Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 143 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦30,000
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
The sensitivity of Nigeria‟s petroleum industry is clearly reflected in its importance to the
Nigerian economy, because as a major foreign exchange earnerit contributes over 80% of
government revenues and also provides for the development of Nigeria‟s infrastructures and
other industries (Anya, 2002; Chukwu, 2002; Mathiason, 2006). According to the British
Petroleum (BP) Statistical Energy Surveyas cited in Mbendi (2014), Nigeria is a leading oil and
gas producer in Africa and is ranked as the tenth largest oil producer in the world with proved oil
reserves of about 37.2 billion barrels, and estimates in excess of 187.5 trillion standard cubic feet
of natural gas as at the end of 2011.
The foregoing underscores the vast investments potentials of the Nigerian petroleum
industry; hence, investment decisions is likely to be influenced by the value of firms in the
industry.Given that the maximization of firm value depends upon the financial health of the firm,
which involves the evaluation and selection of appropriate governance strategies and financial
structures that can influence the firm‟s value. Thus, the aim of firm executives is to maximize the
value of the firmand its stock (Namazi&Kirmani,2009).
Consideringthat the operations of firms associated with the Nigerian petroleum industry
are volatile and the characteristics of its assets and liabilities are opaque, leading to an
asymmetry of information, less transparency and a greater ability to obscure existing and
developing problems, good corporate governance is seen as a necessary instrument that will
complement effective supervision and allow managers and supervisors to better allocate scarce
resources to improve firm value in the industry. It is also believed that the implementation of
good corporate governance would protect the interests of stakeholders, build and maintain public
confidence and ultimately contribute to the integrity and stability of the industry as well as
improve the overall value of the firms.
Several studies (Fama & Jensen, 1983; Baysinger & Hoskisson, 1990; Bathala & Rao,
1995; Christensen, Kent & Stewart, 2010) view the predominant role of corporate governance as
concerned with the structure of rights and responsibilities among the parties with a stake in the
firm, and is reflected in accounting and finance literature as the
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract In this research work on the role of auditors in mitigating fraud and corruption in Nigeria with particular reference to Nigerian Breweries P...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In assessing the Impact of Information Technology on the Quality of Services in Jaiz Bank Nigeria Plc, the problems found in the project was ...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECTS OF TWO TEACHING METHODS ON SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN BIOLOGY (CASE STUDY OF EDUCATION ZONE ENUGU)» ABSTRACT “The Effect Of Two Teaching Methods On Secondary School Students Performance In Biology In Enugu Educational Zone” is a very vita...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM ON REVENUE GENERATION: (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA (P.H.C.N) OKPARA AVENUE ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State w...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A business combination takes place when two or more business organization come together to fo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Financial scandals around the world are blamed on widespread alteration in accounting earnings by managers. Board characteristics are expecte...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTFinancial performance requires appropriate internal audit practices to enhance efficiency. For the purpose of this study the researcher sought...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: Introduction 1.1 Background to the study Business organizations now spend enormous sums of money and spare no effort in selecting, traini...Continue Reading »
9. ACCESSIBILITY OF CREDIT FACILITY FROM FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS BY SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES: EVIDENCE FROM NIGERIA» Abstract This study tries to look at the accessibility of credit facility from financial institutions by small and Medium Scale Enterprises: Evidence ...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL AUDIT ON MANAGEMENT CONTROL SUCCESS (CASE STUDY OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE, AKWA IBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The last decade has witnessed several accounting scandals and corporate failures that were blamed...Continue Reading »