Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
The business environment is characteristics by a lot of uncertainties ranging from factors like economic environment, supply and demand and legal factors, competition attitude and technological changes.
A critical looks at the performance of some these manufacturing business organization will reveal a lot of business failure as a result of lack of proper planning against these uncertainties.
According to Drury (200), proper planning of business helps in reducing uncertainties thereby providing the management of these enterprises with a clear direction by determining their course of actions in advance.
According to Pandey (2010), for any enterprise to achieve these goals and objectives, they must be managed effectively and efficiently. One of the way in which the management can achieve these objectives is through profit planning and control or budgeting.
According to Nweze (2011) budgeting in its time word is the design of the future state of an entity and the effective ways of bringing it about. Budgeting or planning involves the determination of the future course of actions for accomplishing the objectives of the enterprises.
The main purpose of budget planning is to provide the necessary guidelines for making decisions.
The value of budgeting control of any organization can never be over – emphasized as these organization and companies have limited resources and these scares resources impose limits on the number of extent and range of end result the organization was set out to achieve.
Some of these goals include maximizing profit or achieving some satisfactory level of performance profit satisfaction achieving continual growth or ensuring the survival of the organization avoiding risk in making investment and performing a social services desired by other.
According to Nweze (2011), A budget therefore, co – ordinates in an organization be of different department in an organization be it manufactory concerns or non – manufactory concerns and provided means of bringing both the marketing production and financial activities of organization together.
The proper co – ordination of the various activities of these organization especially manufacturing concerns by their management is the main concern of this study.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Having stated earlier that the business environment is full of uncertainties as a result of such factors, social – economic issue political unrest, demand and supply forces legal issues and technological changes all these affect the management of any organization in one way or the other thus needed attention for proper management.
You would equally recalled that organizational goals and objectives are numerous but the means resources for satisfying these needs are limited, at times not available hence needed control to satisfy the high priority areas.
These problems, enunciated above have led the researcher to find ensures to such question a follows:
a. Do any manufacturing companies in Nigeria do budgeting?
b. If they do, what are the types of budgetary usually employed by them?
c. The type used or applied, does it enhance their profit planning strategies?
1.3 Objectives of the Study
According to Pandey (2010), Budgeting was undertaking with the following objective in mind.
a. To find out whether the manufacturing organization concerns in Nigeria, plans their profit hence their budget estimate.
b. To find out whether or not manufacturing organizations control their level of profit making and the means used to achieve this.
c. To identify the types of budgeting in some of the manufacturing business concerns in Nigeria that enhance efficiency.
1.4 Research Question
a. To what extent does the manufacturing business organization control their levels of profit making and the means used to achieve it.
b. Does manufacturing business organizations in Nigeria plans their profit hence their losses are unnecessary large in relation to their budget estimate.
c. What are the types of budgeting in some of the manufacturing business concern in Nigeria and how does it enhance efficiency.
1.5 Significance of the Study
According to Nweze (2011), Budgeting is very important especially at this time of our economic of our development in that,
a. It will show why profit planning is very vital for any manufacturing establishment that wishes to survive.
b. It will help the organization to determine and maintain an acceptable level between high profit and low profit at a given time thus leading them to attain the various organization goals and objectives.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study will dwell on the definition of budgeting and other areas of budgeting and how it is use as a means of internal control in an organization. Also the study will be limited to the case study of eternity limited.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
As a result of these constraints (time and money) this study was limited to manufacturing concern in the old eastern states which include Delta. Enugu, Anambra and Imo State which hope that the conclusions reached in the course of the study would apply to other manufacturing business in Delta State and Eternit Limited in particular.
Another limiting factor was the literacy level of the respondents out of 78 respondent sample their opinions 2 of them were skeptical as regards given out useful information on the budget planning of this organization. This was a result of dishing out useful data to their competitors in the same manufacturing industries or business.
1.8 Definition of Term
1. Efficient: A firm is said to be efficient if it can manage their resources well.
2. Effectiveness: This entails proper co – ordination of these limited resources in form of both human and material resources to combat their responsibilities.
3. Planning: The design of a desire future state of a entity and the effective ways to bring it about.
4. Goals: Performances can defined the assessment of the company toward reaching the target goals and objectives.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Banks are profit making organizations performing as intermediaries connecting borrowers and lende...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF GLOBALIZATION ON BANKING OPERATION IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC.)» ABSTRACT The barking industry has witnessed landmark improvements in series delivery and the practice of banking due to globalization of banking opera...Continue Reading »
3. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF PENSION ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIAN PUBLIC SECTOR (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA POLYTECHNIC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The pension and gratuity which are normally goes to retired employee have been in practice in...Continue Reading »
4. PETROLEUM PROFIT TAX AND CAPITAL EXPENDITURE OF THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY ( A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY For the development and growth of any economy, the provision of basic infrastructure is quite necessa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An accounting system records, retains and reproduces financial information relating to financial ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Effective tax administration is an issue as old as taxation itself. The balancing act between max...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval Page iv Dedication v Acknowledgements vi Table of Contents vii Abstract x CHA...Continue Reading »
8. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE ACCOUNTING IN NIGERIA A CASE STUDY OF NSUKKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT The title of this research work is, problems and prospects of local government finance/accounting in Nigeria” with particular reference...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Auditing can be said to be as old as man where people has been required to account for their transact...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION. 1.1 Background to the study. Since the existence of human beings on earth after the creation phase, with the resources man f...Continue Reading »