Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
1.1 Background of the Study
Secondary schools offering accounting face enormous challenges. Teachers get frustrated because there are a few or unavailable facilities to teach and carry out practical’s. When this happens the products are found wanting when sent to the job market because they have not fully and confidently grasped the course content and course work effectively. Lack of facilities has really been a major problem and students have to buy most of these items by themselves. These problems have made accounting in the secondary school very expensive, (Flock 1974). Confirming the neglect of vocational and Technical Education by the government, Anyakoha (2005) said, lack of modern equipment has also been a major problem as students read more about sophiscated equipment and have no opportunity of exploring such equipment for a first-hand information but resort to pictures in books. Anyakoha, (2007), again complained that due to the combination of other courses, work in the accounting has become tedious, such that it is difficult to plan field trips, visits to industries, institutions and organizations where these equipment can be found to aid learning and facilitate class room work. Due to lack of funds and aid from government and donor agencies to help build more practice houses, modern equipped food laboratories, textiles and sewing rooms, spacious demonstration centres and lecture halls, students and lecturers are clung to the old laboratories and the out dated facilities. Library facilities are poor, books are lacking and the few books found are too old, and this makes research and learning very different on the part of the student. From the ongoing it will be seen that accounting Education has not been given its pride of place as other professions in the march toward our national transformation. We are living in a world where science and technology have become an integral part of the world’s culture. With the increasing rate of unemployment in Nigeria, an effective training in the major areas of Home Economics will ensure functional and productive life for individuals towards national development. The research seek to investigate the challenges of Availability of teachers and laboratory facilities for effective teaching and learning of accounting in junior secondary school in Enugu North (a case study of Enugu north L.G.A)
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Accounting is a skill oriented field of study that is expected to equip learners with survival skills that make for self-reliance, employment and paid employment. Occupational skills are best understood as competency on resourceful skills capable of steering an individual to be self-reliant, independent and productive in meeting lives challenges. Creese, A. (1976) said occupational skills are life survival skills which an individual needs to function effectively and face the challenges of life. Thus accounting could play a significant role in achieving the goals of the National Economic and Development strategy (NEEDS). These goals include wealth creation, employment generation, and reduction of poverty, elimination of corruption and the general reorientation of values. In spite of these laudable qualities of accounting as a skill, there are series of challenges which impede its growth to be one of the pathways to national transformation. Some of these challenges include, Federal Government’s lukewarm attitude towards vocational and technical education programmes generally in Nigerian. The problem confronting this research therefore is to investigate Availability of laboratory facilities for effective teaching and learning of accounting in junior secondary school in Enugu North (a case study of Enugu north L.G.A)
1.3 Objective of the Study
1 To determine the effect of visual aid on effective teaching of accounting
2 To determine the effect audio facilities on effective teaching of accounting
3 To determine the effect of ICT facilities on effective teaching of accounting
1.4 Research Questions
1 what is the effect of visual aid on effective teaching of accounting
2 what is the effect audio facilities on effective teaching of accounting
3 what is the effect of ICT facilities on effective teaching of accounting
1.5 Significance of the Study
The research proffers a study framework for the formulation and implementation of policy for addressing challenges of the availability of laboratory facilities for the effective Teaching of accounting in junior secondary schools.
It also serves as a source of information for students, Teachers and accounting Experts.
1. There is no significant effect of visual aid facilities on effective teaching of accounting
2. There is no significant effect of ICT facilities on effective teaching of accounting
3. There is no significant effect of audio facilities on effective teaching of accounting
1.7 Scope of the Study
The study focuses on the appraisal of the Availability of laboratory facility for the effective teaching of accounting in junior secondary school.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CREDIT MANAGEMENT AND THE ISSUES OF BAD DEBT IN NIGERIA COMMERCIAL BANKS. (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGE...» ABSTRACT This research work was undertaken to assess the credit management and the issues of Bad debts in Commercial Banks.This work was intended to a...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTING IN THE CONTROL OF PUBLIC EXPENDITURES IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA ENUGU STATE).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In most developing countries including Nigerian government participation in economic activity is ...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF BANK IN SMALL AND MEDIUM BUSINESS ENTERPRISE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY UBA, AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT The research study examines the role of commercial bank in financing small scale enterprises in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. The primary purpose of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Taxation as a major source to Government funding has been chosen as a topic for this research work because of the incessant an inevitable red...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The determination of the overall growth of most cost depends on how efficient and effective the m...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study by introducing the subject of the project work: the impact of auditing in controlling fraud and other financial irregularities. In...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Public budgeting as a field of study has grown tremendously in recent years and budgeting is one ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine application of new media in Radio Niger, Minna. The study adopted survey research design using questio...Continue Reading »
9. DETERMINANT OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM EFFECTIVENESS IN A MANUFACTURING COMPANY,A CASE STUDY OF TUYIL PHARMACEUTICAL LTD» ABSTRACT The study sought to determine the effect of internal control system on financial performance of manufacturing firms in Tuyil pharmaceutical l...Continue Reading »
10. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PROFITABILITY IN LARGE MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A SELECTED STUDY OF MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN ABUJA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Inventory management is a critical management issue for most large companies, medium sized compan...Continue Reading »