Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 141 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
A major motivation for accounting research is providing evidence on how earnings are useful to a wide range of users in making economic decisions. Of particular interest over the last decade has been the issue of the quality of accounting reports, particularly the quality of earnings. This study examines Board Supervision and Earnings Quality of Listed Conglomerate Firms in Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE) with a view to determine how board size, proportion of non-executive directors and number of board meetings have significant impact on earnings quality of the conglomerate firms under study. Correlation research design is used for the study and data is collected from six (6) conglomerate companies listed in the NSE daily official list as at 31 December 2012 from the firms‟ official website and facts books. The study covers periods 2006 – 2013. Multiple regression analysis was used as technique for analysis. All output are obtained using STATA 10 statistical package.The findings indicated that a positive relationship between Board size and earnings quality and significant at 5%level of significance. The relationship between proportions of Non-Executive and number of board meetings is positive but insignificant. The study was able to establish the overall significance relationship of the three variables with earnings quality. The study therefore, recommends an increase in Board size of the conglomerate firms so as to strengthen supervision and increased earnings quality. Also, an increase in the proportion of non – Executive Directors will enhance effective board supervision thereby leading to a higher earnings quality. Frequent meetings of the board will create immediate forum for removing gray areas that may affect supervision and earnings quality.
1.1 Background to the Study
Earnings quality and the quality of financial reporting in general are subjects
that have attracted much attention and are the centre of debate for investors,
regulators as well as scholars in the recent years. This heightened attention to the
subject of earnings quality is, in part, due to the wave of accounting scandals of th
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE PROBLEMS OF ASSESSMENT AND COLLECTION OF TAX IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Assessment and collection of tax has been problem to various government especially Delta state bo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION The Capital Market exists to provide long term capital to both government and co operate bodies for incentiv...Continue Reading »
3. AUDITING AS A TOOL FOR ENSURING ACCOUNTABILITY (A CASE STUDY OF EFFIMA PETROLEUM NIGERIAN LIMITED, EKET AND E. OKON VENTURE, IKOT EKPENE)» ABSTRACT This study sought to assess Auditing as a Tool for Ensuring Accountability in Effima Petroleum Nigeria Limited, Eket and E. Okon Ventures, Ik...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe issue of corporate tax avoidance hasreceived vast empirical examination in Western academe. This vast examination has however not been ech...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study According to the World Bank Countries income groups, Nigeria has been classified as a lower middl...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Commercial banks play an important role in economic development of developing countries. Economic de...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined the role of forensic accountant as a panacea to fraud detection adopting some selected quoted companies in Nigeria as my c...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research examines Financial Management and Survival of Cooperative Societies in Nigeria with special reference to Yaba College of Techno...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTS The quality assessment of borehole and well waters from ten locations in Enugu urban area were studied and compared with World Health Organi...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ON ACCOUNTING RECONCILIATION (A CASE STUDY OF THE BANKING INDUSTRY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The introduction and usage of information and communication technology ideas, techniques, policies an...Continue Reading »