Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
1.1 Background of the Study
Secondary schools offering accounting face enormous challenges. Teachers get frustrated because there are a few or unavailable facilities to teach and carry out practical’s. When this happens the products are found wanting when sent to the job market because they have not fully and confidently grasped the course content and course work effectively. Lack of facilities has really been a major problem and students have to buy most of these items by themselves. These problems have made accounting in the secondary school very expensive, (Flock 1974). Confirming the neglect of vocational and Technical Education by the government, Anyakoha (2005) said, lack of modern equipment has also been a major problem as students read more about sophiscated equipment and have no opportunity of exploring such equipment for a first-hand information but resort to pictures in books. Anyakoha, (2007), again complained that due to the combination of other courses, work in the accounting has become tedious, such that it is difficult to plan field trips, visits to industries, institutions and organizations where these equipment can be found to aid learning and facilitate class room work. Due to lack of funds and aid from government and donor agencies to help build more practice houses, modern equipped food laboratories, textiles and sewing rooms, spacious demonstration centres and lecture halls, students and lecturers are clung to the old laboratories and the out dated facilities. Library facilities are poor, books are lacking and the few books found are too old, and this makes research and learning very different on the part of the student. From the ongoing it will be seen that accounting Education has not been given its pride of place as other professions in the march toward our national transformation. We are living in a world where science and technology have become an integral part of the world’s culture. With the increasing rate of unemployment in Nigeria, an effective training in the major areas of Home Economics will ensure functional and productive life for individuals towards national development. The research seek to investigate the challenges of Availability of teachers and laboratory facilities for effective teaching and learning of accounting in junior secondary school in Enugu North (a case study of Enugu north L.G.A)
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Accounting is a skill oriented field of study that is expected to equip learners with survival skills that make for self-reliance, employment and paid employment. Occupational skills are best understood as competency on resourceful skills capable of steering an individual to be self-reliant, independent and productive in meeting lives challenges. Creese, A. (1976) said occupational skills are life survival skills which an individual needs to function effectively and face the challenges of life. Thus accounting could play a significant role in achieving the goals of the National Economic and Development strategy (NEEDS). These goals include wealth creation, employment generation, and reduction of poverty, elimination of corruption and the general reorientation of values. In spite of these laudable qualities of accounting as a skill, there are series of challenges which impede its growth to be one of the pathways to national transformation. Some of these challenges include, Federal Government’s lukewarm attitude towards vocational and technical education programmes generally in Nigerian. The problem confronting this research therefore is to investigate Availability of laboratory facilities for effective teaching and learning of accounting in junior secondary school in Enugu North (a case study of Enugu north L.G.A)
1.3 Objective of the Study
1 To determine the effect of visual aid on effective teaching of accounting
2 To determine the effect audio facilities on effective teaching of accounting
3 To determine the effect of ICT facilities on effective teaching of accounting
1.4 Research Questions
1 what is the effect of visual aid on effective teaching of accounting
2 what is the effect audio facilities on effective teaching of accounting
3 what is the effect of ICT facilities on effective teaching of accounting
1.5 Significance of the Study
The research proffers a study framework for the formulation and implementation of policy for addressing challenges of the availability of laboratory facilities for the effective Teaching of accounting in junior secondary schools.
It also serves as a source of information for students, Teachers and accounting Experts.
1. There is no significant effect of visual aid facilities on effective teaching of accounting
2. There is no significant effect of ICT facilities on effective teaching of accounting
3. There is no significant effect of audio facilities on effective teaching of accounting
1.7 Scope of the Study
The study focuses on the appraisal of the Availability of laboratory facility for the effective teaching of accounting in junior secondary school.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN FINANCING SMALL SCALE BUSINESS IN DELTA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF SPARE PART DEALER IN DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria is a country greatly endowed with many natural and human resources. The business envi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Leasing is a contract existing between the lessee and the lessor in which the lessor offers equip...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY It is feared that the inability of management to ensure effective enforcement of rules and regulation...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This accounting research topic is to examines the relevance of accounting ethics in accounting education.The accounting profession is being t...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTIVE ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM AN IMPERATIVE FOR PROFIT PERFORMANCE “A STUDY OF ANCHOR INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED, UYO» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Accounting Information Systems (AISs) are a tool which, when incorporated into the field of Infor...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is now obvious that the physical, chemical with the biological integrity of our planet is bein...Continue Reading »
7. SOURCES AND STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVEMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT REVENUE IN ABIA STATE (A CASE OF OHAFIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA),» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) is revenues generated internally apart from subventions, alloc...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work conducted with special reference to the budgetary system of Emenite Nigeria Limited with the view to ascertain the major r...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT ON THE PROFITABILITY OF A MANUFACTURING FIRM (A CASE STUDY OF UNILEVER PLC ABA, NIGERIA).» ABSTRACT The aim of this research work is to appraise “The impact of credit management on the profitability of a manufacturing firm focused on U...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Public debates recently in Nigeria have centered on the increasing rate of corruption resulting f...Continue Reading »