. Books are read to acquire more useful information.
The program was tested with carefully selected input data and produced efficient result and thereby recommended for use by NNPC Apata, Ibadan
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Over the years, computer has served a vital tool for the prevision of information in business organizations today.
There is hardly any serious business organization today that does not make use of computer in its day business activities computer are used in banking operation engineering design, research work are fuel distribution. It is common knowledge that the application of computer in various organizational activities has help to improve the efficiency of operation and the overall performance of organizations. This basically can be attributed to the speed, accuracy and storage capacity of the computer.
Distribution of fuel like any other setup, requires a lot of computer processing before fuel can be adequately distributed. This process include gathering of information to be used by management.
The advert of computer blew a breeze of change across the sections of this procedure thereby affected are the account department, production department and sales department. Distribution comes under the sales department, this department has always been neglected because of the computer used for processing.
This department remain vital aspect of the organization since the corporation source income depends largely on the effective distribution and this had necessitated the selected of this topic “Distribution System”.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Due to lack of prompt information retrieval and time wastage in dealing with the society or group that manages this distribution of fuel and inquiry are no longer capable of effective handling the tremendous information about fuel.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
The ultimate aim of this project is to computerize fuel distribution procedure. This is to increase the efficiency of fuel distribution. This project will open avenue on how the computer can be fully utilized in distribution of fuel in respect of improving the present activates using computer. The objective include:
1. To reduce the rate of data manipulation, and to improve the performance of the system.
2. To reduce the usage of file this could affect the daily production and sales information adversely.
3. To speed up the process of fuel distribution and have better control of the activities/ procedure.
4. To ensure proper functioning of all units and department within the system.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
The distribution of fuel has been pf immense importance to the society and the depot which include the following:
1. The availability fuel has eased transportation in society.
2. Cooking has become easier in the society, due to the production other product such as kerosene.
3. The rate of consumption of fuel by the society as served as a means of generating income to the management of the depot.
4. It has enable the management to increase its product.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This project focuses the process of computerizing all the processing of fuel distribution for convince and to avoid complexity a particular depot, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC), Ibadan has been chosen as the case study.
Also, the project also take care of the cost of litres, and issued out to various filling station, the program will perform the following tasks.
1. It will allow for percentage allocation for each filling station to be input when necessary.
2. The total allocation for each filling station will be displayed.
3. The total quantity of fuel supplied and demanded will be displayed.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
This project prototype software which demonstrate how fuel can be distributed to various units. It can used on stand alone system also;
Exorbitant financial implication is involved in using other oil company which cannot be afforded.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
This project will not be completed without the identification and definition of some of the terms used in the course of writing.
1. DISTRIBUTION: This is an act of allocating a shared distributed, allotment, apportionment.
2. AUTOMATED: This used of system to perform task.
3. FUEL: An organic Compound comprises of petroleum coal, kerosene, lubricating oil e.t.c. that is burnt in generate heat or energy.
4. PETROLEUM: They are organic energy which are consumable by people to generate heat or energy.
5. TANKER: A form of vehicle, which serve as a means of conveyance of transporting of petroleum product from one place to another.
6. LOCATION: The destination or place where the petroleum products are to be transported.
7. DISPATCH: To send away, to dispose off speedily.
8. CARRIER: This is the name of the tanker drive.
9 SUPPLYING DEPOT: The depot supplying product to other station.
10. DRIVE WAY: Is where the fuel is measured and discharge in the corporation and the filling station.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF STOCK CONTROL PROFIT MAXIMISATION IN MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY LIMITED, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Stock is frozen cash and as such should be given the same if not more priority than liquid cash. ...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECTIVE RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION AS A TOOL FOR ACHIEVING HIGHER EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY IN AN ORGANISATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is no doubt that the achievement of the corporate objectives largely depends on the caliber of...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS IMPLEMENTATION ON THE COMPARABILITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS (A CASE STUDY OF CHAMPIONS BREWE...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the Study In recent times, a number of Nigerian companies have raised capital from international capital mar...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECTIVE BUDGETARY IMPLEMENTATION AS A TOOL FOR SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT This long essay seeks to outline the possible means at which the constraining factors can be address to promote effective budgeting that will...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (problems of tax collection in Nigeria) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete project w...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT No doubt, the advent of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has greatly impacted human interaction ranging from political, religio...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION ON ORGANISATION PREFACE (A CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY ABRAKA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Every morning a nation’s future is born inside a classroom; it is only at the hands of a &l...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT According to the research made concerning the relationship between a worker’s life and his job, stress is assuming as number one killer...Continue Reading »
9. CONTRIBUTIONS OF INSURANCE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF RISK IN NIGERIA OIL INDUSTRIES (A STUDY OF SHELL PETROLEUM PLC)» ABSTRACT This project is on the topic titled “The Insurance Contribution in the Management of Risk in Nigeria Oil Industry” The work is di...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF BUDGETING IN THE MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS: A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING, ENUGU.» ABSTRACT It is now a common knowledge that budgeting plays an invaluable role in our public institutions. However, this administrative tool has hardly...Continue Reading »