Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 143 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦30,000
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
The sensitivity of Nigeria‟s petroleum industry is clearly reflected in its importance to the
Nigerian economy, because as a major foreign exchange earnerit contributes over 80% of
government revenues and also provides for the development of Nigeria‟s infrastructures and
other industries (Anya, 2002; Chukwu, 2002; Mathiason, 2006). According to the British
Petroleum (BP) Statistical Energy Surveyas cited in Mbendi (2014), Nigeria is a leading oil and
gas producer in Africa and is ranked as the tenth largest oil producer in the world with proved oil
reserves of about 37.2 billion barrels, and estimates in excess of 187.5 trillion standard cubic feet
of natural gas as at the end of 2011.
The foregoing underscores the vast investments potentials of the Nigerian petroleum
industry; hence, investment decisions is likely to be influenced by the value of firms in the
industry.Given that the maximization of firm value depends upon the financial health of the firm,
which involves the evaluation and selection of appropriate governance strategies and financial
structures that can influence the firm‟s value. Thus, the aim of firm executives is to maximize the
value of the firmand its stock (Namazi&Kirmani,2009).
Consideringthat the operations of firms associated with the Nigerian petroleum industry
are volatile and the characteristics of its assets and liabilities are opaque, leading to an
asymmetry of information, less transparency and a greater ability to obscure existing and
developing problems, good corporate governance is seen as a necessary instrument that will
complement effective supervision and allow managers and supervisors to better allocate scarce
resources to improve firm value in the industry. It is also believed that the implementation of
good corporate governance would protect the interests of stakeholders, build and maintain public
confidence and ultimately contribute to the integrity and stability of the industry as well as
improve the overall value of the firms.
Several studies (Fama & Jensen, 1983; Baysinger & Hoskisson, 1990; Bathala & Rao,
1995; Christensen, Kent & Stewart, 2010) view the predominant role of corporate governance as
concerned with the structure of rights and responsibilities among the parties with a stake in the
firm, and is reflected in accounting and finance literature as the
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPLEMENTATION AND ADOPTION OF INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING STANDARDS ON FINANCIAL REPORTING QUALITY IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SECTOR» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration Page ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vii List of Tables xi Abstract x...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUATING INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)» ABSTRACT Inventory management is a significant component of any business since inventories are normally accountable for the majority of the costs incu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study titled determinants of dividend payout of listed consumer goods firms in Nigeria was designed to investigate factors that influence...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work on A Comparative Study of Expenditure Controls method in Government and private Hospitals is aimed at studying and analysi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Working Capital is the investment at the firm in short term or current assets, which include ...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECTS OF TWO TEACHING METHODS ON SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN BIOLOGY (CASE STUDY OF EDUCATION ZONE ENUGU)» ABSTRACT “The Effect Of Two Teaching Methods On Secondary School Students Performance In Biology In Enugu Educational Zone” is a very vita...Continue Reading »
7. INVESTORS RELIANCE ON FINANCIAL STATEMENT (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC, UROMI BRANCH EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to America Accounting Association, Accounting is the process of identifying, measuring, and communi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study by introducing the subject of the project work: the impact of auditing in controlling fraud and other financial irregularities. In...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF SMOKING, FRYING AND FREEZING ON NUTRIENT COMPOSITION, MICROBIAL QUALITY AND SHELF LIFE OF CLARIAS GARIEPINUSBURCHELL, 1822» ABSTRACT This study evaluate the effects of smoking, frying and freezing on the nutrient composition, microbial quality and shelf life of Clariasgarie...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF TAXATION AS A TOOL FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA (A STUDY OF FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE, UYO)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »