Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 88 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY.
Every country in the world tends to generate income through tax administration. In Nigeria the company income tax administration aims and tries to tax each company in the state more effectively. However the level at which the company income tax Administration in Nigeria tend to achieve its desired goals and objectives depends mostly on the tax office and the company that is operating in Abia state.
For the tax Administration in Nigeria to be effective the aspect of the companies been taxed should be considered adequately and more accurately so that the company would provide reliable financial performance information for assessment. In which the federal government derives its income.
Due to the ever changing tax administration policies in the country and modifications in the aspect of taxation in Nigeria some companies want to stay afloat and employ all kind of strategies that benefits them. Some of them evade tax and some avoid tax.
When tax in Nigeria is paid by the various companies operating in the state the revenue collected are used to provide utility services and providing additional government services such as in education and transport which are of great importance to the growth of the economy of the state and to the country.
Tax administration in the country is a very important aspect that assist in the provision of revenue to the economy of which the avoidance of tax payment by the companies in the country in general and in Abia state in particular will result to a serious damage to the revenue which should have been generated and used for the provision of infrastructure.
When a company is been taxed by the federal board of inland revenue (FBIR) the company is meant to give an accurate information about their income but some companies go to the extent of forgery in provision of their documents which gives an incorrect information to the board, thereby causing reduction in their tax assessment.
Based on the above observation or trend of this action over time this study set out to examine the problems and prospects of the company income tax administration in Nigeria and in Abia state to be precise.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS.
The tax administration (collection and assessment of tax from companies is a difficult task. The assessment and collection of companies’ income tax as at when due has been a problem
Associated with company income tax administration in Nigeria. These problem through observation has been influenced by the following understated factors.
Fraudulent under-declaration of income and making of incorrect returns by companies coupled with collusion of officials of FBIR staff with company under assessment.
The problem of tax evasion is real and so much in Nigerian economy where individuals and companies use all means to evade tax.
The fact that the federal board of inland revenue (FBIR) is unable to bring their entities within the letter of the law is of a serious concern mostly in the area of highly government spending borrowing and when there is pressing need to improve revenue generations from all sources including taxation.
The problems of revenue losses to government due to fraudulent and illegal deals from her citizens and organisations within the country prompt the need for this research work.
1.3 RESEARCH OBJECTIVES
1. To ascertain whether sharp practices in administration between the staff of FBIR and assess company contributed to tax evasion
2. To ascertain if there is any variation between financial statement used for AGM and that sent to FBIR for tax administration
3. To ascertain whether loss of confidence in government officials has contributed to tax evasion.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
For the purpose of this study the following question were raised for an indept study of this research work;
1. To what extent has sharp practices in administration between the staff of the FBIR and assess company contributed to tax evasion
2. To what extent has there been variation between financial statement used for AGM and that sent to FBIR for tax administration
3. Has loss of confidence in government officials contributed to tax evasion
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Ho:- Sharp practices in tax administration between the staff of FBIR and assessed company does not contributes to tax evasion
H1:- Sharp practices in tax administration between the staff of FBIR and assessed company contributes to tax evasion
Ho:- There is variation between the financial statement used for AGM and that used for tax admini
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» GENERAL INTRODUCTION INTRODUCTION In the history of philosophy, it is believed that the ultimate end of man is happiness, and the only way that leads ...Continue Reading »
2. AUDITOR’S CONTRIBUTION TOWARDS EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION. ( A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC OZORO )» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The crux of the project is to highlight the auditor contribution towards effective management of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT This report is presented as documentation for the repairs, maintenance and installation in the ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research examines Financial Management and Survival of Cooperative Societies in Nigeria with special reference to Yaba College of Techno...Continue Reading »
5. OWNERSHIP STRUCTURE AND THE INFORMATIVENESS OF ACCOUNTING EARNINGS OF LISTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Accounting has developed over time as an essential stewardship function, which enables owners of ...Continue Reading »
6. THE INCIDENCE OF BRAND LOYALTY AMONG CONSUMERS’ OF CEREAL FOODS (A CASE STUDY OF PHINOMAR FOODS ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 9 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Human behaviour is enormously varied and very complex and is predicted on attitude, learning and ha...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In recent years, the independence of an auditor has come under criticism. This is because the ess...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Queues are common sight in banks these days especially on Mondays and on Fridays. Hence queuing theory which is the mathematical study of wai...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECTS OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT ON LIQUIDITY POSITION OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT This project is written in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of Higher National Diploma. Let me state that I was motivated...Continue Reading »
10. BUDGETARY CONTROL: AN INDISPENSABLE TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF BETA GLASS PLC, UGHELLI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study There are varied and diverse organisations that exist. They include social, political and economi...Continue Reading »