Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project attempts to computerize fuel distribution system of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Apata, Ibadan. This project is aimed at designing an automated system to ensure the distribution of fuel to the desired destination thereby leading to a more efficient, accurate and faster method in distributing fuel when the need arises. The propose system ensures adequate fuel distribution.
The programming language that will be used to develop this package is Visual basic due to its object oriented nature and also makes use of iconic interface that present information as picture instead of texts and numbers. The sale and production managers were interviewed to obtained information. Books are read to acquire more useful information.
The program was tested with carefully selected input data and produced efficient result and thereby recommended for use by NNPC Apata, Ibadan
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Over the years, computer has served a vital tool for the prevision of information in business organizations today.
There is hardly any serious business organization today that does not make use of computer in its day business activities computer are used in banking operation engineering design, research work are fuel distribution. It is common knowledge that the application of computer in various organizational activities has help to improve the efficiency of operation and the overall performance of organizations. This basically can be attributed to the speed, accuracy and storage capacity of the computer.
Distribution of fuel like any other setup, requires a lot of computer processing before fuel can be adequately distributed. This process include gathering of information to be used by management.
The advert of computer blew a breeze of change across the sections of this procedure thereby affected are the account department, production department and sales department. Distribution comes under the sales department, this department has always been neglected because of the computer used for processing.
This department remain vital aspect of the organization since the corporation source income depends largely on the effective distribution and this had necessitated the selected of this topic “Distribution System”.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Due to lack of prompt information retrieval and time wastage in dealing with the society or group that manages this distribution of fuel and inquiry are no longer capable of effective handling the tremendous information about fuel.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
The ultimate aim of this project is to computerize fuel distribution procedure. This is to increase the efficiency of fuel distribution. This project will open avenue on how the computer can be fully utilized in distribution of fuel in respect of improving the present activates using computer. The objective include:
1. To reduce the rate of data manipulation, and to improve the performance of the system.
2. To reduce the usage of file this could affect the daily production and sales information adversely.
3. To speed up the process of fuel distribution and have better control of the activities/ procedure.
4. To ensure proper functioning of all units and department within the system.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
The distribution of fuel has been pf immense importance to the society and the depot which include the following:
1. The availability fuel has eased transportation in society.
2. Cooking has become easier in the society, due to the production other product such as kerosene.
3. The rate of consumption of fuel by the society as served as a means of generating income to the management of the depot.
4. It has enable the management to increase its product.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This project focuses the process of computerizing all the processing of fuel distribution for convince and to avoid complexity a particular depot, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC), Ibadan has been chosen as the case study.
Also, the project also take care of the cost of litres, and issued out to various filling station, the program will perform the following tasks.
1. It will allow for percentage allocation for each filling station to be input when necessary.
2. The total allocation for each filling station will be displayed.
3. The total quantity of fuel supplied and demanded will be displayed.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
This project prototype software which demonstrate how fuel can be distributed to various units. It can used on stand alone system also;
Exorbitant financial implication is involved in using other oil company which cannot be afforded.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
This project will not be completed without the identification and definition of some of the terms used in the course of writing.
1. DISTRIBUTION: This is an act of allocating a shared distributed, allotment, apportionment.
2. AUTOMATED: This used of system to perform task.
3. FUEL: An organic Compound comprises of petroleum coal, kerosene, lubricating oil e.t.c. that is burnt in generate heat or energy.
4. PETROLEUM: They are organic energy which are consumable by people to generate heat or energy.
5. TANKER: A form of vehicle, which serve as a means of conveyance of transporting of petroleum product from one place to another.
6. LOCATION: The destination or place where the petroleum products are to be transported.
7. DISPATCH: To send away, to dispose off speedily.
8. CARRIER: This is the name of the tanker drive.
9 SUPPLYING DEPOT: The depot supplying product to other station.
10. DRIVE WAY: Is where the fuel is measured and discharge in the corporation and the filling station.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Businesses uses profit as a criteria for the measurement of performance and for efficient allocation of scarce resources. Management in view ...Continue Reading »
2. THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN THE PREVENTION OF POLLUTION IN THE MARITIME INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF RIVERS PORT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Countries with small populations and higher levels of development may cope with globalization bet...Continue Reading »
3. ROLE OF THE SHEIKH MAHMUD GUMI MARKET TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE KADUNA METROPOLIS WITHIN THE PERIOD BETWEEN 1999 TO 2014» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction It should be noted that this paper is a conscious attempt to uncover and make understandable the many ways in which the S...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF FIRMS CHARACTERISTICS ON REAL EARNINGS MANAGEMENT IN THE LISTED INDUSTRIAL GOODS FIRMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Accounting information has been the major input in capital allocation decisions of investors and ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Production well optimization and modeling is very important in the efficient management of oil and gas production from a well. A major factor...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study analysed the influence of Training and Development Policy and Organizational Performance in the Nigerian Ports Authority. The spec...Continue Reading »
7. SOURCES AND STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVEMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT REVENUE IN ABIA STATE (A CASE OF OHAFIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA),» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) is revenues generated internally apart from subventions, alloc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Housing can be defined as buildings or structures that individuals and their family may live in t...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research paper fraud detection and control in payroll department the aim of conducting this research work is to investigate into the cau...Continue Reading »
10. MAINTAINING AND UPGRADING SOLAR POWER SYSTEM THAT IS INSTALLED IN ELECTRICAL MACHINE, ELECTRONICS AND POWER LABORATORY IN ORDER TO PROVIDE CONSTANT PO...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO STUDY The term “Renewable energy” covers all forms of energy generated from natural resources s...Continue Reading »